February 25th, 2023
Happy 22nd year Anniversary WolfSpirits!
- Ophaelos is named Assessment
- Mentor: Saskia
- Code is named Assessment
- Mentor: Rook
- Saskia and Panther become mates
- Saskia and Code named Spirit Sisters
- Kova and Rook become Courts
- Rowan advances to Assessment
- Mentor: Shakira
- New Bot Announcement!
- The hunting bot for Discord is now ready! See your nearest hunter or packmember to get more details!
+Fern +Code +Cajun +Ophaelos +Rowan
Leora Foxfur Grimwolf Althea Elvira Shukie
Pack Meeting Begins
<Kova> once she reached the clearing, she would look around for those she could see. She would make note of Saskia in the distance, and offer to her a warm chuff in greeting. A swift wave of her tail was given before she would stride up towards the direction of the Alpha’s stone. Reaching the base, she would ascend it before lifting her muzzle and letting loose a low, soft howl for a gathering.
Rook 📖 A few long days had seen him watch over an uneventful eastlands– he had not seen the “aurora” that Grim had seen a few nights prior. Today had found him making his way back from the western Hollow’s Wood, a likely spot to hear, in the silence of such a place, the howl given by Kova. He had hoped to accompany Grim back, but so be it…Rook would tarry no longer and make haste along a worn westward trail alongside the slowly swelling river.
CwnAnnwn Silver male was still near the Caretaker’s cache when the sound of the alpha fae’s howl reached him. Turning his frame to the northwest, he would begin to lope towards the clearing, weaving between the trees, tail held out behind him like a banner as he moved onwards.
<Calder> He had been making his way into the clearing already and by the time a howl would reach his ears he would perk them and begin to stride forward with a swift wave of his tail. He would proceed along the trees and perhaps just missed Daithi’s scent? Or maybe he wasn’t on the right track just yet. All the same, he proceeded with eager paws until he broke into the clearing and listened to the wind welcome him with many scents and sounds.
Ophaelos .ೃ࿐ The scent of the clearing was within reach now. It was faint—few wolves seemed to linger. He was still within the thick of the forest, however, and would eventually veer off of the edge of the river and trot directly South. If he were to continue going down this path, he’d likely get put out at the most-Western corner of the clearing, but he was still a good distance away. At the sound of a howl he recognized only as Kova’s, his legs would shift him from a trot to a lope. Typically, a howl from her means a meeting, from the few times he’s heard her call. This time, however, he was the farthest he’s been from the clearing when a time like this arises. He didn’t expect another meeting to happen so close to the previous… what could this be about? *ೃ༄
Fern -ˋˏ ༻❁ Fern would be in and out of the Southern treeline of the clearing as of late, but not far enough to be unable to catch the whisper of a calling howl from the midst of the clearing. It seems a meeting was due? Of course she would first cautiously look out upon the lands, watching for anything she did not expect, like newcomers, before timidly padding her way up to the Alpha Stone with a soft chuff announcing her arrival. Who was there at the moment? ❁༺ˎˊ-
* Kova eventually the wind would be welcoming many more scents to the clearing. She swung her tail slowly and happily, as she would pick out each intricate scent. She would notice Calder, then Saskia again, Ophaelos then Fern who also appeared. She would sway her tail, chuffing to her in kind in a greeting. When the others settled into their spots, she would smile and dip her head. “Thank you to those who have heeded this afternoon’s call!” she’d begin first, allowing others to break the distance.
<Calder> When the others began to gather, he would give a polite and friendly nod to each and everyone he was able to see. He saw Fern among the gathered and gave a chuff back to her in response to her own before turning an ear and his expression to Kova. He looked around another moment, just to see if his mate was near or Ragaire but saw neither so he kept a closer distance to the others to listen.
<Shakira> still near the carcass that had been felled conveniently near the stream that bordered the wooded strip that divided the Hunting Grounds from the Clearing, would perk her ears to the echoing ringing of a howl, and a most important one indeed; that of the Alpha. Turning back to the carcass briefly to tear off a sizeable chunk to bring as an offering to any who may be hungry, she would set off at a brisk pace towards the Clearing.
Ophaelos — .ೃ࿐ It is times like this when long legs become the handiest. He’d be able to clear the final mile between him and the tree line of the clearing within several minutes. He’d pause as his eyes adjust to the clearing and sure enough, he’d see the gathering wolves near the Alpha stone. He trots forward, his maw open slightly as he pants. The water from the creek splashes his legs when he moves forward. Would he see Saskia? Surely so. Remembering their promise, he’d sidle up to her, leaving a comfortable distance given the season. Before sitting down beside the fae, he’d nose her shoulder silently, giving her a careful glance. Perhaps that one communicated… ‘See me afterward.’ Now was not the time nor the place to discuss their theories, so instead, he’d look up at Kova with a watchful and curious gaze, remaining quiet for now. *ೃ༄
* Leora the yearling would have taken her leave sometime in the evening from the clearing to go find her own lil cozy spot to rest. Rest she did! By the morning now, she would be making her way towards the direction of the clearing when a howl reached her! Ohhh! She could sense a great deal of wolves, and so she would swiftly move along the eastern edge, cutting into the ancient forest first to hopefully make the distance shorter. She was on her way!
<CwnAnnwn> It would not take long for the male to find himself slipping between the trees and into the clearing. He would not slow his pace once the rock came into view, his pace remained steady as he closed the distance to those whom had all ready gathered.
⚜Saskia⚜ — Saskia would dip her head to Kova as she ascended the rock, turning her head to see a couple who arrived in the clearing. She’d see Fern first, and would chuff softly, offering a spot beside her for the familiar fae. She then saw Calder, dipping her head to the darker male. She’d not offer him a spot beside her like she did for Fern, mostly because she knew he’d wish to seek a spot nearest his kin. At last, she’d find her gaze lingering upon the white brute. It was Ophaelos. A tension washed over her frame before she shook it off, chuffing in his direction and also offering him a spot.
