March 3rd, 2022
- Saskia advances to Pledge
- Sanek becomes Scout In Training
Sasika Code Lotus Navariin
Pack Meeting Begins
* Kova as she waited for the wolves to gather just below the stone, she would shift her hues to each wolf who presented themselves and heeded the call. Her tail swung a few times behind her before she dipped her head and called to each. “Salutations, wolves of WolfSpirits.” her tones light and thoughtful. Feeling the stone beneath her pads, she would shift her weight before turning to look at ..
<Kova> .. the wolves present then, saw the prospects to whom she tasked a few things. It would be to each wolf she called forward. “Code and Saskia, please come forward.”
<Huginn> <Rook> c/Rook Story ðŸ“– Short work of the distance between he and the stone had been made in the intervening moments, short enough at least to have been near enough to find a decent spot when the howl ventured forth. He would definitely be in time to see and hear two faes be called forward.
* Sanek perked. A howl? A meeting? So it was today! His forepaws pushed back so that he was now sitting and looking up at the Alphess, with his ears pulled back respectfully. One ear turned at Panther’s chuff, then his head. He did a quiet chuff hoping Panther would hear. Then he would fall silent and turn back as Code and Saskia were called
* Sanek forward.
* Loumacy ears perked at the howl. Another one? Hadn’t they just had one? She looked about curiously but moved into the clearing. Perhaps she would see Calder and would bow her head politely, but keep her distance from him wanting to be respectful of the season. So far she was doing alright, though as she thought of the time her mind did wonder over to a particular brute who did not appear
* Loumacy to be in the clearing. Lou shook her head and nosed Coneward. When Fianna appeared she thought perhaps it would be nice to sit with her mentor, and so she would approach the femme with a soft tail wag and a quiet chuff before her gaze would move to Code and then Saskia, she wagged her tail.
* Lotus felt the dread in her heart drop to the bottom of her stomach. Her name wasnâ€™t called. She hadnâ€™t worked hard enough.. though she felt devastated inside, she managed to keep her calm and watch her friend walk up to the Rock with Code. She wagged her tail lightly. At least Saskia would become a pledge.
* Saskia would hear her and Codeâ€™s name being called and would wag her tail but was cut short by an immediate jump to her feet, making her way up to the Alphess, too excited to notice Pantherâ€™s chuff.
* Code slunk out of the treeline panting and into the clearing just in time as Kova started speaking, muttering an apology for being late before slipping beside Saskia and sitting down, her tail resting in front of her paws. She breathed a sigh of relief, trying to be discreet and not gather too much attention. She pricked her ears and looked up
* Code at the alpha fae on the really big rock. As Kova said her and Saskia’s names, she widened her eyes. She wondered what this was for. Nonetheless, she kept a smile on her face and stepped forward with her friend, eyes still on the alpha as she wagged her tail.
* Kova when the pair approached she would keep her eyes out for Lotus, but returned her hues then to the two fae’s for now as she’d start the meeting. She would dipped her head when they reached within distance of the stone and began “Saskia you where tasked in finding someone to mentor you before this meeting was called. I would like to ask you now, who were your mentors and what did you learn?”
* Saskia would dip her head respectfully at Kova. â€œI sought out the great hunter, Panther. And in my ignorance, he taught me things I needed to know, but most importantly, he taught me respect. Respect for all the wolves that walk on this land. He also mentored me in the way to not be so headstrong. I have made amends with Rook, whom I was wrong to at the last meeting, as well as you, Alpha.â€ She lowered her head and
* Saskia wagged her tail.
<Huginn> <CwnAnnwn> c/Cwn He turned his gaze back to the gathering as Code and Saskia were called up to the Alpha rock. He listened as Kova spoke to the pair, eyes glancing to the other fae a moment, wondering if she was going to be given a chance before turning back to the Alpha rock and the three faes.
* Sanek worried that Kova had said something about speaking to him before the meeting. They hadn’t done that, but he hoped it would still work as part of the meeting. He was hiding this worry though, behind a genuine curiousity of what the two faes learned.
