September 12th, 2022
- Hunting schedule put into place
- Hunter will track a meal
- The next day the pack will hunt (Fridays)
- The pack’s discord server will be open to the public!
- Salem returns as a Pledge
Sara Daithi Leora
Pack Meeting Begins
* Kova as the wind would kick up the smell and scent of the grey clouds overhead, she would wiggle her nose about to take in what scents where to be found along the path back to the clearing. After returning from the hunting grounds with Salem and Leora following behind, no doubt, she would make to close the distance to the Alpha’s stone. It’s familiar shape and scent drew grander as she got ..
<Kova> .. closer. Now at the base she hopped up and walked to it’s edge where she would rise her muzzle and howl for a gathering.
* Sanek after having returned to the territory, he had been catching up on all the scents he had missed. His nose would be lowered to the shore of the Lake of Solace, where animals frequently stopped for a short rest, when he heard the howl of the Alphess. He would stand still for a moment, his head rising with ears perked curiously to the sound of the call as it echoed through the forest. Once it ended, his paws would move swiftly at a trot to join the meeting.
* Salem found it impossible to keep to keep to himself if he was being asked of it now. “I found a few places with views that made my tail wag, but they are so close in distance that I’m sure that they have been seen and spoken of by a few of the wolves we may see tonight. But the silly thing about it is, I never really remember leaving, so I think I walk in my sleep.” He told her in a ponderous tone as if he had given it some serious thought. “But eventually I make my way back even if the road isn’t always easy.” Just at that moment, he heard Kova’s howl just ahead of them where they didn’t fall too far behind. Since he was a lot closer, he didn’t have to run to the Alpha Rock, but he did take his last few steps a little more quickly and found himself a seat within earshot of the Rock.
Rook would complete the stanza of the stream’s westward call before its flow entered into the clearing proper. The gentle whispers of water on gravel-laden banks would become a muffled murmur behind the thick curtain of pine that adorned the tree line around the northeast of the clearing. Just south of his father’s overlook he would come across a now overgrown area meant for fun, but all things found themselves back within
<`Raven> the fold. He too would find himself there one day; however, today he would heed a second call and finish his trek into the clearing proper.
<`Raven> <CwnAnnwn> c/Cwn He was nearing the southern boundary of the clearing when the sound of Kova’s call for a meeting rang out between the trees, his ears perking before he increased his pace slightly. He did not run, but he slipped into the ground eating lope that their kind used to cover distance with little effort. It would not be long before he would manifest within the clearing, slipping between a pair of trees, angling towards the Alpha rock now.
* Leora she would wave her tail at Salem “that sounds exciting! perhaps one day I can explore to.” it was then the howl of Kova reached her ears and she nosed Salem quickly “oo, a gathering!” she called out and moved after and reached the clearing to. There she looked across the horizon to any near that she recognized.
* Kova as the wolves who would heed the call emerged from the thick of wood and perhaps sleep, she would seat herself upon the stone slowly and give off a low, but welcoming chuff. “Welcome everyone. Thank you for heeding the call and gathering for a meeting.” she shifted her tail against the rock in a slow wave, then stilled it. “First off, I wanted to ask if there where any more reports about our wandering and foriegn scents? Anything from the scout?” her eyes cast now to see if Sanek was among them.
* Sanek he would break through the treeline and take in all the scents the winds had to offer. Seeing that the meeting had already begun, he would make sure to be silent in his approach as he looked for a spot to sit in.
* Saskia looked up as Kova reached her point upon the majestic rock. She hummed and dipped her head to whoever seemed to arrive near her. She didnâ€™t have anything to report, and looked towards Sanek as he broke into the clearing just in time.
<`Raven> <Rook> c/Rook Story ðŸ“– A place near enough to listen to the proceedings was taken, and he would look to those present and think upon those not. He wondered why those that they had encountered weeks ago had not made good on their promise of doing harm to they and theirs. Certainly, a sound strategy would have utilized the lackadaisical? Such was the train of though that drew him to the raven feathers and then to his youngest sister who he saw near
<`Raven> some of the others. Curious for news, he waited to hear if any would give a report.
c/Cwn Silver brute continued to maintain the steady lope towards the rock where the others had gathered before the Alpha fae. Once he was close enough to gathered wolves, he would bow his head to the Alpha fae atop the rock before settling upon his haunches as he listened for a report on the scents she spoke of.
