Pack Meeting Begins
P.M Meeting Continued
7/22/2019 @ 5:30PM
* Kajika was making his way back from the top of the tower where they had stacked the rocks. This was becoming more of a familiar site and the view from it was something he hadn’t seen anything nearly as grand that rivals it in how relatively safe it was for quite some time. His head lifted up and paused for a moment before he got to his paws without a word and would make his way down the tower and on his way down, some of the missing bricks in the walls were wide enough that he could see a wolf approaching the tower but was a little too far to see who it was from this far.
* Atraya when she gauged the days time she found herself rising to a seated position and there peering out ‘ahead’ of her. A long drawn out sigh was given as she had much to think on, but, she wanted to proceed with the meeting. Having succumbed to a long nap, she didn’t anticipate she’d be asleep for that long and so when she came around she would be some what surprised at how much time had passed. A yawn escaped half parted jowls before she would let loose yet another howl. A howl for a gathering to those who were not already there.
* Nightshade “I’m still where I was the meeting before, now I’m halfway deaf ” she teased her alphess Atraya “at least if ur still on the same spot or I haven’t sleepwalked” she nudges softly Darth his frame.
* Darth â€˜s ears would perk at the sound of the Alphaâ€™s howl. Lifting his head up, and looked toward the alphaâ€™s position. He looked to Nightshade and smiled as she joked with the alpha, before sitting up to listen to the alpha.
* Kwa`ani wasn’t far off when her mother’s howl erupted breaking the sounds of day ending and night beginning. She turned on her heals and made her way back to where they’d met earlier in the day having been patroling the nearby areas. With a howl in response she would let others know she was on her way. Her pace wasn’t slow but it wasn’t a run either, just steady and sure that she’d arrive shortly showing no signs of her return. She’d take note of who was there and who was not.
* kamaitachi based the alphas howl and would put her ear on wait and deal with the pain. She would sit down and wait to see what else was to be said
<Faolan> Shoooo-eeee! Yeah, love she a sea, a river, da air…all those things when it foamed at the mouth, led ya on down the bayou, and smelled a somethin’ like three-day ol’ gumbo in the sun. Mais, I tell you what else carries on the wind…a howl n’ he had his ears on a number. Dis-moi pas…they all singin’ kumbaya ’round a rock and invitin’ trouble along with it. Elle est aussi vaillant comme la porte de prison, cher…she a cold mistress if’n she find em there. He was already on his way back when another howl came thunderin’ down the south.
* Shukie perked to the sound of Atraya’s call, promptly returning from her marking of an outer boundary as it seemed a few others were speaking their scents by way of rubbing against stone, tree and shrubbery. The more scents scattered the better, also the better for Atraya to have a bit of a guide should she move about until she’d get her bearings better. As she approached she took stock of those present and would relay this information to Atraya after a gentle greeting and settled beside the fae. SHe owuld get in the habbit of diong a kind of left to right of those nearby in giving the alpha at least an idea to direct her sightless gaze. She was unaware of the buzzbugg imitator from the bayou whatever a bayou was.
* Atraya the crown of her head dipped downwards towards those who would heed the call for a continuation of the meeting. Her nose came to brush along Shukie as she would greet her again. Dipping her head to her presence she looked out. She was grateful for their presence and would make short order on the pauses and get right to it. Her head tipped upwards as she tried to pick the scents that where there. Leaning towards Shukie she would nose her lightly before ‘looking out ahead’ again. She leaned into Shukie and whispered.. ~ Is Kwa`ani and Fianna present? ~
* Kajika heard the sound of a howl that didn’t sound too far away. It sped up his paws but he still placed them deliberately on the stones when he placed his paws down. He didn’t know it was the second summoning howl but he would do his best to make sure to arrive safely for there not to be a third. Down down the spiraling staircase and sidestepping around the same missing bricks until he arrived in the first chamber that one would see when entering the ruins. It wouldn’t take much longer before he would find the rest of the pack by both scent and sound.
* Ayaka would have been within the ruins themselves, perhaps in another courtyard along the far side, she didn’t know anything about court, nor yards for the world was her playground. Whenever the howl was issued she’d have her nose stuck under a pole of rubble where she’d hid the unused key from the cavern. Now, after a few minutes of getting it loose she’d be on her way back toward the other’s, the key held within her maw. She figured perhaps it should be kept closer, for wj knew when it might come in handy. Maybe never. Eventually she would move into the courtyard where the others gathered, for she’d not been far off. With a chuff around the key, she’d announce her presence to all and move to settle near Kova and Fianna, unknowing the deep heart felt talk they’d been having she gave them a goofy smile around the key before setting it down to perk at Atraya.
* Shukie would nod to Atraya, the nod felt in a return nuzzle while also completing a quick report of who was now before her. In a quiet tone only for hte alpha’s ears, “would it be easier for me to sit beside you rather than you leaning down not sure just wehere my head is?” that last could be taken a couple ways.
* Atraya gave a nod to her “if I can lean in, yes that would be great” she whispered back before clearing her throat. She would point her nose where the ‘gathered’ where and offer “Fianna and Kwa`ani.. please come forward”
* kamaitachi looked to the faes that atraya had called forward in interest
* Fianna the very rivers and sea? She had thought hard bout that. Love was the very essence of herself? With a minute nod of her head she would lean to nuzzle Kova. “Thank you for sharing such words of wisdom. I am learning, slowly.” She felt that some of those feelings had been true within herself, but it had only been a bud, given too little water, and time in the sun. It was not the true full bloom of love that she might one day experience. Did she want to? She did, yet in future she must be more careful. As Atraya howled she would sit up straighter and glance around for Kwa`ani, and to see who else had gathered while she was lodged within her own mind.