* Panther He nodded as he gazed at Saskia, he smiled softly. He was still debating vouching for her, he was a member, but her mentor. He would be biased. He came and sat beside Sanek, nosing the brute. His gaze found his apprentice as she spoke his name. His gaze wandered among the other wolves, wondering where the newcomer was. He watched the wolf in front of the crowd of wolves. Was Saskia going to become a pledge today? Had he trained her enough? He continued to watch, listening rather intently.
* Rook listened quietly and curiously to Saskia’s response, and if needed would vouch for the fae’s reaching out and to the amends made. He wondered why the other fae present therein had not, but life and its threads were made some fairly busy. Focus was given back to the fae and to Kova for her own response.
* Kova would dip her head to the fae as she would reveal whom she sought. All the choices would be well suited and, she was glad she did. “We all have our personalities and ways in which we’ve grown into. That, I cannot fault a wolf to far for but it is the humbleness of being able to learn and to grow, and to flourish in yourself and as well, to the path that you desire to have moving forward.” admiration for the fae seemed to twinkle in her eye. Much to learn still, but the fae showed a great willingness to continue forward. “The next step, Saskia is pledge of WolfSpirits. I would ask you now, are you still willing to continue to grow, and to learn the ways of this pack? To a pack you desire to call home and family?”
* Loumacy settled beside Fianna, letting her be the one between her and Calder. Her tail batted lighly back and forth and occasionally she would go to nose or seemingly nip at the confetti. She really wanted to hear what Kova was about to tell her two friends. In her excitement she nosed and nuzzled Fia before looking back to her friends, forelegs giving the snow a bit of a pit pat as she
* Loumacy licked her maw and whined excitedly. Her ears began to go up and then flat, up, flat, up, flat, up, flat. She was charging up like an over exciteable electric rat monster.
* Saskia would watch as Kova seemed to have a twinkle in her eyes. This made her melt. The Alphess had taken a liking to her.. oh she was so happy. â€œYes, Kova. I dearly wish to still find a home in this land, with these wonderful wolves!â€ She turned to look out to them, she hoped she was also allowed to speak out to them as well, if not she would be corrected after the meeting by someone. â€œAnd I wish to let all the
* Saskia wolves that sit in this clearing know, that I will provide loyalty and respect, compassion and service to all of you for as long as I reside here. Thank you all for being so welcoming and teaching me your ways..â€ she looked back at Kova, whispering â€œThank youâ€ as well to the Alphess. She then hushed her maw and waiting for her response.
<Calder> He would watch Loumacy as the fae approached. He dipped his head to her before offering a kind welcome, then his eyes fell to Saskia and then to Kova. Listening intently to the shared words.
* Kova her tail still and the wind ruffled the smallest amount of fur fluff that it would. She was rigid, thoughtful and would give a kind but pensive expression. To her whisper, she would give a slight smile and a very short but curt nod in acknowledgment. “I would call to the members of WolfSpirits and to our Assessments. Who will vouch for Saskia’s pledgeship?”
* Fianna, while watching the goings on, began to feel her fur prickle some with how near Loumacy was to Calder, and it was a good thing the fae hadn’t tried to squirrel her way between them. Scooching a mite closer she nuzzle Calder and licked his cheek fur, then turned to study Lou’s ears for a moment, the back and forth being quite distracting. Still she couldn’t fault the fae for being excited and so she lifted one paw and set it down firmly but gently on top of one of Lou’s hoping to ground the fae a bit and help her settle. When Kova asked who would vouch for Saskia, Fianna glanced about. She had only just barely met the fae and hadn’t had anymore opportunities to speak with her. Who had the fae been able to spend time with?
* Salem followed along the stream going a little further North but ultimately West. Once he reached a point where the frozen water branched off in two separate directions, he followed the one where he didn’t have to cross either one and now his path would continue further South until the stream continued into the forest and he adopted following the forest edge for a number of paces before swinging a hard right as he walked in between the trees that separated the Hunting Grounds and the Clearing.
* Loumacy burst like that bawoon she popped the other day, “ME! I will! Ooo! Ooo! Pledge- I mean Assesment of Wolfspirits, Loumacy vouch for Saskia buddy, pal, FRIEND!” Her paws went a tippy tappy and she whined, and she nosed Fianna, and oh this was so exciting! Tippy tappy! Tippy tappy! “She brings happiness and great interest in the pack, and takes to hear valuable lessons like pack together, I can attest!” Bounce! Bounce! Bounce!