* Kova an ear turned this way and that as she saw the wolves emerge out of the ‘woodwork’ to approach and settle for the meeting. She drew her paws upon the stone and when the crickets would chimm their strumming songs against the silence to her question, she would offer. “Keep a warry eye.” she’d add before shifting her weight again. “Speaking of new scents, there are two new faes who’ve ..
<Kova> .. visited recently. One by the name of Kino, a wolf who hails from the far north to a pack previously named IceWolves. She is here in search of a home. The other wolf is a decendent of our matriarch, Kovo’s spirit sister. Silverlune. She is Alpha of a pack named MoonSingers.” she would turn to see Cwn appear as the last to gather then back to the rest. “Know that I have greeted them and their scent is upon my coat, and mine to theirs.”
* Leora the cluster wolf wolves would begin to usher forth from the woods , brush and tree. She saw Cwn and swung her tail; a familiar face along with Sanek and Saskia. She gruuued and would dip her head in greeting to them, but perhaps it was her brothers presence that ushered her forward and in his direction with haste.
* Salem grew silent when the meeting started but he didn’t have anything to add on the account of the scents and so he remained as such. He had noticed a few new scents since he had been back, but he was still separating friend from foreign and would commit the names to memory and acknowledge the word of warning the names were preceeded with a nod.
* Rook – Kino he had met the other day, and with the recall of the name came the recall of the scent. The other, an alpha, was not someone he had encountered. The vast realm of the Wolfspirits was one that could entertain perhaps a neighbor or two, but he wondered just how near this other pack was. Had Phoenix and the ‘Tellers encountered said pack? He would endeavor to find out when such a time allowed. For now, his attention shifted to the approach of his youngest sister. He’d not be far from the others and so would make her path all the shorter.
* Leora like one to awaken to mornings hush, she would be the swift uplifting rush like quiet birds scattered to the air. Tail would wave, mimicing the wind as she would approach her brother quickly and quietly, seating beside him. His face would not be void of licks and nuzzles before she’d recline to look to Kova, now serious and a wink to her brother.
Cwn His head canted slightly at the talk of two visiting faes, he had yet to encounter them, he must keep an eye for them and introduce himself to them. He cast a quick glance at the others gathered, noting whom was present and whom was not. If any glanced at him as he looked, he would nod his head to them before turning back to the Alpha fae.
* Kova the wind would usher together all the scents and smells and she’d acknowledge each present wolf. Finding some absent among the gathered. For now, she’d continue. “Next to address is the hunt. There will be a set day for our hunter, Panther or Shakira, to scout out a meal first and the following day (or following evening if it’s in the morning), a hunt will be called upon a set day and ..
<Kova> .. time.” she’d cast her gaze once more to each wolf, finding Panther missing among them so she’d inform him when her path crossed with his. “((OOC: Let me know what days/times works for everyone!))
* Saskia listened intently, only offering a nod of her head to a wandering Leora. She nodded in regards to the new wolves, and pack hunt. She wondered where her mentor was, perhaps still slumbering in the wood lines.
* Sanek another hunt he would make sure not to miss. His paws already tingled with the promise of a hunt on the horizon. Before the hunt he would have to see if the borders of WolfSpirits were free of scents of intruders, though, to make sure he was doing his job as a scout so that the pack would be safe, especially with what seemed to be a threat
* Sanek to the lands?
* Rook – Awash in sister slobbers and lost at sea, he would finally seek to save himself by pawing Leora away a moment. He would nip at her shoulder soon after her regained composure…it was likely a rouse anyway. ”Remind me to tell you of the raven’s feather and the light of the Mean OÃche after the meeting,” he whispered. No need to interrupt the meeting or give others a sense that he was to share a story on their behalf.
* Fianna was perhaps a shadow of herself. At least her own shadow felt looming and nightmarish with the doom that had been laid at her paws. Still, she was alive. Some of her family was still alive. She would endure and one day perhaps, thrive again. For now her paw steps would be slow with their new rhythm but she would just be nearing the western treeline and pushing into the clearing proper. If the call for a meeting had been lofted she would have been close enough to heed it, if slowly.