* Kova an ear turned to the sound of a call and it would belong to their alpha, Atraya. Another meeting would be held again. She would pause her thoughts and her words for Fianna before brushing her nose along her crown once more “We’re being called again.. let us continue after.” she said in light tones before she turned herself around and would be facing Atraya and the others. She hadn’t gotten up from her spot sense the meeting adjourned some hours ago.
* Nightshade perked her ears and would pay attention at the alphess while she kept an eye on Darth and watched the two wolves who was called
* Kwa`ani would plop her back side down not too far form others when …*blink* her mum called her and her sister? “Yes, Alpha.” She spoke clearly, enunciating to give her mum timre to pin point her. WHen she stopped, she would scratch at the ground while waiting for her sister to come beside. “what can we help you with, my alpha”
* Shukie whispered to Atraya, :she’s arriving now, off with kova it seems:
* Fianna would have clearly been thinking some deep thoughts for it wasnt until a few moments later after Atraya called her name that she would rise belatedly, wait what? She trotted to catch up with Kwa`ani and would stand before the stone upon which Atraya would occupy. “I am here mother.” She added to alert the Alphess.
* Atraya listened to Shukie and nodded. When her two daughters approached there was a pause. A thought. A memory. Like a scene from the past coming to replay in her mind. It would be the only thing she has sight for and it would be those memories. Those moments. It was there a flash of her children but mere pups. Innocent to the world and to the ways around them. Learning and growing with each passing day by their own doing and the pack. How they’ve grown. She recalled exactly what they looked like and was glad to have seen them grow into the wolves they where. A mother truly proud. Snapping back to the darkness therein, she began “Fianna and Kwa`ani… as you know it isn’t our way to allow those born into the pack to achieve immediate membership. It is a right that must be earned.” she paused for but a breathe and continued “You have grown into fine wolves throughout your time here in WolfSpirits, your home and birth pack. You have found strength in each other through difficult times and through undemanding times. Your spirits and hearts are true as I’ve ever felt. This journey, like many others soon to come, will be a testament to your resolve and true heart. I would like to ask you both now; is WolfSpirits still the place you desire to call home?”
<Faolan> Dis here the path of a yo-yo if it were on the ground and ignored all those properties of friction and inertia a course. He didn’t reckon he knew about inertia or friction…’haps not even a yo-yo, but he’d heard tale a Raven that got hold a somethin like one and then bobbed somethin’ fierce until it fell off a tree. That story had earned his packmate a fine seat at the carcass that night. Regardless, on he trudged like a winding yo-yo a sorts headin’ on to what he’d reckon was a story.
* Kwa`ani stood a little taller as her mother and alpha spoke. It took no thought, “I was born into WolfSpirits adn I shall die a WolfSpirit when the time should come. I shall do what I can to ensure the pack continues.” perhaps her mother would sense the dipping of her head in a bow of sorts but likely not. One thing her papa had taught her and Shukie drove home.. words are meaningless, it is actions that give the true answer.
* Fianna would weigh her words well, fully focused now on the scene at hand, on her mother’s question. What was she but a wolfspirit? What was a home? “Yes mother, my Alphess. More than that, wolfspirits is a part of me, deeper than a home, it is more than comfort. A wolfspirit is who I will always be, and as such I will strive to be a strength, and not a weakness to those I call pack.” She would feel the words deeply, meaning each and not trying to be flowery or persuasive. She would have looked to Kwaani as well as her sister would speak.
* Atraya waited with controlled breaths as she listened to her daughters words. There was a familiar pang of guilt, nae, sadness that their father wasn’t currently here for she knew this would no doubt be a monumental achievement for their young. How mature and grown they’ve become. Proof of their own stories forging anew. Pages added to their collection. The brief pause was short lived and she would continue albeit with a smile. “As a member of WolfSpirits you will continue to learn and grow from one another, but as well, your pack. You will learn where your place among family resides and to what roles you will fulfill in time. You will stride with true of heart. To keep your spirit strong and pure. To learn and grow from all of life’s experiences. To learn from those lessons well forged from times beyond your own. Do you promise to uphold the ways of your pack. The ways of WolfSpirits? To enforce the rules if must? To defend and to love your pack and family no matter what? To uphold the foundations that your father and I, and those who’ve come before you, have done?”
* Kajika arrived, panting lightly panting but he arrived just in time to see the closing statements of Fianna and Kwa`ani as his tail immediately started to wag with his excitement that it became a nuisance for him when he tried to sit down amongst the others gathered. He knew that they were the offspring of the Alphas and that their membership wasn’t automatic, so seeing the two of them now becoming full members of the pack that they were born to.
* Ayaka would be settled now beside Kova, key forgotten for the time being by her paws as she watched the two grown pups stand before their mother, their Alphess, to step into their own, to become full pack. Her chest swelled with pride for how far they’d come as she listened.
* Kova her own excited tail wave was made as she would press her frame against Ayaka’s with anticipation. She turned seeing Kajika arrived and she dipped her head in his direction before her eyes once more transfixed on the proceedings.
* Nightshade glanced at kajika and chuffed him a greet ” hello kaji,”
* Darth would watch as the two faes would be going through almost the same thing he and Nightshade had done only a few hours earlier. What pride they must feel right now.
* Fianna would stand tall, head up and wars forward as she looked up at her mother, memorizing each feature, even her now sight less eyes. Each piece of history was now hers to claim, hers to be truly a part of. She would take a deep breath exhaling and answering in equal measure to Atraya’s serious tones. “I promise to uphold these things. My pack will be put before even my own life.” There would be more weight, going forward, against each action and decision she would make, for now it would reflect on her pack, for she would be a part of a bigger whole.