Rook 📖 Both pace and proximity would likely see him observing Shakira’s path toward the clearing. He’d offer a chuff in hopes of closing the distance to the clearing together. A friendly dip of his nose would be all he gave to the Lead Huntress, however; lots on the mind of the Lore Master today as with any day. Grace given them both, either together or separately (dealer’s choice), they’d get to the clearing together or shortly after one another. He would first look for his sisters or kin before taking a place alongside them (if present), or claiming a spot near the eastern middle part of the gathered to save said goobers a spot.
Code — Code would have heard the howl and awoken sleepily shortly after Saskia had left. She stood up and shook off the gathered snow on her pelt with a yawn. She quickly headed to the clearing, not wanting to miss this meeting, and entered through the northern treeline . A prickle of anxiety sparked as she saw the sheer number of wolves gathered so she’d find Saskia in the crowd and stand close to the fae, her ears slightly pinned.
Fern — -ˋˏ ༻❁ Oh, there she was! Saskia perfect, at least Fern didn’t have to sit next to anyone unfamiliar, though to be quite honest it would do her some good to step out of her comfort zone a bit. “Saskia, hello!” Her golden snout would softly offer a nuzzle and a few licks before looking back up to Kova while waiting for everyone else to arrive. For sure she would notice Calder as well. Gosh, she really needed to get on top of her tasks, patrolling and talking with Rune wise, if she ever wanted a chance to become a fully fledged member. Her gaze would not yet find Code as she was too busy keeping an eye out on the group in front. ❁༺ˎˊ-
* Kova as each wolf would continue to gather closer she would swing her tail happily behind her. She saw Shakira among them and would be followed by Rook. She would linger upon him a little longer than others perhaps, before she would address all the others with a grin, now starting. “Today marks the 22nd year anniversary of WolfSpirits, and every year I always reflect on those who’ve made this place as wonderful as it has been over the many years we’ve been around. Truly we wouldn’t be here without the dedication, spirit, and amazing wolves who make this place us. I never imagined that I’d be sitting here today, 22 years in, and being surrounded by such amazing wolves (and people!). From the bottom of my heart, I’m so grateful for each of you, and for your talent, heart, and dedication to this pack to see it thrive for as long as it has, and will continue to do.”
Panther – Would he have heard the howl from the carcass? If so, he would be up on his paws in no time. Instead of trotting, the male would likely be sprinting, he ain’t missing everything this meeting has to offer! Though, it would take him a while to get there.
.ೃ࿐ He’d offer a friendly chuff to Fern and Code as they took their seats beside them, remaining seated to watch Kova. His ears would twitch at her words. Twenty-two years… what a lovely number, indeed. His natal pack used to have a similar number, but Ophaelos could never imagine passing on such direct genealogy that one pack name would survive two decades. That’s enough for two or four lifetimes… something like that was nearly inconceivable to think about. *ೃ༄
⚜Saskia⚜ – Saskia would smile to Ophaelos, and offer Code a nudge of encouragement before she stood to ascend.
Grimolf – Starting the day off with a reluctant grunt ; Grimolf dragged himself out of his temporary den looking outward towards the Eastern Border where the Storyteller pack lay. It was way too early ( for him ) to go out there. Perhaps, he would spent another hour or so with me, myself, and I. Luckily for the stubborn ol’ brute, he’d be blissfully unaware of the massive gathering of the 22nd anniversary. Crowds and Grimolf were still a / huge / work in progress especially when certain pups challenged him to an stare off.
<Kova> her eyes would be light upon the pair as she would dip her head to both of them. When they approached and stood beneath the stone she would offer in kind, light words. “Code and Ophaelos, your journey with us started sometime ago, and recently you’d pledged with us. Several moons have passed, and your journey has been swift but true. I would like to ask the both of you now, do you still desire to call WolfSpirits your home?”
Panther – Careful not to trip, he’d still be sprinting towards the clearing. Eventually, he’d enter into the treeline, he’d wind around this tree and that. Leap over this log, and run around that rock. Soon, he would enter into the clearing, halting at the treeline. A meeting was in tow, how much had he missed, he wondered. His gaze found Saskia and he would quickly slip in to sit beside her, dipping his head to everyone gathered.
Rook 📖 Rook would hmmm lightly to Ophaelos’ scent being present in the tale but left it at that for the moment. It seemed as though she was making good progress in growing further into her roles within the pack. Speaking of which, he turned attention toward Ophaelos and Code, and he would listen both to the question asked of them and to the answers they gave in turn.
Ophaelos — .ೃ࿐ At Kova’s words, he would bow his head deeply, presenting her with a watchful and genuine gaze once his cranium was raised. “WolfSpirits has been nothing but kind and welcoming to me. Everyone here has been endearing, and trustworthy… I honor your traditions and have begun to hope to learn more of your ways, and the lay of the land. I could think of no better place to call home, my Alphess.” There was, indeed, no truer way to put his words. This would be his second attempt at placing down his roots. Ophaelos was getting old—he is to turn six in the next few months; he isn’t an old man by any means and was instead, well seasoned. But time flies quickly—his call upon the stone would be proof of this. He is far too old to be a wanderer for much longer, at least to the extent his younger-self was. It was time for a home—a permanent home. The honor of WolfSpirits extending that gratitude toward him would cause a certain warmness to rise to his face. *ೃ༄
* Althea stretched, muscles aching as she poked her nose out of the small den that her and Elvira had been sleeping in. ”Whew, we really did sleep in..” Althea nudged Elvira with her muzzle. The two wolves had been minding their business since the pack meeting they attended. Everything was so much to take in, why did they feel so safe in this new found territory? They had been avoiding the other wolves, just sticking together which was making their bond grow stronger. The two wolves had heard whispers about a special meeting, yet were too shy to attend.