* Rook would wait his turn to speak for the fae, seeing as his place was nearer the proverbial back than the front. No amount of rigid decorum would keep Lou from vouching first though, and that would elicit a chuckle from him before he decided to go in turn. ”Rook, son of the Mean OÃche, vouches for Saskia. She speaks true and amends have been made.”
* Kova would hear Loumacy’s excited tones first and gave an inward chuckle as well, nodding to her and then to Rook as he spoke for the fae, as well. She would rise her paw up, and gently tap it to the stone before giving a stern but thoughtful tone to her voice. “As those lay claim to Saskia’s pledge, so do I lay ground for it to be proven. Moving forward and here on out, Saskia you may ..
<Kova> .. introduce yourself as a pledge of WolfSpirits. Welcome to the first few steps of many. ” she said with a smile and dip of her head.
* Sanek hadn’t been around Saskia enough to truly know the fae, so although he wanted to vouche for her, he wouldn’t know what he was vouching for so he stayed quiet and listened to the others. His tail waved happily when Kova approved that Saskia become a pledge.
<Calder> Upon the newly named Pledge he would smile and dip his head and place a paw on the earth in announcement of her presence now to them all. He would let loose a wave of his tail, feeling Fianna’s nuzzle and nuzzle her in turn. Perhaps oblivous to the tension set forth for now?
*Panther He would be biased, he kept telling himself that, but as he told himself that he heard Loumacy’s loud vocals. He looked over his shoulder at her, remaining where he was seated beside Sanek. He grumbled softly, and almost told her; ‘You don’t have to yell, Kova isn’t deaf.’ but alas, he actually kept his maw shut. His gaze darted towards Rook as he vouched for the fae, he smiled softly. His hues gleamed with respect, and the glint in his hues remained when he gazed up towards Kova. Saskia was a pledge now! His tail betrayed a subtle happy wag. He figured his apprentice-at-the-time would say something about why he didn’t vouch for her after the meeting. His ears perked, and he continued to listen.
* Saskia would look to the two wolves that vouched for her and they wouldnâ€™t be forgotten and of course she would thank them afterwards. She looked up at Kova who would set her paw down and announce her as pledge. She smiled and chuckled, with a man outrageous tail wag. â€œThank you, Alpha Kova! I will not disappoint you.â€ She spoke in serious tone despite her bodily form. â€œAm I to leave the rock now?â€ She asked,
* Saskia head dipped respectfully.
* Lotus wagged her tail in excitement. Her friend was a pledge!
* Kova as the celebratory feel would wash over them, she would smile and dip her head to Saskia allowing her to return to her place of desired seat within the rest she would then turn her hues to Sanek. She gave a soft expression and a chuff in his direction, calling him forward. “Sanek, please come forward.”
*CwnAnnwn Stamped a paw in the snow as Saskia was named the newest pledge of the WolfSpirits pack. He looked to Sanek was the male was called up next.
* Lotus she stomped her paw, assuming that was the thing to do..
* Code grinned and wagged her tail as Saskia was named pledge. As she listened, she remembered she too had to apologise to the brute she didn’t know the name of from the previous meeting, though any memories of the hostility had been long forgotten. She prided herself in never holding grudges, and honestly, any memory of that brief disagreement
* Code had been lost to the sands of time from her point of view. She shrugged, looking over to the wolf who she may or may not know as Rook yet and gave an apologetic smile, though whether he noticed would be up to chance.
* Saskia would pad down the steps, perhaps offering a smile and a chuff Sanekâ€™s way as he took her spot. She would look to who to sit by. She saw Loumacy all excited and wound up, she smiled and chuckled, heading her way, but not before looking towards Rookâ€™s direction and eyeing him a soft look of thanks, and dipping her head down his way respectfully. As she got to Loumacy, she wouldnâ€™t say anything but give a nose
* Saskia to her cheek and snuggle up close to her taking a seat, wondering what Sanek would be called for.