* Nightshade ” I hope we will achieve once what they now got ” she whispered at Darth ” looked with happiness at Fianna and Kwa`ani and would congratulate them when the alphess was done
* Kwa`ani gave her sister a light shoulder nudge and a soft murr trying to contain her excitement. It would take a moment or two before she calmed enough to respond, “As much as I always have and always shall, Pack is family. It is not just blood that makes family but the bonds formed by all. In all ways I shall. the future of the pack shall be seen too, as much as wolfly possible.” her tones sharp and clear and filled with emotion.
* Shukie whispered again to Atraya, “they are both standing tall and their expressions show their heart in their words, words of the soul” the whisper would go no further than Atraya’s ear and it would not be likely that others would discern the minute movements of her muzzle.
* Atraya upon their shared agreement to the code of their pack she would smile. Shukie’s description helped her picture just that. Her paws would hold firm as was her decision to rise from her heart. She continued to look out and allow the words to sink and fall in tandem with her heart before she tipped her muzzle up to address the pack. “As all have lay witness to their vow to uphold the ways of WolfSpirits, the way of their spirit and of their heart, I would like to have the honor and privilege to name Fianna Mean OÃche and Kwa`ani Mean OÃche WolfSpirits members! You dance to the music you hear however measured or far a part and to that end, you dance with WolfSpirits. Welcome home my dears…” there would be but only a moment to pass for her words to sink in with the rest of the group before her heart, truly filled to the brim with joy, would over-spill into a long deep howl in congratulations to her two daughters advancement to pack. It had been a long time coming and now it was theirs. Her tone would last a little longer, perhaps in some measurement she was adding to another’s call who was missing. One who would not be there to witness but hopefully feel wherever the distance has taken him. Hopefully to hear their shared voices and song.
* kamaitachi let her voice chime in at the members. So many advancements today it seemed.
* Darth would join in the celebratory howl for the pair
* Nightshade tunes in with everyone and howls deeply with full emotions for the pair who become members.
* Shukie lifted her own head to the skies overhead lending her own vocals to that of her Alpha, proud of the two faes and how far they’d come from bumblign pups that triped over their own paws. “Forever more you shall be known as wolfspirits, daughters of Faolan and Atraya, granddaughters of Kovo and grandniece of Spirit.” Her voice rang again punctuating her words
* Kova couldn’t contain it and would lift her muzzle sky high and let loose a howl in unison to her family and pack! She would welcome the two sisters into their fold with open hearts and open paws. She was so proud of the pair for all they’ve accomplished and yet to do so now as pack!
* Kajika nosed Ayaka back and dipped his head in greeting to Nightshade as he greeted him before he would turn his head to follow the meeting as it continued. Once they were officially made members, he would raise his voice for the new members of their pack. His paw even stamped a few times on the ground in his excitement now. He would have to fight the urge to go up and greet them as it wasn’t the time for that yet and he wouldn’t be sure if he would be interrupting anything else. So, he just sat patiently and cast his voice to the winds.
* Kwa`ani would blush at the praise if a wolf could blush. In a hushed tone from a bowed head she whispered to her sister, “We ARE WolfSpirits! Not just in blood” tho they had shed much blood for hte pack over their short lives thus far. When her mum and Shukie and the rest howled she too lifted her head, not for just herself and Fianna but for all WolfSpirits past, present and future.
* Nightshade “congratulations Fianna and Kwa`ani ” and nuzzles them careful, she took a few steps backwards when she had done. “Hooraay for the 4 new goals ” she howled once more.
* kamaitachi wouls end her howl and sit there curling her tail around her paws again
* Ayaka would lift her muzzle, throwing her head back and her voice into the fray for she was proud dangit!! The two had grown and matured and she was more than happy to welcome each of them as pack!
<Faolan> Oh, nah see? Dis was a fine story to catch the middle of. He had just come into range a listenin’ and listenin’ he did. There was much to it; nothin’ needin’ secrecy selon lui, but he did not intrude nor did he venture closer than a good stone’s throw away. Dese fine wolves had the gris-gris somethin’ fierce.
* Fianna too would feel a blush beneath, and she would prance her paws some as the swell of voices welcomed her home, her mother’s voice louder and prouder than all the rest, and perhaps she could hear Faolan, papa, in those tones too. If Rook were here, would he be a wolfspirit now too? She ached for him her stone half even as she lifted her muzzle and howled for Kwa, for what it meant to be a wolfspirit. She brushed her shoulder along her sister’s frame. “Good job sis. You earned it. ” Then she would look at Atraya again. “Thank you mother. I will strive to act as befits one of the wolfspirits.” With that she would turn and take her place back beside the other’s.
* Atraya swung her tail slowly behind her and when the calls would fall to the sky and beyond she dipped her head and smiled “Congratulations you two… well earned.” she allowed them the moment to venture back to their seats now as a WolfSpirit before she nosed Shukie allowing her to proceed with the next action.
* Kova swung her tail behind her, howling and yipping in joy for the two before she would relax once more. Once she settled she would lean in and nose Kwa`ani and Fianna, welcoming them to the pack’s fold before reclining back and nosing Ayaka softly and listened intently to the next order of business. If Phoenix was near enough for a sniff, she might smell him out?