Code — offered a nod to Kova’s words and let Ophaleos speak first. When he finished, she would speak briefly. “My paws have taken me many places, but they always found their way back here. Wolf Spirits is where I feel I belong, and I wish to call it my home in time,” she said, keeping her voice steady and choosing her words carefully.
* Kova she would look between the pair and still offered a light, but thoughtful expression to them. To their words, she felt true and heard. She’d turn then towards the gathered wolves and those of the pack. She first looked to Saskia, chuffing for her to come forward, then to Rook, to whom she chuffed to come forward as well. “As an assessment of WolfSpirits, you will understand our ways more deeply. You will know the roots of the pack, and the roots of your own heart. You will become more intricately woven into our fold and you will spend the time getting to know the wolves you wish to call family. In your agreement to stepping forward, I would like to name you your mentors. Ophaelos, Saskia will be your mentor through your journey. Code, Rook will be your mentor through your journey. They will help guide you, and show you the ways of the pack as each have experienced and can share.” her tail would swing then fell to her haunches as she’d nod to both the pair once they reached the stone. She’d wait for them to approach before she’d continue.
Elvira — Elvira awoke to Althea nudging her awake. “Althea… leave me alone…” she said in a sleepful haze. “Let me go back to sleep…” She rolled over to avoid the light hitting her eyes. As much as she wanted to get up and do something productive, sleep was just as important. Knowing Althea would drag her out of her sleep anyway, she managed to stumble onto her feet and meet Althea at the entrance to the den. “Now what? Should we go adventure?”
Rook 📖 A moment or perhaps two would transpire before he realized he had been assigned Code as a pupil of sorts. He would look to the fae a moment, recalling their limited exchanges, and shift his gaze back to Kova. A gentle dip of his nose would offer his own acceptance to the task given him. He had just the curriculum to provide Code with a well-rounded assessment period.
⚜Saskia⚜ — would gently nose Panther’s chin as he took a seat beside her, almost startling her in the process. When Kova called her name forward, she would sway her tail and quietly approach the rock. She made her way to the top, and looked between Ophaelos and Kova with a light expression. Ophaelos had gotten his wish, unbeknownst of her. Code had gotten a special mentor.. and she would be proud of her dear friend. Saskia would touch her nose to the top of Ophaelos’s head. “I will give you my knowledge and guidance as best I can, Ophaelos, Assessment of WolfSpirits.” She’d move back and give Kova a smile and a dip of her head before moving back off the stone after Rook’s choice of actions.
Rowan – She would watch as Panther entered the clearing, settling beside Saskia after Ophaelos and Code were called forth. She’d watch with a curious gaze, was Ophaelos being promoted? Perhaps Code too. Then Saskia and Rook were called forth, she tilted her head. She smiled softly as she watched Saskia became Ophaelos’ mentor, and Rook Code’s mentor.
* Kova when Rook and Saskia offered their acceptance of their new mentee’s she would give a smile and a dip of her head to the four of them. Her paw would rise and stomp lightly upon the earth. “Then, I would like to have the honor of naming you Code and Ophaelos, Assessments to WolfSpirits. May your journey be true, your heart strong, and your spirit willing as you proceed on your journey to calling home.” she would stomp her paw on the stone swiftly to the pair. She was truly happy for the both of them for they’d grown stronger throughout their time here and looked forward to their progression.
<Althea> Nodding her head enthusiastically Althea bounded on top of Elvira. ”Yes! Yes! Yes!” The cold air nipped at her nose as she pounced off of Elvira, cleaning her fur from dust and dirt so she looked presentable to the other wolves in the territory. ”I wonder who we will run into today, there are so many faes left to meet”
<Calder> At the naming of the pair to assesments, he would offer a stomp of his in turn. He was just getting to know each wolf and would be excited to know them more deeply as time would go on. He was excited to see their continued journey.
CwnAnnwn – He would listen first to Kiva as she called up the pair and posed the question of whether they wished ti continue their path to becoming members of the pack. He listened to their words and when Kova named them to assessment, he would stamp his paw for them.
Code – stayed silent as Kova named her and Ophaleos assessments, a feeling of pride rushing through her. Finally, after… a year? She would be an assessment! As Rook was named her mentor, she gave a confused expression which was quickly schooled and replaced by a smile. Rook, the Wolf Who Thought Himself A River! She would have to learn to decipher his strange words if he was to teach her the pack’s ways, but she figured she would manage. She nodded to him and then to Kova. “Thank you,” she said. “I will do my best to learn all I can.” She would then return to her original spot near Saskia and their group of friends with a beaming smile, nosing her best friend and dipping her head to everyone else in thanks.
Panther – Both Ophaelos and Code were called forth, it would seem as though they were being promoted. He hummed softly, nosing Saskia’s cheek, a smile on his maw. Then, she and Rook were called forth. His ears perked and he looked forward as Saskia padded forth. His tail swayed behind him as Saskia and Rook were given apprentices. His paw stamped the ground, and once Saskia returned to his side, he’d nuzzle into her fur as congratulations.