* Leora her tail would swing quickly behind her as she was awash with a glow only one of curious intent would harbor. Well, perhaps she was a little brighter than most, but at the mention of reminding to be given a bit of story would cause her to almost loose focus. She was another year older and she did her best to be as mature as she could, and in that moment she gave her brother a knowing nod ..
<Leora> .. then turned back to the meeting.
*Fianna Quietly.. Quietly.. She would wade through the ebbing grasses and cross the clearing, keeping herself a bit low so as not to draw attention to herself and her late arrival. Nearing the other’s she would spot mostly familiar faces and wonder at the new scents she caught throughout their land. Near the back she would settle and sink to her belly to listen.
* Kova her hues fell to the others and gave a grin and a nod. She would then turn her hues towards the rest of the wolves gathered. “Does anyone have anything they desire to bring up before I continue?”
<Kino> before long came trotting up to the group. Having been exploring further south beyond the border, she heard the howl and it had taken her a spell of time to return. She panted to catch her breath as she slowed to a walk amongst the gather, not entirely sure if she was privy to this meeting as she wasn’t even a full member of this pack yet. Just before reaching the group, she slowed more to a full stop, looking around with amber orbs at more wolves than she had seen at one time since arriving. She shook her full white coat out and bowed her head low in reverence to the WolfSpirits pack.
* Cwn He glanced to the others gathered to see if any had something to bring up before the Alpha fae continued with the topics she wished to discuss during the meeting. He had nothing himself, though one of these meetings before winter set too deeply he hoped for Rune and himself to be able to ask about taking the next step and moving beyond courtship.
* Rook Story ðŸ“– A quiet meeting meant quiet entrances were likely not quiet relative to busier ones. Perhaps the quiet one was extra quiet in the quiescence of the quiet meeting…Quiet entrances without a queue could quickly cue quixotic conundrums of quizzically quaint congregations! Not exactly what he was aiming for, but it would do. Perhaps the second entrance would allude to the first, and there he would see both Kino and his sister? He had nothing to report or at least nothing he desired to have known beyond the tale to his youngest sister.
* Saskia shook her head, if Kova was looking for physical affirmation. She didnâ€™t need to bring anything up. She turned her head to an approach of paws, peering up at amber hues. She would allow her tail to sway in peak interest at the she-wolf. The chocolate fae would dip her head in a respectful greeting, but didnâ€™t talk as to not interrupt the meeting.
* Salem made a note of the future hunt with a flop from one side to the other at the idea of a hunt. He stood up and stepped forward and dipped his head slightly. “It has been some time since I pledged and yet even more time since I’ve been here. With how much time has passed, I would like to be made a Pledge of this pack again.” He perhaps noticed out of the corner of his eye the movement
* Salem of another joining them, but his focus was more focused on making his request in front of not just Kova but now the pack.
* Sanek having no news to present, he would turn to the others, and just then he felt a new scent join the gathering. His eyes scanned those gathered for the stranger and his gaze fell on Kino.Â The posture of the Alphess suggested this was a wolf she knew, perhaps one of those she had mentioned earlier, so he would remain focused on the meeting.
* Fianna Pink Fianna did have a report – a long overdo one, but she needed to make to the Alphess alone, perhaps after the meeting and she would bide her time. She had been trying to figure out a way to speak of it, all the words she had considered fell short, leaving her brooding and absent all but in scent for She had still been keeping tabs on the clearing and surround areas, mindful of her duties. Quietly she would flick an ear and
<`Raven> scan the white fae who moved into their midst. She had only caught the tail end of what Kova had mentioned about new fae’s and she was curious. Her gaze then moved to her brother and Leora for a long moment, weight in her eyes before she turned back toward the stone as Salem spoke up and she felt her tail swing once, brushing the ground slowly.
* Leora she would look to each wolf and after the promise of a story, she was all ears and eager for the meeting’s fruition and end to if only to hear the story. Her sister however would not go unnoticed! Oooo, she had to really dig her paws in from leaping in her direction. Her gaze then fell to Salem and she waved her tail again at his mention of wanting to rejoin!