* Sanek his tail stopped wagging for a moment and his ears pulled back even more when Kova called him up. He stood and did a quick few trots to stand in front of the Alpha Rock, dipping his head to the Alphess in respect.
* Lotus her eyes drew to the brown wolf she had almost tumbled over before the meeting. Roles were so exciting. Her sadness was not far from reach but at least it was out of sight for now. His nervous movements made Lotus a bit confused, she wagged her tail for him anyway.
* Fianna however, unlike Panther, would be right next to Loumacy and though the excitement was nice, the boisterous loudness could perhaps be softened a touch and knowing she had been made the fae’s mentor, she would lean in close to the fae’s ear and whisper once she had finished speaking,”The words were good, but in a meeting, with wolves all gathered in close, measure your voice and people will listen more closely and more willingly to what you have to say.” She licked the fae’s cheek once, just to soften her words but her gaze held serious before she’d turn back to stamp a paw as Saskia took her first steps as pledge! When Sanek was called, Fianna sat back and would listen attentively.
* Rook A firm stamp of his paw was given in congratulations to the fae, and when she dipped her head to him he would do likewise to her. Mutual respect and reciprocity were the fledgling ground upon which meaningful relationships flourished. He was happy for that opportunity. His amber hues would track the male that Kova called forward. Little story was known to Rook concerning Sanek, but that was because neither had crossed much path. He would have rectify that in the coming days, he thought.
<Kova> “Sanek, you’ve been a member with us for sometime and throughout your dedication here you’ve shared a knowledge and as well, a desire to see your pack and family safe. It’s wellbeing looked after and tended.” she began allowing her words to flow like the gentle thrumming of the creek nearby. “I would like to ask you, Sanek, if you would help continue to keep the pack safe, and ensure our boundaries well marked and observed, and take up first scout in training?”
* Lotus That must be a big deal, to be the first of something. It peaked her interest and she perked her ears to listen to the possible promotion.
* Loumacy felt the tickle of Fianna’s words on her ear, though the tone held a bit of seriousness, that made Lou bow her head, and run her foreleg against the bridge of her maw giving a soft whine as her mentor reeled her back in. Her tail tucked her ears flattened, looking a bit anxious, but drinking in the wisdom all the same. “Sorry,” She whispered, staring at her paws. It didn’t take
* Loumacy much to shift the femme’s mood from high to low and to somewhere inbetween, and Fianna would appear to have a knack for getting her to the acceptable level with the softest of reprimands and the sweetest of gestures. At the feeling of the lick on her cheek Loumacy relaxed and settled beside Fianna, leaning against her. When Saskia approached her tail thumped, but she would nose Fia, a sign
* Loumacy that she heard, and that she would be quiet, though welcoming to her friend’s companionship. Saskia settled she would nose her, but say nothing, just grin.
* Sanek was a bit surprised, he thought he’d been called up for something else. “A scout?”Â he realized he had spoken aloud. Oops. He considered the rank. He liked to sniff and explore. And searching for predators and marking the northern boundaries were both enjoyable. He finally nodded “I would. I will do anything to ensure the
* Sanek pack is safe, and I feel I will do so best as a scout”Â he wondered who would train him.
* Kova eyes careful and guaged his reaction. His language spoken and shared through his body. She kept her own frame rigid but light. Attention upon him souly. “As a scout in training, you will learn from not only myself, but from Fianna, and others who would help share that knowledge with you. Are you willing to move forward and to see to the saftey of our home beyond the clearing? Beyond these ..
<Kova> .. borders and beyond even that?”
* Salem wove through the forest, momentarily pausing as the scents of numerous others reached his nose. Placing his paws down quietly one after the other, he made his way through the forest until he made it to the edge of the Clearing where he was able to take in not only the scents of others but around the distant sight of shapes around the Alpha Rock and though the soft crunch of snow
* Salem would betray his late arrival, he tried to keep them quiet enough to not draw too much attention to himself and also listen in to what was being discussed.
*CwnAnnwn He perked up and listened as Kova spoke to Sanek of becoming a scout in training, he remembered his father once was a scout for the pack and shared much of his knowledge with him, it was a position he felt he might end up in at some point. He was happy to see that the scout ranks were going to start filling again.