Ophaelos – .ೃ࿐ At her nose touching his forehead, he would close his eyes, re-opening them with a smile after she speaks, dipping his head to her. “I have no doubt you will make a fine mentor for me, Saskia, future Guardian of WolfSpirits.” A large part of him was satisfied with Kova’s choice as his mentor. He would wonder if she knew of their friendlier bond, or if it was just a random chance that she was picked. Regardless, he was happy—it would have been difficult to be assigned to someone else he didn’t know well. Perhaps not difficult in action, but the road to forming a comfortable bond as the one he shares with Saskia would have been a sizeable obstacle indeed, had it been someone else. He’d be fond of Code’s choice of mentor—part of him was even a little jealous, given how knowledgeable Rook was. Nonetheless, today was a happy day, and the brute was more than satisfied.
Ophaelos would bow his head at Kova, giving a stamp of his paw alongside everyone. “Thank you, Alphess. I look forward to growing with the pack, especially those close to me,” the male says, glancing at Fern and Code especially—all three of them were assessments now! It was exciting to grow alongside them and forge new bonds going forward. He’d allow the other pair to wrap themselves up before taking a seat with Saskia. *ೃ༄
Fern — -ˋˏ ༻❁ Fern would give a happy woof to Code and Ophaelos. Look at that! Her friends were climbing the ranks alongside her! New assessments, Woo! They can all learn together now, how fun indeed. “Congratulations you two!” Her tail would start to wave faster, almost forgetting about her tension of before. ❁༺ˎˊ-
Elvira — Elvira followed suit, standing up and shaking off the dirt leftover from the den they slept in. “Hopefully not in the same way we met those one wolves…” She was thinking about their encounter in the woods a few weeks ago, which scared the two faes to the core. “Let’s go, I guess… We have to stay quiet, we’re not going to be interrupting them again and getting both of us in trouble” She walked out of the den, waiting for Althea to follow her.
<Kova> she would smile warmly to each wolf and watched them take their places back amongst their fold. She would swing her tail and gave a low chuff again, kind of apologetic the fae had to move twice, but she offered a tone to two wolves. “Saskia and Panther, please come forward.”
⚜Saskia⚜ — Saskia would be just about seated when her name had been called. She looked between her court and the rock and smiled, moving towards the rock once more. As she approached, she’d seat herself on her haunches and look to Kova with a horribly hid sense of excitement.
Panther – His ears perked, had Saskia spoken to Kova about their courtship? He was curious, though mostly excited nonetheless. His tail swayed as he rose to his paws, padding toward the Alpha Rock alongside Saskia. He dipped his head to the Alphess, and awaited her words.
<Kova> “Saskia and Panther..” she began with soft but knowing tones. “You both have been a courted pair for many moons now. I bring you before the stone to ask of you both to see if your hearts have found their soulmates. Saskia, do you still wish to be named mate to Panther, and Panther, do you wish to be named mate to Saskia?”
<Calder> He’d smile to the new assessments before turning his ears forward to now gaze upon Panther and Saskia. He would offer a smile and a sway of his tail as he would listen to either’s hearts.
* Althea was careful with her paws as she padded behind Elvira. She knew that she had to mind her noise pollution, they would have to sneak away quietly due to the fact that they were a little close to Alpha Rock, near the ancient fire. Althea snuck in front of Elvira, heading southwest to near the clearing. ”Ya snooze ya loose, bozo..” Thea smacked her tail playfully on Elviras head and she skimpered forward.
* Leora she would remain beside her brother until he would approach the rock when he was called forward. She wondered what it was like to mentor another wolf! She was happy for both Ophaelos and Code’s assessmentships and then she looked to Panther and Saskia. She’d tilt her head curiously to the pair and to the naming of what they wished. Mates? She’d have to inquire.
Rook 📖 He hadn’t approached the stone when bade to do so. It wasn’t out of any emotional response, he just thought he was close enough and that the moment was that of the assessments, not himself. He’d catch up with Code when the festivities were in their lull and offer her both his personal congratulations and her first assignment. For now, however, the proceedings proceeded with courts being asked the potentially difficult question of further, chosen devotion…a common path to share for the time allotted. He’d look to Kova a moment, not understanding the danger he was in from potential questions from his younger sister.
⚜Saskia⚜ — Saskia would wave her tail furiously behind her, unable to contain her excitement. “Yes, yes…! I have walked the same path as Panther for many moons. Our hearts were meant for one another, and I am certain his beats the tempo as my own..” She spoke with confident, happy tones. She knew her heart belonged to the black brute beside her. She had no doubt he would say the same, would he not? She turned to look him in his eyes, awaiting his answer.
Althea — “I think I remember the clearing being up ahead!” Althea’s tongue hung out of her mouth from the exertion of the run. Althea glanced back at her companion and thought how lucky she was that Vira found her in that river that day and made the decision to stick with her. Their small little society of two was beginning to feel like a real home. “I’m excited to finally get some exercise… We have been so… so… stagnant.”
Elvira — Elvira and Althea continued running forward until a strong gust of wind blew the scents of many, many wolves to her nose. “Hold on….” She stopped to sniff the crisp, cold air. “There are so many wolves nearby…” Knowing Althea would want to go see what was happening, she looked over to her friend. She was scared, she didn’t want to interrupt, but meeting other wolves may be good for them both.
Panther – green gaze settled on Kova as she spoke, a light smile lighting up his features. He nodded in regards to Saskia’s tones. “We have walked the same path for many moons now, I have watched her become the fae she is now, and I would like to continue our path. As one.” He offered in light, happy tones. His tail swaying behind him as he looked to Kova.
* Kova as the pair would share their heart for one another, there was a soft expression given across her features. From Saskia’s tones, to Panther’s, she knew the heavy weight of their affection for one another, and the promise they shared between only two could. She’d catch Rook’s gaze, offering a gentle one in kind before turning back to Panther and Saskia. “As all have heard the heart and devotion for one another, such is the path of courts to being named a mated pair. I would like to have the honor of being the first to introduce the newest mated pair, Saskia and Panther. May your devotion and hearts continue to beat as one in this journey, together.” for this she would offer a sweet, low melodic howl for the pair. A song worthy to sing.