* Shukie nodded to Atraya while responding quietly, the motion of her head likely sensed in her words, “aye, Alpha”. It would be then she straightened a bit taller this time gazing past the pups and new assessments seeking just one. In fact, she let her gaze drift over them a few times before settling upon Kajika, “Kajika, please come forward” A smile upon her muzzle
* skydancer blinks sleepily as all the howling wakes her up and then jumps to her paws and rushes to join the pack, not that she has far to go
* kamaitachi looked as kajika was called. She would have to speak to him as he seemed to be carrying foe the injured and she needed her ear to stop hurting
* Kwa`ani drew in a slow breath letting it out even slower forgetting she’d already taken a long, indrawn breath. their path was now set upon them. She would follow her sister and sit beside her. “Congrats! sis!” she quietly whispered. She sat in quiet now watching as the meeting continued not expecting Shukie to be chimming in. That trew her off for a bit, quickly settling tho.
* Darth would watch as Kajika was called up by the Beta.
* Kajika blinked for a moment as he was called up but didn’t hesitate to move forward. He would gently nose Kwa or Fia on their way back if he could on their way back before pausing in front of Shukie, Atraya and the rest of the pack after a deep breath and a slight incline in his head before respectfully lowering it in front of the two of them.
* Ayaka would nuzzle both Kwa`ani and Fianna as the two came to settle if they were close enough for her not to make a scene. After a moment she’d return her attention to the stone and Atraya upon it, and Kajika as the brute moved from beside her to walk forward. Curiosity grew within her, even though she had a guess as to the next proceedings. She would watch,wait, and listen
* Fianna could still feel her nerves and adrenaline thrumming within her as she settled back upon on her haunches. Pride for making it this far sang through her as well, and she tilted her head up to look at the sky as it darkened for a moment, before drawing breath and attempting to focus on the next line of business.
* Kova ear spun about as she looked to Shukie and now Kajika. Curious hues would be settled with a ‘light’ glance but now perked even more so as the male was called forward. Her entire body shuttered with excitement now calmed as she would focus on the proceedings.
* Faolan sure would be close enough for a sniff on the wind. Ain’t nothin’ a wolf could do about that, cher. He was, afterall, gettin’ another part of the story for free.
* Shukie waited for a bit giving the pack time to quiet and refocus. “Kajika, you have taken the initiative to try and aid the pack with their injuries and seeing to their well being. There is much you have to learn and much Atraya and I have to teach you among others. For this reason,” she paused to glance at Atraya before continuing. “Not everyone is suited to this calling, some not realizing it until far later in their training.” she was quiet and still for a moment then just continued, “Will you consider taking on the mantle of Caretaker in Training?” Her pause would allow Atraya opportunity to add more should she want too. The male’s position would be fully known by Atraya when he would speak.
* Kova an ear turned towards the whisper of the mountain air and what she had to tell. Interesting. Her nose wiggled this way and that as she picked up Phoenix’s scent. He was close. If anything, ear shot away. She felt her body tense just a little as she turned to look in that direction. Could she see him? Or was it just a smell. There was a moment where she looked away but the proceedings had her look back again to Shukie and Kajika. His presence now in her mind and radar.
* Atraya would give a simple nod to Shukie, indicating she would allow it to proceed and whatever words Shukie offered, would suit well.
* skydancer listens quietly as she takes position in the back her preferred place though judging by kajikas promotion she might not be an option for much longer.. her nose twitches suddenly as the wind carries that cryptic wolfs scent across her nose.
* Kajika would nod as Shukie listed some of his actions and his tail gave a slight wag that he just couldn’t hold back. He was still decently young, now just over 4 years old and that was still plenty of time to both learn as much as he could while also passing on what he knew to others. He glanced around at some of the wolves settled around that he had helped in healing and had even learned a thing or two and he could immediately identify a few that also took an interest in the role. He knew in particular that he had a few things to learn from not only the two of them but others as well. He turned his attention back to Shukie and Atraya before nodding his head in a more affirmative action and he replied in a confident voice. “I will gladly take on the role of being a Caretaker in Training.”
<Faolan> As plain as day, he was just a sittin’ there. Ain’t nothin’ gained in bein’ a creep nah. He’d also be pretty visibly pickin’ out a right stubborn bramble and promptly ‘plantin’ it somewhere outside his fur. Keen ears were trained on the proceedins if nothin’ more than to catch a snippet or two.
* Shukie nodded to Kajika at his words, “You are WolfSpirit, and now known to all as WolfSpirit, Caretaker in Training.” she would be a hard task master from this point on to ensure the brute would come to learn of all the duties required of this rank. “If you should find, at any time, you are not suited for this position or no longer able to carry it on, speak up rather than keep it to yourself.” With a pause she fixed her gaze upon the assembled wolves, “I present to you, Kajika, Careatker in Training of WolfSpirits.” Her gaze fell upon Kajika once again, “You may now introduce yourself as WolfSpirits Caretaker in training.” With ath she would do that tap tap dance beside Atraya, a low toned howl would form and issue to the heavens and beyond.
* Atraya upon Kajika’s approval of the role he was to be given, she smiled and gave a nod. When Shukie made it so, her paw came up to gently stomp on the stone beneath her and she let off a few barking chuffs for Kajika. She was glad to see where he’s come from and where he will go. She felt there was no one better suited then Kajika.
* kamaitachi would let out a chuff. Ignoring the pain. She was happy for kajika and she could soon talk to him after the meeting.
* Ayaka too would find Phoenix’s scent hovering nearby, and when she glanced in the direction it seemed to waft from she’d perhaps glimpse his frame a’pickin at a burr of some sort? He was a unique one to say the least, and she’d keep an ear on him now, though he seemed well mannered as far as she could tell as yet. Turning her hues back to Kajika she would wag at his opportunity, for it was a good one for the pack as well. Caretakers seemed to be in constant demand within the wolfspirits pack. We’re they just gluttons for punishment? She would chuff and yip/howl for the brute as he was promoted!