* Saskia would wag her tail at Sanekâ€™s new rank in the pack. Wow! A scout in training.. that sounded important. She smiled at Loumacyâ€™s nose as well.
* Sanek he would look into Kova’s eyes to emphasize his wordÂ “Aye.”Â he said with a firm nod of his head. This was what he wanted to be. He looked around, to see what the pack thought of this. What Panther thought.
*Panther He stamped his paw for Saskia’s pledging, then watched as Sanek left his side and went forward. He smiled softly, then looked over his shoulder at Lou, he mouthed a ‘thank you’ in Fianna’s direction. His tail curled around his flank, as he dipped his head to Fianna, Calder, and Loumacy. His gaze then switched to Sanek and Kova. His friend was becoming a scout in training? The first scout in training. He smiled softly, and he got ready to howl, or stamp his paw, in congratulations. He knew scouts were a big deal, but his friend was gonna to be going beyond the borders without him? He had only done that when the four wolves went north once, and they didn’t even go past the borders. He smiled, thankful his friend would be getting a rank. His tail wagged in excitement as he listened further.
* Fianna At the knowledge of Sanek becoming scout in training, Fianna’s eyes lit a bit and she leaned forward with interest. She had carried the title of scout for quite a while, and she would watch Sanek’s path to becoming a full scout with eagerness. The pack needed more of that rank for sure.
* Loumacy listened as Great Alpha Kova offered Sanek a scouting position and he accepted! She began to whine, her paws began to tippy tappy, were they going to howl for him!? She looked to Fia, then to Sanek, then to Kova, then to Saskia, then back to Fia! He said yes! He did say yes, didn’t he?
* Code moved over to Saskia and Loumacy, smiling. She whispered, “good job!” to the brown fae, sitting down before returning her gaze to the alpha once more. Ooo, a scout? That sounded cool! There were so many cool ranks and things that she had never come across before and it made her all the more curious about each new one mentioned at a
* Code meeting. Her tail wagged a little as she shuffled her paws and wondered if the pack was going to howl? Howling was fun, yes! It was the best part of meetings!
* Kova to Sanek’s words she’d carefully read his own. A slow dip of her head given when he agreed to be trained, she would offer a swing of her tail once, then stilled it. “Then, I wish to name you Sanek, Scout in Training.” her paw would rise then stomp on the stone again for Sanek. She would allow the others to offer their celebratory expressions before she swung her tail then stilled it. ..
<Kova> .. “As well, Sanek, Scout in training, I would like to also ask that you become a mentor to an Assessment. To you I assign Calder.” she cast long her gaze across all the wolves and it fell to the male. She dipped her head to him then looked back to Sanek. “Show him our ways. Our lore and knowledge to help him on the journey to becoming pack.”
* Lotus stamped her paw in congratulations for Sanek. She was happy that the pack was building up so efficiently. He seemed like he would be great as a scout, even though she didnâ€™t know him very well. Two jobs in one meeting? He was going to be busy!
<Calder> He would hear his name mentioned and would turn to Sanek. He would be appointed a mentor and thought Sanek to be well choice. He’d not seen much of him, but was glad that would change and his tail swung slowly behind him. Should Sanek look this way he would dip his head in agreement – happy for the guidance.
* Rook So his sister would be in charge of someone else, eh? Woe be to Sanek, the target of the bossy bear? He chuckled quietly at the thought. The bear was certainly a good choice to learn the ways of ensuring what paths to take and what horizons to view. No gesture or reaction was given until the naming Sanek was complete; only then would he offer a firm stamp of his paw.
* Panther He stamped his paw for his friend, and the newly made mentor. He grinned as his tail wagged. He glanced over towards Saskia, he would have to congratulate her. He was excited to see Sanek’s journey to becoming a full Scout for the pack. He deserved the rank, for he was quite the tracker.
* Saskia would learn something now of the paw stamping. If this meant she was happy for Sanekâ€™s new rank, she would throw her paw to the ground and offer a smile, happy for him though they barely acquainted themselves before.