* Leora how curious this thing was. Mateship, huh? She would feel her paws shift a little and when her brother didn’t migrate far from her, she would nudge him lightly until Kova’s howl drew her attention away from said question that no doubt would arise. She looked to see Panther, her dear friend, come together in this thing called mateship. How curious. Yes, curious. She was happy for him, though! Despite the feelings of this new season, she was happy. She would smile and howl for both Saskia and Panther.
<Calder> When Panther and Saskia where named a mated pair, he would smile and when Kova howled, he would add his song and voice to the mix for the celebration of two becoming one. He’d feel the hearts shared and given.
⚜Saskia⚜ — Saskia’s heart would beat against her chest, and she’d pull her ears back in contentment as Kova’s howls and naming lifted into the air. Her court -.. mate’s words would find her in soft tones, and she would be grateful for them. Panther was her heart, and no wolf could ever compare to him. Not knowing if she was suppose to offer her voice for their own celebration, but she couldn’t hold it back. She’d lift her head into the air and let loose low, soft tones of her inner feelings; Completion. When she was finished, she’d nuzzle Panther on his chin and descend the throne, but not before offering Kova a silent, “Thank you..”
📖 Yes, a song worthy to sing indeed. When the Song was beckoned, it was made more whole with more notes; so, he would offer up his low howl to the sky in a hearty beckoning for the newly named pair. —danger, danger Will Robinson…the sixth sense of the Lore Master were slowly going off but likely not fast enough to avoid a barrage of questions after this. His own mind was on other things, occupied by his own questions.
Code — Code grinned, happy for Saskia and Panther. She added her voice to the song that rang out in the clearing, her tail wagging and wagging with joy for her friends. Mates! Oh, how wonderful! When the howls would cease, she would nod to Saskia with a smile, whispering a “congratulations!”.
<Kova> she would pick up Saskia’s thank you and smile warmly to the fae and gave them a nod to return back to their place with the others. When all the howls and notes where sung, she would shift her paws just a little on the stone if only to address the wolves of the pack. “Before I continue, is there any who wish to request of me, anything, for this meeting?” she had glanced across the
<Kova> gathered, hoping to to perhaps see Rune among the gathered at some point, before turning then to the rest momentarily. She knew where her hues desired to fall, but she kept them to each now to ensure she’d not miss any requests.
Fern — -ˋˏ ༻❁ How lovely! All of her friends were just getting it good this meeting weren’t they. Panther and Saskia’s love reminded her of a story, but she’ll have to save it for lore night… For now she would give a double stamp of her paws and a gentle yip for the mated pair! This was no doubt a meeting to remember. ❁༺ˎˊ-
⚜Saskia⚜ — Saskia would stop before reaching her spot and then back to face the stone for the third time. Was this going to be a habit? She’d hum and lift her head to meet Kova’s gaze. “I have a request.” It was something her and Kova had spoken about in the past, and now that her romantic bond had formed, she wanted to complete another bonding.
Elvira — Elvira followed Althea, temporarily stopping every little while to hear the sounds and scents getting closer, closer, closer. Once they got closer to the others, Elvira stopped them both to avoid barging in unannounced. Maybe, just maybe, one of the wolves at the meeting would notice them. Whatever did happen, Elvira tried to keep the pair of faes as calm and respectful as possible. In a low whisper, Elvira nudged Althea. “Stay quiet, we aren’t getting yelled at again. We don’t even know if we can be here.”
Ophaelos — .ೃ࿐ With a stamp of his paw and offering his own song, he’d extend his own gratitude to the pair. Ophaelos wasn’t a huge romantic anymore due to his own trials and tribulations that he’s been experiencing. By no means was he a cynic on their behalf, though, and would be delighted for the mated pair—love was a beautiful thing with a painful bite, after all. Eagerly, he’d listened to Kova’s further words and would wonder if anyone had anything else to add to this meeting. When he heard Saskia begin to speak, he would listen intently to his mentors request. *ೃ༄
Althea — Althea nodded her head in understanding and she sniffed the air. “The alpha…. Kova? I smell her…” Althea grinned. She was excited, she loved a good party!
Code — Code’s stomach flipped with nerves as she knew what Saskia was going to request but the worry was mixed with excitement and anticipation. She stepped forward next to Saskia, her smile widening and tail softly wagging. She nosed the fae warmly and turned her gaze to Kova.
Panther – He would’ve offered his own voice, though once it died down, he found his place among the crowd again. He watched his mate as she made it known she had a request, his head tilted. What was this request? He wondered. He kept quiet, and watched.
* Kova her eyes would fall then towards Saskia who would have meandered from the stone, only to turn around and request another. She smiled softly to the fae and would welcome her back forward. “Please share your request.” she’d invite her forward once more with a lightness to her expression and curious, to.
Rowan – She stamped her paw into the ground, a smile on her maw. Saskia and Panther, they had been courted, and now they were mated. She hummed softly, she would have to congratulate them at the end of the meeting. Though, her attention directed upon the dark fae as she spoke up about a request.
⚜Saskia⚜ — Saskia would hum. She wouldn’t burden the stone with a third approach of her own paws, but instead she’d stand at the base for now until Kova either denied or accepted her request. “Panther is not the only one I have bonded with since I’ve made WolfSpirits my home. Code has been by my side since the day of my arrival, and has taken a part in who I have become these days. We’ve become very close, and I have spoken to you as well as her about my request to become what WolfSpirits knows as a Spirit sister…” She’d pause and await Code’s expression before continuing. “We have both agreed it is what we want, for our paws to walk side by side as sisters not of blood, but of bond.” She’d conclude and pause, awaiting Kova’s response.
