September 14th, 2023
- Rook announces a tournament soon
- Rook announces a lore night soon
- Kova reminds wolves to set LOA’s
- Ophaelos gives a scouting report on the new areas and is tasked to remark a new scouting boundary
- Raine joins as a pledge
Cairdeas, Ceol, Raine, Maeve, Leora
Pack Meeting Begins
* Kova the fae would have made her way from the northern trees to the other edge of the pack’s hold. The clearing wasn’t far now and it wouldn’t take her long to reach the open expanse. A few more moments would pass and out into the open she’d come. Her stride was light but warry. Tired, perhaps? All the same an eagerness in her heart would flutter for she was hoping to call a meeting. Yes, a gathering always did the heart light. Upon her observation, she’d make note of any and all within until her strides took her to the Alpha’s stone. Upon it’s base she would rise and up to the end she’d go. A breath taken in, then a howl offered in song.
*Ophaelos Quiet paws would carry him through the forest and to a particularly interesting little clearing within. Oddly and seemingly purposefully placed branches and stones were neatly jumbled across the clearing as Ophaelos meanders through it, silvern eyes shifting from each part of this… was this an obstacle course? How peculiar—Leora’s scent seemed to teem strongly in this area. Was this her favorite little hide-out to retreat to the same way the snow wolf retreats to his knoll in the Sweet Valley? He would soon bypass this area and continue to the clearing, picking his pace up from an amble and into a slow lope once Kova’s familiar howl rippled his way.
* Vesper would rise from her resting place next to the riverbank and take another look into its depths, pondering a catch for the cache before a song would greet her ears, and up she’d go, tawny paws carrying her back to the Alpha stone as she barked cheerfully. What news would the Alphess have to tell?
* Kova as she’d make note of each wolf’s presence, she’d dip her head and smile lightly. “Well met, wolves of WolfSpirits.” she smiled keenly and softly. “Thank you for heeding my call and a gathering for a meeting.” she shifted her paws lightly beneath her.
* Fianna Fianna would move across the river, her pelt getting soaked to the belly fur as she splashed across and shook on the far side, her gaze finding others as they moved in to heed the call. Pushing forward she’d chuff to Ophaelos as they headed to the alpha stone. Her brother might be spotted as well from the southern end and she’d feel her tail.sway brightly. Quietly she would move to settle within the shade of the alpha stone, perking and curious to what her spirit sister would offer in the meeting.
* Cairdeas listened intently. His cape was still secured to his nape for now. His tail swished gently.
* Raine She’d listen closely to hear what the alpha had to say. At the mention of change of season, she would swish her tail, she kinda liked the cold since she could roll around in the snow! But she also felt like winter had just been yesterday. She shook off her thoughts and pricked her ears to hear more closely at what she had to say.
* Kova silvery light amber hues fell upon her court with endearment. She always held it for him, of course, but when he spoke of what was to come she couldn’t help but feel her chest rumble with pride. A fine idea, indeed. She gruuued and smiled. “Eager and ready I think we all are. I am sure the course will prove to be useful as well” she looked to where the pups might be before turning to her court and smiling. “I look forward to those who will participate!”
* Calder his eyes fell to Rook and when he announced the events soon to come with the transition in season, he grinned. His eyes scanned quietly to the others about. He wondered if perhaps he’d finally get to sparr with Grim? He grinned once more at the thought before turning now to the other wolves gathered then back to Kova. He was ready indeed.
* Kova as each wolf would express their excitement and eagerness for the events to come, she grinned and stomped her paw softly. “I look forward to it.” she said before turning now to the other wolves gathered. “Before I continue, I would open the floor to any who desire to come up and speak.” she noted Raine among the gathered, a fairly newer wolf whom she hadn’t had a chance to spend as much time with lately.
* Rook would move to sit back once more and watch as the rest of the pack meeting went on. He wondered if the new wolf would ask to pledge or, as with a few others, wait and watch a month or two more. His thoughts also dwelled on when to next have a Lore Night, and to that he’d speak on “Yes, one more thing. We should have a Lore Night. Perhaps in a couple week’s time and then another next month.”
* Vesper ears would prick at the mention of a Lore Night… she had a tale to offer, should she be allowed… she’d seek her stone, later—surely it was still at the den where Cairdeas had guarded it? She’d have to thank the pup later, for keeping her treasure safe.
* Kova well aware of Ophaelos’ presence she to was eager to hear what her scout in training might’ve found on his ventures. She turned an ear to the sound of her court’s lore night announcement and she smiled. “Aye, agreed.” she turned to address the others. “I invite all to share should you desire to. I am sure from now until then, we can find a story to share.” she grinned then looked back to the other gathered and it was here her hues fell to the new fae, Raine once more. She recalled her conversation of invitation to want to find a home, but, she’d leave the moment to her to request if she desired. For now, her hues fell to Ophaelos and perhaps as if reading his mind she’d chuff to him. “Scout in training… come forward and share your report.”
