May 2nd, 2023
- Kova offers a friendly reminder for those seeking to join to connect with their mentors
- Kova discusses the plan to send a scout north before they exact rule over the northern wolves who attacked months ago
- A new art page is underconstruction
- Grimwolf pledges to WolfSpirits
Leora Grimwolf Shukie Maikoh
Pack Meeting Begins
* Kova another swift but fond brush of her frame to Rook’s was given before she would press forward and to the Alpha’s stone. She’d observe as well all the wolves now present. A quiet, humble dip of her head was given as she would reach the base, and there rise up to it’s surface and stand at the edge.
Once she was there, she’d lift her muzzle and howl for a gathering. The meeting to be harold and those present, to come forward.
* Salem followed his usual route on his way back to the Clearing picking up that he wasn’t the only one to approach it from this direction. He was nearly there by the time he could pick up on the scents of other wolves that were still lingering. Present even. He would quicken his pace until he could make out the break in the trees where he slowed only to scan who all was there though his nose already gave it away and the job of his eyes were only to confirm it. His tail wagged to see them all though mixed in with the ones he knew, there were also a few he didn’t but the mix of them all wouldn’t be alarming. There were just some wolves he hadn’t met yet but that meant that he had those to meet, and out of one or two of them, he could recall seeing the wolves themselves at a closer distance, the distance he now sought to close with a chuff once he was close enough. It was just after the howl resounded and he noticed Kova on top of the Alpha Rock and diverted his path in that direction but wouldn’t be the first to arrive.
* Sanek was at the Lake of Solace, drinking from a hole he had punctured through the ice. The cold water helped him feel more awake, as he had woken up not too long ago. Having quenched his thirst, he offered a gaze skyward, then turned and started making his way back to the Clearing. Kova’s howl echoed through the forest just as he did so. A meeting? Maybe this time he wouldn’t be late! He started sprinting through the woods, narrowly avoiding trees as he ran.
* Ophaelos .ೃ࿐ “No worries, I am just glad to see you both in good health,” Ophaelos simpers. At Fern’s response, he’d hum, his smile loosening perhaps with sympathy. “You will find comfort in the fact that Shakira said that a hunt will be soon, however, that was days ago, so I am unsure just how close the hunt may be,” he tells her. “If I knew you were going to be nosing around yesterday, I would have saved my energy and taken you on my hunt with me yesterday. I managed to hunt a pheasant, and before that, I was able to secure an otter too. The latter, however, was a lot more challenging,” he admits, a rare image of sheepishness present in his eyes if only for a split second. As Grimolf approaches, he would glance toward Fern momentarily to gauge her reaction, but would otherwise sit firmly beside her. Luckily, for her sake, it would seem that Ophaelos’ body was between her and the brute, so he’d hoped that would bring her some sort of comfort. Regardless, a welcoming simper would come across Ophaelos’ face, though his tone was solemn as usual. “Good evening, Grimolf. How have you been? Have you been eating well?” Ophaelos questions, his eyes briefly swaying across the brute’s chest to see if he had filled it out. Considering his lack of rank, he hadn’t been invited on any hunts with the pack but hoped he had been finding some sustenance in the meantime. As Kova calls for a meeting, his gaze would sway among the three wolves. As he gets to his paws, his eyes would land on Grimolf once more. “A meeting is afoot. You are welcomed to sit with us to attend, Grimolf,” he says, his tail swaying momentarily as he looks across the land to the stone. “Are you considering pledging tonight?” *ೃ༄
* Leora her tail swung happily behind her as she would pace herself quickly to greet Lou with a fond nuzzle. “Hi, Lou!” she said before she made note of the others who started to appear, but then a howl drew her attention entirely. Kova was at the stone, and called a gathering. “Oh!” she’d scamper to nose Lou again before seating herself.
*CwnAnnwn Silver male noted the small groups of wolves that gathered together near the alpha rock. As he neared the small groups, he noted the arrival of Kova and Rook and watched as the alpha fae climbed the alpha rock and issued her call for a gathering. With the call made, he would find a spot to settle upon his haunches close to the others, leaving space for his mate should she make a late appearance. He watched how the others reacted with on another as he awaited the meeting to begin.
Maikoh — He opened his eyes slowly, feeling the softness of the patch of grass beneath his shaggy body. He inhaled deeply and smelt the rich aroma of meat from the hare he killed the other day. He licked his chops and grinned, remembering how he chased and caught the prey with his sharp claws and teeth. He heard a loud howl from the direction of the clearing. He recognized it as Kova, calling for something. He wondered what was going on. Was there a new threat? A big hunt? A special celebration? He got up and shook off the snow and leaves from his pelt, then trotted towards the clearing with excitement. It would not be long before he entered the clearing and sat his haunches down just close enough to the stone to hear what the alphess was saying.