* Kova as Saskia approached with her request, she’d give a knowing smile. She knew well the strength and bonds between another who might not be shared in blood, but spirit. It was a unique honor that the pack would provide to those of the pack. She turned then to Code and offered the fae to come forward as well. She would seek Code to come forward as well. “I hear your request, Saskia. As a bonded wolf to another not of blood, but of Spirit, the sibling bond is a strong and true one. We are lucky to find a wolf whom we share our heart with, but not just as a singular bond, for we can share it with others to. I know well this bond.” her hues fell to Code then to Saskia. “If Code agree’s and you both feel strong for this to be made true, then, I would have the honor to name you both Spirit Siblings before the pack. To be recognized, named, and to share that continued bond with one another, throughout your journey within our home.” she would smile and gently stomp her paw to the stone.
<Calder> When Saskia stepped forward with her request and it to be made with Code, he smiled. He would give a gentel stomp of his paw for the pair of fae’s. He was happy the two of them found a common ground and heart with one another during their time in the fold of WolfSpirits.
* Leora she would watch all the gathered wolves, so many! She would be happy to see the others advance in their place in the pack, and as well hearts it would seem. Now spirit siblings? Oh, another thing she’d have to ask about! She swished her tail and not knowing the bounds of them fully yet, it was still a time to rejoice and feel the celebration and heart fulfillment to the pair. When they where named, she’d mimic Kova and stomp her paw.
⚜Saskia⚜ — Code’s words would warm her heart and she would look to Kova with knowing hues and a firm nod of her head. Would she notice the two newer fae’s coming into the clearing, if so she would greet them after the meeting, but for now there was an important moment to attend to. “It is as said, and true to our hearts. A bond we wish to seal, as Spirit Sisters..” She would smile at Kova, knowing she knew well of what bonds formed between the two faes based off of her own bond with Fianna.
* Kova she would look between Saskia and Code, and smile softly as she had given a firm and knowing nod. “It is an honor to name you spirit sisters, Code and Saskia. May your bonds continue to grow stronger.’ she would dip her head to the pair and happily wave her tail for the two.
Fern — -ˋˏ ༻❁ Hm? Spirit sister? What was that? After Kova’s little explanation she’d now understand. Fully agreeing that they were fit to be sisters by the bond they held. Fern still remembers to this day that Saskia had first mistaken her for the lighter fae, not to mention she talked about her all the time when she was missing. The golden fae would first give a knowing nod before her tail betrayed her seriousness with more waves of joy and a congratulatory yip! Yet again her friends were getting it SO good this meeting! Maybe one day Fern herself will find an unbreakable bond with someone, be it a mate or a spirit sister… ❁༺ˎˊ-
⚜Saskia⚜ — Saskia would wave her tail and dip her head to Kova before stamping a paw under her own frame for their bond. She looked back and moved between Code and her mate, nuzzling them both before seating herself and finally keeping quiet for the continuation of the meeting.
Rook 📖 Rook would offer a firm stamp to the earth below for the bond Saskia and Code had formed. There weren’t many present that he had found to kindle such a bond with, maybe Phoenix, but that was a product of fate and his own choices. Perhaps, one day he’d find someone to warrant such a title be given to the bond made. For now, his eyes once more looked to Kova.
* Kova when Saskia and Code would return to their favored places among the gathered, she would smile and swing her tail. The feeling jovial and light and it would radiate with the others. She once more scanned the gathered and allowed the floor to remain open for a request that might be needed and she just hadn’t the moment to share it before the meeting. “Does any others wish to come forward with a request?” would she notice the two faes in the distance yet?
<Calder> He’d remain seated and when the request floor was open, he would glance again to all the gathered wolves. He himself hadn’t found such a bond yet with another, but was hoping , with time, he might. For now he’d remain silent and listening. Wondering curiously where Fianna might be.
Ophaelos — .ೃ࿐ The sound of having a spirit sibling would cut close to the brute, who smiled and offered his stomp of approval. Losing Eýr was one of the most difficult losses Ophaelos had experienced. It rivaled losing his mate—that alone should convey the seriousness of such a subject. Similar to the others who seated themselves near the brute, Ophaelos would wonder if he, too, would share a similar bond with another wolf. His mind was mainly on the subject of a spirit sibling, not so much a mate… he was far too cynical at the moment to even begin to wonder if there was another in this pack who would work his way into his heart in such a way. It was far too early for him to begin to wonder about such things—both a mate and a spirit sibling—and would quickly shut down such ideas. Instead, he’d offer his kindness to the named-sisters in the form of a simper. *ೃ༄
* Daithi had spent his early hours rummaging through some brush and munching on some local berries that he had remembered were edible. They tasted tart but quenched a thirst deep in his belly and helped to get rid of that growling sensation. Whilest on pause to lap at some icey water from a stream he was near, could be hear voices on the wind in the far distance? The howls of many… Curiosity could potentially get the best of him had it
* Daithi not been for his timid nature, instead… he carefully stepped his way towards the voices… He carefully stepped through the dense wooded vale, his paws light on the cold solid ground. Passed the ancient sentinels that protected these woods, they whispered to him as a pup. He would never forget their words… but for now, he continued forward. Until the sun stretched for undergrowth and barren roots that occasionally peeked out
* Daithi from the dense packed snow. He stayed in the tree line, a pale apparition against the trees, until he circled around to be able to see fur and tail of the wolves he heard earlier. Remaining there, he stayed put, quietly contemplating for awhile
Rook 📖 The sound of celebration would die down once more, and he would listen and watch in the brief silence that accompanied the lull between Kova’s question and the here and now…the heart racing, heart pounding now. He would nose at his sister, if nothing more than for courage and approach the base of the stone to look up to Kova.