* Kova ‘s eyes would befall Shukie and Kajika and when it was announced he was to take up a role as a Caretaker in training she couldn’t be happier. She let loose a few barking howls in return for Kajika advancement! When celebrations would simmer down her hues fell to Phoenix who would be watching from a distance. Herm. She nosed Ayaka lightly as if to point in said direction – a sharp eye no doubt kept on him. He seemed harmless and in all honesty, enjoyed the stories shared. Little tid bits of information could be gathered from him. Even if in some small measurement.
* Darth would join the course howl in congratulating Kajika on a further promotion, he had been helped by the brute before, and would be in need of his help still. And he would take care of the role with excellence.
* skydancer lifts her muzzle in a congratulatory howl and only afterward does she turn her head, if only briefly to make sure of the wandering brutes location before shifting her attention back to the meeting.
* Shukie would take a half step back even as she gazed out, a gentle shoulder nudge to Atraya
* Atraya when all the calls of joy would recede to the skies once more she would dip her head upwards to address the pack. She would allow Kajika to take his place once more among the fold. There was no particular place she ‘looked’ but simply ahead. Ahead is where they where going. “Ayaka… please come forward.”
* Kwa`ani lifted her muzzle in congrat’s to Kajika, her tail wagging gently as the meeting continued leaning against her sister slightly just glad Fianna was beside her.
* Kajika couldn’t hold back a smile even as he dipped his head out of respect in receiving the title. He could hear the seriousness in her tones when she addressed his desire to stay in the position and he would heed it should he feel he was not fit for it. He wouldn’t forget to mention the training part when introducing himself moving forward, but maybe that might spark up some conversation between him and whoever he was treating that might also branch off to other subjects. He glanced around for a moment and would take his place back amongst the rest of the pack, his tail flopping against the ground every few moments as he saw Ayaka replace him in the middle of the group.
* Ayaka *replace* might not be quite correct, for Ayaka knew she could not fill the caretaker roll that Kajika now strove to learn and perfect, but as she did move forward she would stand on all fours just below Atraya and lift her muzzle to glance respectfully at the lead fae. “Yes Alphess?” She spoke to a sure Atraya that she had come forward, curious as to the reason.
<Faolan> It was just as he thought before. BÃªte comme tout…dey a crazy bunch. He could see it was a happy occasion, but his wasn’t the place to add a tone to the chorus. Nah, he’d just settle for something particularly peculiar he’d picked up along the way. He’d stamp his paw on the snow-melt laden ground beneath him a few times like someone not quite havin’ picked up on the custom. Two left paws if you will…
* Kwa`ani nudged her sister, “remember when we didn’t know what an assessment was and such and all the names we had for them and what it really meant to be pack… we’ve come a long ways, sister mine.”
* kamaitachi nosed kajika as he padded past “I need your help after” she whispered before looking back and looking to ayaka now
* Kova when all the howls and yips came to an end she would once more become that stoaic fae, ever observant. She tilted her nose to the side some as if to take yet another draught of air but her attention now withdrew from Kajika to Ayaka. She blinked and now, turned a curious gaze to her.
* Atraya waited for Shukie to indicate to her that she had in fact come forward before she proceeded with equally as light tones, yet, there was weight behind them. If only to really convey the emotion of it. “Ayaka you have been a member of WolfSpirits for many many years and throughout your time here you’ve shown nothing but heart, loyalty, true courage and the spirit of one who not only see’s the well being of the pack of the utmost importance, but the well being of ones self. You have offered courage when there was none. You have offered insight when others had faltered to see any. You have wisdom and shared experiences that afford to you a position within the pack that is, and should be recognized beyond a huntress. You have been an active voice and comfort to all here. Ayaka…. this pack needs additional leadership and you’ve shown yourself worthy of such a potential role. Shukie and I would like to have the honor of offering you the position of Delta. To nuture potential leadership. This position is one of high importance and duty. It is to foster the knowledge and ways of leadership. To guide and uphold the ways in more depth then any other. It is to be the right paw of the Beta and Alpha when needed. I ask you now, Ayaka, do you accept this position?” little did Ayaka know that throughout her time in WolfSpirits, even holding a rank or not, she had forged herself into a strong wolf. Her adventures and pack activities had led her to this moment. Her character continues to develop but she had seen within her a great potential. Much as she see’s in Shukie. She would also allow pause for Shukie to add anything she desired to as well.
* Kova could feel the strumming of her heart like the beating of a drum. She was proud. Her chest swelled outwards as her tail could not contain it’s simple yet happy wave. Her eyes often darted to Phoenix and perhaps she caught sight of his ‘paw stamping’. Something familiar to her. Now she had to fight the urge to talk with him, as she retreated her gaze from the story telling male to her sister, Ayaka. This truly was a monumental moment for the pack.
* Shukie again moved beside, only slightly back as she watched Ayaka be called forward, her tail swaying gently, outwardly no more so than normal. When the fae stood before them she simply nodded her head, her expression giving away nothing. After Atraya spoke, she would add her own words, “You took over for me so long ago for what was expected to be only a few days. You saw to the pack, stepped up to lead them while there was no one to lead. The path you walked was such that we found out Alphess and rescued her, almost entirely without input from me in the doing so. I have every faith in you that should you accept this most serious of positions that you shall fill it well.” she paused just a bit, “Should you accept, I shall guide you as needed and expect you to continue to act in my place or Atraya’s should we both be gone to take care of the pack and all it’s needs. Think long and hard and as with Kajika, should you find it does not suit you, speak up for your thoughts on a particular wolf’s rank may not be what is desired by said wolf.” her tones were serious, gentle yet punctuated.