* Rook 📖 would accompany Kova as far as the stone before he nosed at her and moved to take his place alongside CwnAnnwn. If one such side was obviously favored for the Lorekeeper of herbs, then he’d be keen to chose that which wasn’t. He’d note the others within the clearing and near the stone, Grim especially. A quiet and respectful dip of his nose would be given to Cwn before he too put his attention to the meeting.
* Fern would look the pitch black brute up and down for a moment while Ophaelos spoke to him, but she did notice he seemed to be trying his hardest to seem friendly, so she would over a quick sway of her tail to that. Though, there was not too much time to chit-chat it seemed as the strong call of a meeting rang in her ears. Quickly picking herself up from her sat position, she would rub her golden frame against Ophaelosâ€™s once more for comfort as she began making her way closer to the Alpha Stoneâ€™s foot which they were not quite at as of yet.
* Saskia nodded in regards to Fernâ€™s statement about Rookâ€™s father. Her gaze turned towards the others entering the clearing and she would offer each one a smile. A deeper smile would be given to Loumacy, however. She turned back towards Ophaelos as he greeted Grimolf, and she was quite proud to watch him invite the scarred brute to their sideâ€™s during the gathering, which had just been called by Kova. Saskia would waste no time, and would stand to approach the stone in the center of the clearing. Sheâ€™d seat herself slowly near itâ€™s flare and glance to her left and right, her gaze settled on Cwn. She didnâ€™t see Rune attached to his side, and would frown. Where was the caretaker? With that thought in mind, she looked around for the black brute she knew as her heart. He was also missing in attendance. She hadnâ€™t seen him in some time and was beginning to worry about his well-being. Not being able to jump from one appearance of wolf to another, Saskia would hold a disciplined gaze upon Kova as she ascended the stone. She would be seated near Ophaelos and Fern, but also keep her ear swiveled for Lou should she decide to join them. The clearing was teeming with life and activity!
*Kova As the other wolves began to gather after the call for the meeting to take place, she would have shifted her paws beneath her and seated upon the Alpha’s stone. Luckily the day was a little warmer, so was the stone beneath her pads – a quiet relief to her wandering paws as of late. She would offer a bow of her head and a swing of her tail as she began. “Thank you to all who have heeded the call for tonight’s meeting.” she took in the scents therein, and made note of who was present before she’d continue. “I would like to begin with a few points in which to discuss as a whole.” she turned to those present. “Each wolf’s journey to our land is as unique in their own path, as it is to the one joining our fold.” she’d cast her eyes upon each wolf present, but mostly the members. “Ensure that you connect with your mentoree’s, and to share in that journey as well wisdom. Should you need guidance know I am here as well to help offer a page or two.” she gave a smile. “Questions can be asked, always.” she’d add now gazing to any of the Assessments present before looking back to the gathered. Waiting should there be any questions or tones to be offered.
<Sanek> sped into the Clearing and slowed only when he was halfway to the Alpha Rock so as to not distract those gathered in case the meeting had already started. He wagged his tail and sat a bit closer to the Rock than usual so that he could see what was happening better. He was panting hard from the quick run.
*Leora she would go big eyed to at all the wolves coming in! So many, she thought just as Saskia had. She saw Sanek emerge into the clearing from the woods and her eyes would light a little brighter. Her tail waved swiftly behind her as she dared to leap in his direction but decorum. She would hear Kova begin to speak and now, she’d listen.
* Loumacy settled near Saskia but not next to, rather her body gave space for Salem to join her if he so desired. Though she did dip her nose in greet at Ophaelos and Fern before turning her attention to Great Alpha Kova. Thunk thunk thunk went her tail against the earth. Not meaning to make noise, just happy go lucky as she listened to what had to be said. Granted she hadn’t seen her mentor in a while, not sense that incident with Calder, come to think of it where was the brute. Her amber hues began to scan the shadows, wearily. There was worry in her brow.
* Grimolfâ€™s expression harden at the sight of Ophaelos shielding Fern away from him, it deeply upset him that sheâ€™d held such a distrust for the brute despite his best efforts at trying to redeem himself. Lucky for him, Ophaelos replied with his own greeting and some questions ? â€˜ Evening . â€˜ The bruteâ€™s attention shifted onto him . â€˜ Just enough to get myself here and there. â€˜ That last question regarding food ; Grimolf expected knowing that he had been living off the small game in the territory for some time now . Both of his ears perked up at Kovaâ€™s howl turning his head towards the Rock . â€˜ Perhaps . . â€˜ he muttered softly falling suit with the rest of the group, as they made their way over to the meeting, leaving the group to find his own spot at their arrival .
* Calder nestled just within the northern tree line , very close to the ancient forest, the shadowy figure of Calder would be just there. He had heard the call, risen himself and moved as close as his nerves would allow. Perhaps one ear constantly turned to the forest, while another forward to hear the words of what unfolded with the meeting.