* Loumacy heard the paw stamping and swallowed back the howl, but boy could her paws stamp with the best of them and she tippy tapped and mashed that snow into the earth for Sanek, and Calder who had a mentor now too!
* Salem picked a spot in the back to settle in and caught the last of Kova’s words of Sanek being named a Scout. He stamped his paw not just once but twice for the advancement as well as taking on the role as a mentor in teaching the pack’s ways.
* Sanek he was about to turn around and go back to his seat, but Kova had more to add so he stopped himself. So he -was- going to be a mentor to some wolf. To Calder. He glanced to the brute and wagged lightly. He didn’t really know Calder well, but he did want to, and was also willing to teach him. With a final nod to show he was looking forward
* Sanek to teaching, and perhaps learning something too, he would now move back to his spot next to Panther.
* Kova would allow Sanek to take his place where he desired to sit before turning then to the other wolves. She adjusted her frame to stand a little more firm and comfortable. She would see Lotus among the other wolves and would shift her weight again and spoke to the fae directly. “Lotus, I still task to you, to see your guide and upon the next calling of a meeting, I will call upon you once more.”
* Kova hopefully the fae heard her before departing. Her attention would withdrawl from the fae before she would cast her gaze to the wolves present. She would dip her head once more and smile to those who had heeded the call. “A short but very meaingful meeting. I thank those who attended, but before we depart, does any wolf have anything they’d like to share? A question, perhaps?”
*CwnAnnwn He would stamp his paw for Sanek’s advancement to scout in training as he wondered if he would join him there one day, though he would take on whatever role was deemed to suit him. He glanced to those gathered to see if anyone was going to share anything or ask a question.
* Fianna would stamp her paw too as Sanek took his rank and felt her banner wave. She would do her best to pass on the knowledge that she had gleaned and gathered during her time as Guardian Scout. When Kova tasked him with mentoring Calder she glanced at her mate, wondering how he’d take the news and was glad to see him seem keen to the idea. She’s nose him gently, then sit quietly for the remainder of the meeting. Kova was doing so well, and it was with pride that she gazed at the Alphess. She would hope to speak with her soon.
* Code was disappointed that they weren’t allowed to howl, but stomped her paw on the snow as that seemed like the right thing to do. She settled down as Kova spoke once more, remembering Lotus still had not been named a pledge. Hopefully next meeting, then. Perhaps they might be able to become friends by then? Yes, that would be good! She loved
* Code friends! She kept silent as the alpha asked if there were any questions, as she didn’t have much to say. She hoped that once the meeting broke up she might be able to apologise to Rook for her behaviour during the previous gathering. No grudges had been held on her side but she wanted to be sure to reconcile as she didn’t know if he was
* Code still mad at her.
* Rook No questions from his end of the peanut gallery were forthcoming, but perhaps others would have something to add or ask? He looked about curious to that end was at least gladdened to see those that had gathered. He inwardly chuckled at seeing what his father had planted; he wondered if they would continue the tradition of the paw stamp if they knew that the old grump had been the one to start it way back in the day? Perhaps so; he would at least continue it.
* Saskia wouldnâ€™t have any questions and pondered what would be after the meeting. She would perhaps congratulate Sanek, seek out Calder to introduce herself.. should Fianna allow it? She gulped. She would also seek out Panther maybe.
* Sanek wondered how it would go with him mentoring Calder and being taught how to scout himself. There weren’t any scouts around here, were there? So Fianna had been a scout? Or still was? He tried to remember if it ever came up, and in doing so, zoned out and became lost in thought.
* Loumacy leaned on Fianna, being overall a bit lazy and goofy tonight. Calder was on the other side of Fianna, and she could have sworn Saskia settled down next her her. Her head lifted wondering where Code was as the meeting seemed to draw somewhat to an end perhaps?
* Kova when the others would cast their glances upon her and perhaps the others, she would find that no others desired to speak and that suited her well, to. She swung her tail a few times before she would bow her head and offer in lightened tones “Then, I would like to conclude tonights meeting and wish peace and rest for the evening. Gather your strength for soon we hunt as a pack.” her ..
<Kova> .. tongue drew across her muzzle in anticipation. Perhaps she was hungry now? All the same, she’d allow the others to mingle and rest if they desired.