* Ayaka would feel surprise nearly gobsmack her for she hadn’t expected the position of Delta to be offered. She would listen closely to both Atraya and Shukie’s words of offering, closely inspecting her ideals, strengths, and weaknesses as she thought about the path before her. Lifting her head to meet Shukie’s gaze for a moment, then scanning Atraya’s frame she would lower her head in humility and respect. “I am honored by the offer, for I feel I have done no more than I should have. I will gladly accept the role you offer, and I will continue to do as I have done, and as always look for ways to grow. Shukie and Atraya you have long been friends and mentors to me, as well as my leaders, and I look forward to growing and learning even as I step up. ” The words were not adequate, she thought, to put into reality how she felt, yet she was honored all the same.
* Atraya her tail brushed the air slowly before stilling. Words from the heart. That was all she needed to hear. There would be a final firm nod of her head and she rose a paw up “Then, let it be known from this day forward that you may introduce yourself as Ayaka, WolfSpirits Delta! May your path be true, and your spirit truerer.” her paw came down to stomp and she offered forth the winds yet another howl.
* kamaitachi would let out a howl. She hasn’t gotten to know ayaka that well but she was the right wolf for the position. She let out a howl her tail thumping on the ground. Only after a while did she stop and curl het tail again around her paws.
* Kova couldn’t contain the excitement for her sister Ayaka and her advancement! Her tail quickly waved behind her and her front paws came up and down as she ‘danced’ with glee to her new role. She let loose a howl as well.
* Kajika couldn’t agree more with Shukie’s words. He had seen firsthand how Ayaka stepped forward and led the rest of them on their way here. She had kept them together as best as she could but more importantly moving and now seeing her fulfilling the role of Delta was a fitting title for the fae and he let his howl show how much he wanted to see her succeed in her new role as much as he hoped he would.
* Shukie nodded in Atraya’s direction know the fae wouldnot see it and to Ayaka. “You take over a position I once held. There will be much responsiblity placed upon your shoulders, responsibliity I have every faith you shall excell in. I am here to help and guide during this time of transition.” With that her own front paws trampled the stone’s surface and would howl in joyful recognition of all the fae had done for the pack and would, no doubt, continue to do.
* Darth would yip and bark as Ayaka was announced to be a Delta, he had talked to the fae on a number of occasions and knew that her leader skills were very well versed, and that she was a great choice for the position.
* Ayaka would not partake in the howls now sung for her but would nod and bow respectfully to those before her as she thought on the path now set before her. Finally she would turn and take her place back beside Kova, curling her tail near her paws, and glancing down at the key that was there still. She would wait to bring it up, until the time was right. For now.sbe would lean to Nose Kova, her excitement showing some finally as she wagged furiously for a moment.
<Faolan> A quick paw stamp as a matter a courtesy was given to another round a happy and well said notions. He had met a few a these fae’s before and so was not receiving any priveleged information or a free story for his presence. It was nice and all, ain’t no denying that, but he was more accutely aware a the scents that passed his way. Bit a blood; dried…old. Most a scent a wolf, but there was a faint scent a skin like vestige of those doux parfum…sickly sweet but fleeting. It was gone as it was there… Curious, cher
* skydancer ears perk up at that promotion and though surprised by it she can understand why it was offered to ayaka.the fea had proven herself more then once. lifting her head along with the others she let’s her voice ring against the mountain.
* Shukie would call Ayaka back and to take her place to her side beside the stone for as Delta this was her new place in meetings and such, beside herself and the alpha(s). She would await Atraya to continue the meeting once Ayaka took her rightful and earned place as a leader of the pack.
* Kova swung her tail ever so softly behind her and nosed Ayaka. Thoughts of her own role in the pack seemingly washing across her features in thought but would be gone when Ayaka joined her. It was there again…. a tickle. She wiggled her nose this way and that to the smell of a wolf. It was Phoneix but then, not? Another drifted across her senses but before she could even discern who it was …it was gone.
* Atraya when the calls of joy would settle she would dip her head once more to Ayaka, allowing her to take a position closer to the Beta and Alpha. There was much need for them now more then ever and as active as the pack has been, it would be fruitful. She cleared her throat all the while pushing past the occasional throb to her face with all the talking. “I would like to assign the roles now for the plan we discussed earlier. Ayaka… you will choose two wolves to accompany you back to the old territory. I would like a full report of what you find. All the details you can offer. Kajika… I wish you to choose either one or two other’s to join you to head north east. Report back of any food sources you may find. Down to the smallest mole.”
* Ayaka would have just sat down when she would be called back to sit in a new position, one that she took with the seriousness which it deserved, and she would settle there, with the key, to watch the rest of the proceedings. When Atraya assigned her roles, she would nod, then speak her acceptance. “Of course Alphess.” The journey would likely be a quicker one than had their initial journey, yet all the same it would be a fairly long undertaking. She would do it gladly, as well for the chance to.see their old homeland once more before bidding it farewell.for a time.
* Kajika toned down the excitement and celebrations to listen to Atraya’s instructions for him and Ayaka. Since he would only be taking one, maybe two, he would give a slight nod to her indicating that she could pick first, and probably the more able-bodied wolves among them if she could. He wouldn’t be hunting since his instructions were only to report back anything that he found, so he could possibly pick even an injured wolf and travel at a slower pace if need be. Really quickly he did just glance around to see who all was there and who was around the area if not here at this very moment.