* Saskia swiveled an ear towards Salem as he spoke. When Kova asked for a vouche, Saskia pondered. She knew Salem well enough, and though the brute had been absent; he was well bided within the territory when he was present. She would lift her head to catch Kovaâ€™s gaze, â€œI.. Will vouch for Salemâ€™s return as pledge. He is of sound mind, and always lends paws of support.â€ She smiled and nodded towards Salem before
* Saskia stamping her paw on the ground for confirmation of her words.
*Cwn He looked towards Salem a moment before turning towards Kova before speaking. “Having myself found my paws wandering away from my home here, but always finding my way back to my family.. The fact that he has returned and still wishes to make this his home, his family and knowing that he will do his part for the pack is enough for me to vouch for him.”
* Rook Stone ðŸ“– A bear’s metaphoric weight upon him for a moment might be felt before movement caught his eyes and a renewed pledge lodged soundly in his ears. He had been absent of the clearing for more than a few days himself, but it had been a time for Salem. Rook had never been close to Salem; however, one needn’t be shoulder to shoulder to see one on a familiar path. ”If one desires to renew bonds frayed from time, then one should be given a chance to find and reaffirm the threads that bind us. I cannot vouch for Salem, but I can and will vouch for his right to a renewed journey.”
* Fianna wouldn’t know Salem well either but she had seen parts of his journey and knew he cared, which was more than she could say for many that began their journey here, only to move on soon after. “I would welcome him back.” She said softly, pushing up enough to be heard though inwardly cringing because she had missed the beginnings of the meeting.
* Kova as the words of pledge to Salem’s advance. Her hues fell to Saskia first and to her pledge for Salem, she gave a grateful nod. Then to CwnAnnwn, Fianna, and Rook’s words added, she gave another nod and a soft expression before turning then to Salem. “As those who have pledged their vouche for your journey, I to would be honored to reassign you to a Pledge of WolfSpirits. You may now ..
<Kova> .. introduce yourself to all you meet and paths you come across.” she smiled “Welcome back, Salem!” she stomped her paw to stone.
* Leora her eyes fell to her brother and then her sister. When the others spoke of Salem’s journey, she felt inspired. What it must feel like to be in Salem’s pawS? Or other paws who stood there asking to join her family. She was just freshly 2 and much ahead, but for now, she’d not think upon her own journey just yet. She was still learning , afterall, but she was happy for Salem! Her tail waved and she stomped a paw and gave a happy chuff in his direction!
* Saskia hummed and smiled as Kova have the final stomp and vocals of approval, her tail wagging behind her. She didnâ€™t know of the journey Salem was taking right now, but she supported it none the less. The soft voice of Fianna from the back made Saskia turn around and offer a kind smile to the fae. She hadnâ€™t seen Fianna in quite some time, the lighter faes presence was soft on the eyes. She did seem slightly off,
* Saskia like something was on her mind, but if one werenâ€™t looking they wouldnâ€™t have noticed. She turned back around and focused her attention on Kova, once more.
* Salem listened to Kova’s words and each of the voices who answered. When each one started to speak, Salem turned around them and returned either a smile or a nod or a hopeful sway to his tail if only for a moment after they were done speaking. When he looked from one to the other, he made it a point to see who they were with who hadn’t spoken though it was some of their wishes he knew
* Salem to join or call this place home which were both familiar to him. His eyes turned to Kova once they had each been said to the her final words to him and he dipped his head slightly and proceeded to make his way back among those gathered for the meeting, this time nosing any and all who were close enough to do so.
* Kova her tail swayed to Salem as he returned back to the others. Humbled to have him back in their fold as a pledge. She then turned her hues back to the gathered before turning towards Kino as she noticed the fae had joined them. She gave an acknowledged nod to her before returning back to the others. “With that, that will conclude our meeting. Salem, Leora and I had tracked down an Oxen, ready to be hunted.” she’d grin, casting her eyes to the others.
* Saskia flicked her ears, and after Kova concluded her words, she would have waited to be dismissed. She was excited to hunt down the oxen the few wolves trailed earlier this evening. She also wondered what if Panther, and if he would join them on their hunt. A swift sway of her tail and she was up on her slender legs, gazing around for those who were free enough to be greeted. Among the first she wished to approach would
* Saskia have been Salem. Was he free?