*Cwn He perked as Rook moved to his right side and settled, he gave a respectful bow of his head to the Master of Lore before turning his attention the Kova as she spoke. He had noted that his mentoree was still missing and he found himself wondering if for the second time the wolf he was to mentor had a change of heart and found another path. He glanced to the others as Kova offered an opportunity for questions.
* Salem looked up as Kova spoke and to the mentorees he could make a note that among them he could pick out his and gave a short nod if only to himself but could also be taken as a nod of acknowledgement to who it was. Seeing an almost row of wolves in front of the rock, Salem found a spot on the other side of Loumacy and gave her a silent nudge in greeting and a short nod to Coneward as well. His attention then would turn to Kova as she directed the rest of the meeting.
* Loumacy’s gaze halted on the strange wolf that eyed Fern. Her ears perked forward back, laid down and stood up, and soon she followed suite decided to slip away from the stranger and seek comfort from others, but who and where? Just then Calder stepped out out of the forest and Loumacy gave forth a whine, but lucky Salem was there to nudge her in greet and soon she settled back down with her head between her paws looking up to the rock, trying to make herself small…or bush like. The later was more manageable.
* Kova as all had fallen silent for a moment more, she’d continue. “Our next item to discuss is the north.” her hues momentarily broke to cast her gaze behind her, to the Rogha’s, before looking back to the gathered. Her body language and vocalization would indicate well her intent and fire. “I’ve begun to conjure a plan. We wait no longer for the shadows to collect, gather, and plot. We wait no more for them to harled whatever ill will they wish to seek out to it’s fullest. We wait no more… but we must be careful. Thoughtful.” she’d exude confidence and strength in hopes to lend it to those who where unsure. “Winters grip will soon be released and the rivers and creeks swollen. Without the snows in the valley below, it’ll be easier for us to traverse, but the snow will no doubt still be clinging to the Rogha’s and beyond. I will send out a wolf to scout ahead, beyond our usual territory, to report back on what they find.” she’d cast her eyes once more to the gathered before shifting her weight. If she saw Sanek among the crowd, she’d give him a knowing nod. She’d much to discuss but would have to wait until afterward. “Once we know their position, if it’s given, then we will move to follow. However… ” her tones drifted carefully. “Timing will need to be carefully constructed. Our Lead Guardian will be tending to her new family soon, and she will not be alone.”
Ophaelos .à³ƒà¿ “I shall hope you do,” Ophaelos tells him, his voice quieting slightly as the meeting begins to commence. He’d give him a final lasting look, solemn and perceptive, before he says, “You have grown resilient skin. I am eager to watch it soften the more you grow here, as many of us have.” An earnest dip of his head would be given to the brute before Ophaelos takes a seat at the rock, comfortable among his friends, the pack, and the strange faces that may gather, too. As he listens to Kova speak and offer her tongue, Ophaelos would think for a moment, quiet for the time being. He had some questions, but a glance toward Saskia would be thrown gently, if not unnoticeably, her way. All seemed silent for now as Ophaelos listened closely to Kova’s wisdom, and the plans to come. At the mention of a single wolf sent to scout, a pricking sensation on the back of his nape would ensue, in hopes things go smoothly for whoever is picked for such a task. A part of him was envious, however, that they’d be able to travel so far… returning, of course, but to travel… it was one of few things Ophaelos was ever happy and content doing. *à³ƒà¼„
* Maikoh: He felt a surge of adrenaline and curiosity as the alphess spoke, never hearing the word “Rogha’s”. He tilted his head slightly, but he kept quiet and remained as polite as he could. He would like to see the land and what would lie beyond it, as he loved adventures. But he wasnt sure, as he was just a Newcomer to the pack.
* Leora she’d dance her gaze from a few wolves back to Kova, listening. When the next item was discussed she’d feel a hard pit in her stomach. Her paws would pull further into the snows as she wrapped her tail around her slowly. A low breath escaped her, not a whine, but a concerned vocalization. A fear… ? Then her mind fell to her sister and what was to come. Soon, maybe? She did look rather round but she knew nothing of such things, or the time of it all.
* Sanek he offered a glance to Leora and dipped his head to her with a smile. His heart had stopped pounding as hard by now and he could fully focus on what Kova was saying. She gave him a nod and he ran back her last few sentences in his head, intrigued. He had thought much about the enemy yesterday and was glad that Kova was taking a more active approach in stopping them.
* Grimolf stood in front of the Alpha’s stone, he spoke firm pledging his true allegiance to the Wolf Spirit’s pack remaining bowed in front of the stone, it was a crude display from where she stood, but still warranted respect for the Alphaess . Grimolf felt his gaze soften hearing her words and the way of the creed . He dared not speak until she finished speaking . ‘ You honour me . ‘ For the first time in a long time, Grimolf’s voice sounded — sincere ? It had finally paid off even with the heart-ships. Although, he couldn’t hear Saskia form where he stood Grimolf noticed that same expression from the last meeting, she was definitely proud of him . The newly pledged Grimolf would step away from the stone returning into the crowd of wolves .