* Atraya wouldn’t be blind to the smell and scents thereon the wind. Her nose tipped up and Phoenix’s scent would be among them. She gave but a ‘tip’ of her nose in his direction and if he happened to catch sight, he would know that she was aware of his presence. Who, however, did -that- scent belong? It came and went like a fleeting fish from a diving Osprey. She flicked an ear once before turning ‘ahead’. She awaited them to choose their party members. She needed to know who was going and who stayed.
* skydancer ears perk up so fast at the mention of not one but two scouting trips that she almost sprains something. both sounding good for their own reason. the chance to go back to see the packlands again perhapseven talk to her old friend or a trip into the unknown also very compelling.
* Shukie nodded at Atraya’s selection of Ayaka to return for the fae knew the way and would have the quickest time of it. “Aya, I recommend not marking the main territory but looking it over, and only leaving very strong markers and paw scratchings and the like to guiede any that might come after your visit, especially should it be Faolan or Rook that returns that they can inf fact find us all easily.” she was ever hopefull the the duo’s return yet hope was all she had for now.
* Shukie would again step forward, “I have a few things to pass on.” She would wait til she had everyone’s attention which would also afford the two tasked with duties to ponder who to select. She looked to Atraya then back to the pack. “Our alpha is without sight, something we all must strive to help her ‘see’ by being very articulate in any and everything until she comes into her own. She is now and still remains our only Alpha. When approaching speak don’t just nod, make your presence known. We are All her eyes now. Soon her other senses will grow stronger in compensation and we must do all we can to aid her during this time.” her tones carried the seriousness of what she now required. “It will take everyone time to adjust. Strangers are not to be afforded the knowledge of her blindness for that would be a weakness others see to challenge.”
* Atraya an ear turned to Shukie’s added statement. There would be no emotional expression from her for it was all felt within. Like the stoking of a red hot fire, constantly lapping at her inner self, she would keep it at bay. Like a skilled blacksmith never letting the embers spell. No…she couldn’t. There would be a given nod and a tail wave of appreciation for the shared sentiment. “Thank you all for being patient.”she added, allowing Kajika and Ayaka more time.
* kamaitachi looked to shukie and nodded. She would help her alpha anytime she needed it.
* Shukie saw kamaitachi’s nod, ” kamaitachi, Atraya cannot see your nod, only I can. Soon tho, she will likely see much no of us can, an added strength.” And would await the fae to respond appropriately, otherwise she remained beside Atraya, “Want I should take one or two that remain and see about prey that might be lingering nearby?” She too had caught scent of the stranger she had not met, seeking his frame in the distance doubting he was visible now, but who knows. To Atraya, “I have yet to meet this ‘story teller, what of him. I recognize his scent. from the other day.”
* kamaitachi looked to shukie “oops sorry, alpha atraya I will be your eyes whenever you need them.” This would take a little to get used to but it was already setting in
<Faolan> Nah, that scent wasn’t anything he brought or recognized save for the familiarity of it to his own story. There was somethin’a human make beyond the hewn stone n’ that was a story he was ripe to hear. Best keep it together, cher. They keep on lookin’ dis way like I a hungry guest at a small dinner.
* Ayaka would have lingered in her choice only because it was a long journey, and she would not want to have it stall, and would avoid what problems she could by being wise, now. Finally though she would rise and nod to Shukie. ” Good idea, thank you.” She offered, then, she would scan those around her, and her gaze found Kova. The recent bear fight had taken alot out of her spirit sister, and though the fae had been her first thought, she would perhaps hope to let any muscles or other things that may have been injured, have a little more time heal. “Darth and Kwa`ani will be my choice for the journey back.” She would offer. Then look to Kajika, “unless you have reasons for needing one of them with you?”
* Atraya shifted her paws beneath her quietly before nodding to Shukie “That will work just as fine.” should Kajika and Ayaka find more suitable pairs to go on said adventures and tasks. She did think on Kajika and his ‘herb’ collection. No doubt a good idea to restock with even as little as he could physically carry back with. She nudged Shukie lightly when she asked of the male. “He is a wanderer of sorts. He requires a story for a story. The ones he’s given have offered insight and information… I think he might have an idea of where either Rook or maybe Faolan reside. I’m not sure just yet…” her tones low and a whisper. When Ayaka offered up to those she’d take, she dipped her head. She would await Kajika’s response in kind.
* Kwa`ani had not spent much time with anyone over the last long while aside from blabber mouth. The term was now an affectionate one of respect and admiration for all the teaching given to her. She lowered her head at mention of her mum’s loss of sight then again lifted it almost right away. As Ayaka selected her to return she would respond, “Yes, My Delta. I would be glad to accompany you and help guide any straglers back.” SHe really hoped Ayaka didn’t fall off any cliffs into wild rapids and lose her memory too. “Just don’t go near any cliff edges. Please.” her tones were in jest yet serious too. “When would you like to head out?”
* Kajika kept one ear on the conversation, nodding thoughtfully at their words of caution for keeping their secret… well a secret for a long as they could. As Ayaka selected the two that she would be traveling with, he made his selection on the basis that he would only be scouting and coming back, a much shorter distance but also one that he was not familar with. “And I will be taking Skydancer and Nightshade with me,” he stated. He would make brief eye contact with Sky to let her know that she would be going to be expanding their knowledge on the territory around them as it was while Ayaka and her group returned to the Pack’s previous territory. Even if it was one unbeknownst to them, he felt assured that together, they would navigate their way around safely and possibly discover a few things aside from the fauna that lived here. At Kwa`ani’s question of when they would be heading back, he would listen up to hear the response since he knew that some would likely need to get some rest before then.