* Ophaelos “I concur,” Ophaelos would say quietly. A lore night was much needed, just as these autumn events lined up were. How long had it been since the last lore night? Several months, he would reckon. When that would be all that Rook would offer, and Raine would seemingly pass up the opportunity to pledge herself to the pack, Ophaelos would begin his own boon of news once Kova called him forth. Dipping his head at the alpha fae, he would pause a respectful distance away from the stone before turning to meet everyone’s gaze, his tone solemn once he began his oration. “Much has happened to the territory in such a short time, I am unsure where to begin,” he would say. “To the south of this clearing, beyond the forest, lies a ravine that has seemingly ruptured from the earth’s surface. A large river courses through this new canyon, and so far, all seems safe within. The currents are strong, but surely a great spot for fishing,” he’d muse. “Through this canyon will bring one the sights of new rivers and much for the gander. The beloved scouting trails in this area, namely the trails that winded closer to the lake, are no longer present. New trails must still be scouted and forged, so be mindful when traveling, for getting lost may happen. I have left scent markers along the canyon and the land as it widened for everyone to use to help orient themselves in spots that seemed best for the new trails,” he says. His eyes would turn to Fianna when he offered his next news. “I found the recent tracks left behind by a pair of foxes by the lake during my travels. I am unsure where they are off to now, but it may be worth investigating later. The lake itself is also wider and larger, perhaps to accommodate the plethora of new rivers feeding from its source.” Ophaelos would continue once his report to Fianna had concluded, but would give those in the meeting time to simmer on the news brought forth so far. He had more to share. (OOC: Will post a follow-up message to this to prevent eye strain from too much text!) *ೃ༄
* Kova as Ophaelos would approach she dipped her head to him before perking her ears with great intent on hearing what he had to say. She hadn’t had the chance to connect with him for the scouting report and upon the unveiling of it all she sighed with contentment. Her tail swished, swung and a glance looked in Fianna’s direction then to Rook’s. A moment more then she’d be looking back to Ophaelos. “A fine and detailed report, Ophaelos, thank you! Do take care each of you, for I myself am re-learning as well. Speaking of new areas, while you where in the south west, I found a new flowing river to the east. It’s much larger than before and now falls from a terrace as well into the hunting grounds.” She turned a moment to the others then to Ophaelos she looked. “As part of your continued task in observation, I give you the opportunity to carve out a new scouting trail, so do so as you wish..”
* Ophaelos would nod to Kova’s notion. He had the say, it would seem? Oh, the possibilities… he’d try and prevent his mind from wandering as to stay on topic, and so he would continue. “After visiting the lake, I made the journey into the north where the scout trail seemed to still adhere to. My next stop was at the Fountain of Passing, and there is much to share there as well,” he informs. “Three new rivers pour from the Fountain of Passing, feeding into the main river that runs from the Great Crossing. If one follows these three brooks, they will be brought to something quite beautiful. A new spring, full of warm water, has formed a secluded oasis in the north. Steam rises from these calderas, a perfectly warm temperature for a wolf to bask in without injury or discomfort. The water is salty, however, so I do not recommend drinking it, for I am unsure if ingesting it is safe… but the area itself is beautiful and serene, almost ethereal. For those capable of making the journey up there, I highly recommend paying a visit to see it for yourselves. If any of you have visited the Hidden Falls, it is much like that—except even more magnificent, if you could imagine such a thing,” he says, offering a smile as he reimagines the oasis in his mind.
* Kova when the fae would approach and offered her words of pledge she would dip her nose and stand once more. “I hear your request, Raine, and see you stand before the pack now with it.” she would momentarily gaze to the members then back to the fae. “I hear it, and, I would grant your request. Your journey in joining WolfSpirits begins now by my blessing of naming you a pledge to the pack. This is your time to know your heart and to feel your paws true, and ensure that this is your place and where you desire to be. Use this time to know the others, grow closer to the pack and to the home you wish to call home.” She dipped her nose and stomped her paw. “I welcome you, Raine, pledge of WolfSpirits.”
* Cairdeas was being lulled back to sleep by all the excitement and talking. It was much like a hypnotizing lullaby though some may have been important. He merely seemed to lay there next to Fianna, Calder and Rook if all were still there and welcomed his shadow worlds embrace.
* Ophaelos would have reclaimed his previous seat in the grass once his report was done, his eyes turning toward Raine when she approached the stone. Had she finally garnered enough confidence to pledge? The snow wolf would watch her carefully before offering a firm stomp on the ground in celebration of their newest pledge and, hopefully, a new member. The pack thins in ranks lately, and with that, thins in helping paws when it comes to food and scouting. Even Ophaelos had begun to be scarce lately, something he would be adamant about correcting soon. Perhaps the autumn tournaments would give him such an opportunity, but thou shall see once those events come to fruition.
* Rook The newcomer would approach and ask as many had before her. The answer would be the same, but a shared preface to another story did not mean the ensuing tale would be the same. On the contrary, this one’s tale might be quite different. When the question was asked and answered, he too would stamp his paw to the earth below in recognition of a newly named pledge.
* Fianna Lead guardian as she was Fianna would watch Rain closely as she made her request, weighing the fae’s demeanor and tones if not more so than the words spoken. She would seek to meet the fae herself in the coming days, to greet her and know her better. It was good to see the pack growing, but always a small part of Fianna would remain reserved with newcomers, the depths of her affections and trust held until full measure was earned. For now, she would feel her tail sway with eagerness for the fae’s new journey.
* Kova she moved her hues to the sky a moment if only to gauge the moon’s position or the stars before looking to the others. Aware of the time and the hours passing, she turned once more to the rest. She shifted her silvery hued gaze to her court a moment. A long, lingering gaze perhaps would befall his figure before she looked back to the others. “Thank you to each of you for attending and heeding this call and gathering. I will happily conclude tonights meeting.” she stomped her paw softly. “Rest well, for soon I shall call a hunt.”