“I only ask of you the world as I know and feel it. I ask to share a common tale with the time given us and to weave one for the telling when our time has passed. Forgive me my boldness, but I ask a life-long barter of a story for a story.”
They had shared moments of honest vulnerability in private; the moments that temper the heart but that do nothing to harden it. Such fire and coal analogies so often break here in the details, but that was because it wasn’t a steel to be forged in these moments…it was an alloy. Such metallurgy took time, knowledge, and great care to form a stronger material than what was present separately. This…this was the right analogy and whether he was the chromium to her cobalt+nickel or it was the other’way’round…the end to strive for was the strongest material known.
Panther – He had formed the mate bond with Saskia, and Saskia had formed a sisterly bond with Code. He smiled, nuzzling his mate as she settled beside him again. He glanced around, sighing. This reminded him he wanted to speak with Sanek, but it didn’t seem as though the brute was around. Perhaps they could catch up later, he hoped so.
<Kova> her hues would fall towards the stone hued frame of the Lore Master as he had approached in the boughts of silence from the others. There would be a softness to her expression, a knowing kindle that began to ignite within her own. She’d not appointed another higher ranked wolf yet to their fold, and so, such ceremonies would be given in what her words offered next. But first, she would slowly descend the rock so that she’d be even with Rook and stepped forward until she brushed her nose to his lightly. “Share with two souls, and we will share in freedoms tale.” she’d offer in light tones before her tail swung ever so. If a wolf could blush, surely her cheeks would be rosey like a fresh spring flower. She’d feel her own heart pulsate against her chest for the moments of shared heart in the ancient wood, would be revealed to the others in the open upon his request. She’d give another moment more before she would swing her tail and address the others. “Rook, I accept your heart and give mine in full and in kind. To explore the paths together and grow stronger in those intricate, but beautiful threads of bondship. I accept your heart as I hope you to mine, and I would be honored to be your court and to join on a journey that of moon and earth can share.” her tail would betray her inner thoughts for it’d be hard to stop it’s sway as she pressed her crown into his, so her chest may press against his own. If only to share their beating hearts, to slow and pace as one.
Rowan – She tilted her head, spirit sisters, huh? Her ears perked, she hummed softly. She glanced between Saskia and Code, would she find a Spirit Sibling while she roamed this pack’s lands? Would she bond with anyone as these wolves have? As she was deep in thought, watching the happenings of the meeting, she likely wouldn’t notice the two visitors watching them.
⚜Saskia⚜ — Now, saying Saskia was shook was an understatement. Kova… courting Rook? She should’ve seen it coming! Saskia would turn and perk her ears, tail still behind her as she listened to the love language the two rarely, practically never shared. Would Rook show emotion in this moment? She’d look to her mate with a subtle glint of suspense in her eyes, watching the Alpha and the Lore Master. When Code snuggled close, she’d wrap her tail around the fae’s hindquarters but couldn’t keep her gaze off the two at hand.
📖 Rook would watch Kova and read the words written gently, boldly, with elegant grace and that were hewn upon her frame. His heart continued to race, and he did what he could to steady it in the interceding moments before her voice offered her reprieve from the unbound seas he found himself awash in. A beacon…a lodestar to which to swim toward and swim he would…When she accepted his offer and offered her own heart in kind, he momentarily bowed his head. The weight was born aloft his neck, but it was no albatross; this weight was the torc within which a great deal of magic was kindled. This weight was the stone that completed the stone.
Rook would not contain the happiness and levity Kova’s words and acceptance offered, and he’d not let her wait a moment longer to accept her own “Your heart is safe with me, mo réalta thuaidh. Your tale is told with every swift beat of my heart.”
Fern — -ˋˏ ༻❁ Ha! Fern knew it! She knew those suspicious looks they were giving each other as they went alone into the Ancient Forest that one day weren’t for nothing. But if we’re honest here the idea of Kova courting Rook was quite the surprise to all. Her ears too would be perked with interest as she watched what went down. What a special day it was, a day of love as it seemed it would flow in and out of almost everyone who went up to the Alpha Stone. ❁༺ˎ
Panther – Panther tilted his head, curious. Another courted pair? Kova and Rook, he had missed their longing gazes that no doubt wandered to each other from time to time, so he was definitely surprised. His eyes were curious, would Rook become Alpha alongside Kova? Or remain Lore Master? He seemed to lean towards the stone, interested. He caught himself and instead leaned into his mate.
* Kova there would be no betraying how she felt, for she felt this way for sometime. The stone hued male of the Mean Oiche had stolen her heart perhaps sometime ago, but after a pause and breath of recent events, and time shared and spent closer together, she knew where her heart truly and wanted to belong. She would gruuu softly against his crown and nuzzled into his chest. His words binding to
<Kova> her heart like a special golden thread, now firmly tethered to her. To his promise, she’d offer her own. “And yours is safe with me. A tale tethered to one another for as long as the threads will last..” She would gently place her paw atop his own briefly, knowing he knew of it’s meaning before she would feel her heart race until she’d let loose a gentle, low song for their
* Leora she would give a swing of her tail to both Saskia and Code. How exciting, she thought! It was there she would be left to her own when her brother took a few paces forward. She blinked and tilted her head and when the pair seemed to share a lovers story, she blinked even more. Her eyes where like “@o@”. So many questions now fell into the forefront and now they where burning to be asked! But this was a special moment, so, she kept to herself. Did she notice Althea and Elvira yet? Her eyes where glued and when Kova howeled for the courtship to her brother, she felt her own howl added in kind! So.many.questions.