* Ayaka would answer her question, after she listened to Kajika to select his own group, nodding to Kwa`ani as she did so. “I would like a day or two to consider the best path back, as well perhaps to find something to eat before we go, as we don’t know what we will find along the way. We will look to depart the day after tomorrow if all goes well, if not, the following day.”
* Kova would swing her tail when Ayaka looked upon her and when her name wasn’t called forth she simply gave a nod of understanding. Despite the desire and need to fulfill a part in all of this, she would know her own place within the pack and offered herself as such. Whatever any of them needed she would do and be there for. Seeing as her name was not called she heard “buzz”, well, more like heard it in her head. The scent nagged her. Nagged her something fierce to the point she could no longer ignore it. All the same as she couldn’t ignore a fly buzzing right in her ear drum. She politely and quietly excused herself from the gathered and would retreat just behind the ruins. The voices of the others in the meeting still carried to her off the stone walls so she didn’t miss the meeting or it’s importance. Quick where her paws as she aimed to close the distance between herself and Phoenix. A chuff was made to announce herself. “A nice spot to view, is it not?”
* Atraya gave a nod to the pair “Your party has been chosen. If you change your mind, please let either I or Shukie know before you head out.” she said in lightened tones before addressing the rest of the pack. “Is there anything else anyone desires to bring up at this meeting before it is called?”
* skydancer sits quietly then makes a soft noose agreement to sukies words. ‘no need to brandy it about.” she says though how such a thing can be hidden for very long is a mystery to her but maybe the beta has some ideas. as ayaka makes her choice her attention she is careful to maintain a calm appearance simply shifting her attention to kajika as he speaks up then dips her muzzle in quiet acceptance.
* kamaitachi froze a moment “alpha, I’m nervous to say this, but I was hoping I would rank up with my brother. Is there anything I need to work on to become an assessment?” She would lower her frame in respect though she could not see her do so
<Faolan> Bonjour, cher he called to Kova when she was near enough to hear it and for it not to be so much of a distraction to the other chatter. It’s a spot as any else. I see n hear a story; get a promise a few others. The plans a who stays and who goes was no matter to him. The players changed, but the story wound on. That said, he was happy for a spot a company I take it you and yo’ kin are stayin’ a spell? Fine enough, but the winters up here are somethin’ brutal.
* Atraya ‘s face turned in the direction of a voice and question. An ear flicked to the sound of kamaitachi. “To become an assessment requires the presence of a pledge. Perhaps by the call of next meeting, I will scent you more among the gathered so that assessment can be acheived.” her tail remained still. There wasn’t more she could say on it. Those to whom placed well tracks among the pack and home would find their paths continue upon that trail to the pack as home.
* Ayaka would pause, awaiting kamaitachi’s question to be answered before speaking up as well. “Alphess, beta. I still have the unused key we found within the caverns, do you have any instruction regarding it? Any idea what we should do with it?”
* Atraya shifted her head to ‘look’ where Ayaka was. She hummmed quietly before looking ahead of her again. “I ask that you leave it here with Shukie. We will take care of it while you are away and perhaps even still, find it’s use.”
* kamaitachi looked to her “I understand. I thought I was well know for going on this journey. I will try to make my presence known more” though how much more she didn’t know
* Kova would give a quiet nod of her head to his words “We are. For a spell..” she turned to look from the gathered to Phoenix for a moment. What scents did he harbor? If any she would try and pick up on them before returning her gaze back to the gathered just a stones throw away. “I wonder how many stories we’ll get from all that is shared tonight?”
* Darth â€˜s heart would sink as he heard his sister would not be promoted, he whined a bit in sadness; and would approach to nuzzle her if she were to return.
* Shukie spoke, she fell quiet after indicating she had nothing to add for the time being. At her sisters departure she whispered to Atraya, “Kova seems to be off about something. Perhaps, Phoenix?” At kamaitachi’s request her fur bristled to hear one request rank. She said nothing as Atraya addressed the fae, she herself have few insights or sights of the fae. “When the Alpha’s or I feel one is ready to advance we will make it known. This is a time to prove yourself of true desire to become a WolfSpirit other than for your brother’s sake.” To Atraya, a gentle nudge of her shoulder, “Prepare for what is to come, take nothing for granted, even the smallest thing might be what makes the difference. Let us close the meeting.” Awaiting Atraya’s final closing call.
* Ayaka would dip her head to the answer from Atraya and took that moment to deposit the key at Shukie’s paws before returning to her own place beside the stone. She would await what any other’s had to say, all the while taking note of Kova as she moved off. Had she offended her sister in not choosing her? She worried some at that and would seek to speak with her soon.
* Fianna would have been listening attentively to all that had been said and discussed, to the alotted roles, and as her sister was chosen for the journey back, she would nose Kwa`ani, sorry that the fae would leave her again do soon, yet such parting seemed to be fated for the pair. Still, she would do her best for the pack.while she remained behind. “I will keep a close watch over mama. And take care to be here for her.” She assured the fae as the meeting concluded.
* Darth would, at the end of the meeting approach towards the new Delta Ayaka and chuff to her as he approached.
* Atraya would brush her nose along Shukie’s fur ever so gently as she responded in kind to kamaitachi. She seemed to give kamaitachi a gentle nod in return before she looked out towards Ayaka and then the rest. She would gently stomp her paw “This concludes tonights meeting. We will have another soon. Please be ready for I will be calling on those who are to stay behind for various tasks.” she took into account the absence of another to talk to said wolf and gave no mention nor nod of it just yet. She simply took the observation as it was given.