⚜Saskia⚜ — A song that was worth sharing, indeed! Saskia would look back to her mate with an awwe look in her hues. She stamped her right paw firmly, happy for the two as they began their long yearned-for journey of love. She too wondered if Rook would become Alpha alongside Kova, but deep down she felt he would not uphold such titles and none would live up to his own of Lore Master. She’d wait for Rook to sing his song before she offered her own into the sky. A night of love, kinship, and bonding as they lived yet another year in the intricate threads of time; 22 years to be exact!
Rook 📖 One more quiet moment out at sea and he was on the shore of a new and wonderous venture. The air within him swelled bringing the cold winter’s air within what felt like a smelter. He breathed a long and low breath before then lifting his own note skyward. Song and story were sang and written but not yet fully. This was a barter he would honor until the last of his breaths fell and until the silent name given him left this world for the memory of another’s story told.
Quietly now, he would press the crown of his head to Kova’s shoulder and move to sit beside his sister, Leora. He had much to answer, he knew.
Ophaelos — .ೃ࿐ A courtship was a lovely thing—he remembers the two separate times he was courted. Although, he’s never mentioned the first to anyone. Ahh… he could feel the puppy love from here. He’d stomp his paw, offering his song to the sky to celebrate their union. It seems the season brought on many feelings for everyone! He hadn’t been here long enough to notice Kova and Rook’s affection toward each other, but it was clear they felt heavily for one another. The air between them was palpable, even from where the brute sat. *ೃ༄
Panther – An ‘awwwe’ look was shared with his mate. Now that he thought about it, he and Saskia courted before the alpha, was that weird? He shook his head, glancing back to the courted pair. He stamped his paw and he would offer his own voice once the Alphess and Lore Master did.
<Kova> there would be another soft but hard felt nuzzle to his shoulder and frame swiftly before she would step from her court (insert hehe here), and up the slope of the rock she’d go. When she reached it’s edge, she would stand there again and offer a warm but soft expression to the wolves present. Her tail would sway behind her with a little more air before she’d offer. She’d let loose a gentle breath and seeing Rowan among the others, she would offer to the fae to come forward.
Rowan – She watched the happenings of the clearing, unaware of the two newcomers. Her tail swayed, she offered a stomped paw in regards to the new courted pair. She rose to her paws noticing Kova beckoned her forth, she offered a subtle smile and padded forwards.
<Kova> when the fae would come forward, she smiled. “Rowan, you have been a pledge for sometime now, and I wanted to ask you now, if you are ready to proceed to the next step of Assessmentship and your journey with WolfSpirits to become a member?” eyes would be light and curious to the fae’s response.
*Rowan She glanced first towards Ophaelos, they had pledged together, she hummed softly then looked towards the Alphess. “My paws have wandered, but I believe this is my second chance at a permanent home. If you will allow it of me, I would like to proceed and take the next step.” She offered in light tones, giving a firm nod to Kova’s words. If the alphess were to accept, who would her mentor be?
<Kova> “As an assessment of WolfSpirits, you will learn more intricately the ways of the pack and fold you are about to join. I will name your mentor now, as Shakira.” she would look across the gathered wolves to the Lead Huntress. She’d invite the fae to come forward if she wished. “Shakira will help lend and give her knowledge to you so that you may grow stronger in knowing the pack ways and rules, and as well, your own path to joining us. Do you accept your next step and journey?”
Ophaelos — .ೃ࿐ A smile would find him as Rowan was called to pledge. Indeed, he would catch her glance and would offer a respectful bow of his head. This was exciting—for both of them, he’d like to think. He was worried for a moment that, due to her lack of appearance lately, she wouldn’t have the privilege to ascend with him. Alas, by Kova’s gracious philosophy, she would be joining not only him and Code but Fern and Cajun as well! *ೃ༄
Saskia would watch as Rowan went forth, and she’d smile for the fae. Rowan wasn’t around a lot, but recently she’d stayed nearer to the clearing. She knew the fae had a place here, even if she’d not yet found what it was. When the brown fae was named an Assessment, she would lightly stamp her left paw.
-ˋˏ ༻❁ Wow! What a day! So many of the wolves she knows are climbing in the ranks. Fern would no doubt give a stop of her paw for Rowen the new assignment alongside her, Ophaelos, Code, and Cajun! Or at least that’s all who she knew. They all should have little assessment meetings and share what they have learned with the rest, how great would that be. ❁༺ˎˊ-
New Bot Announcement
📖 When the rest of the proceedings were at a place for the teller of tale to tell tale of tinkering, he’d spin the yarn.
“Ar aird…Ar Aird! Winter’s worst has waned and the hunter’s time of ease has gone. Ahead lie the months of toil…toil for new mouths and new kin. Toil for prey who no longer slog through the snows we grace our wide paws upon. Today marks the end of Winter’s worst and the beginning of Spring of bounty and hardship. ”
He would stamp his paws heartily upon the earth beneath him and call out again
“AR AIRD! AR AIRD!!! The bonds of Fenrir are broken and the beast runs free at the behest of the Lord of the Wild, Cernunnos! The hunt, the wild, and the wild places of the lands grow ever so more wild under his direction, and we…we must grow all the wilder.”
OOC—- A new discord-side hunting bot is ready, and it entails a host of changes and simplifications. An easy word document will be posted summarizing the commands to use, and a quick/easy demonstration will be given shortly.
The quick and dirty changes: Your health does not reset after every hunt. You must rest and eat meals to steadily replenish your health, of you should seek out the Caretaker for harsher wounds, because she alone can deem you worthy of hunting again. Every meal provided by the prey is calculated by the average maximum meal a wolf can eat, so you are limited to 1 meal every other day. Fishing and predator tracking are not yet available, but are coming soon.