August 1st, 2020
- Kova is promoted to pack Delta!
- Rune is promoted to Assessment!
- Rune is promoted to Caretaker In Training
- Nightshade returns to the pack as a Pledge
@Atraya @Faolan @Fianna @Kova @Kwa`ani @Shakira @Shukie @Skydancer
Empty section. Edit page to add content here.
CwnAnnwn Raven Fenrir Amoux Ryker
Pack Meeting Begins
* Atraya it didn’t take long for her to reach the clearing from her new found location. When she did she would make quick work for the distance from the treeline to the alpha’s rock, and there, she would let loose a low howl. A howl for a gathering.
* Kova an ear turned to the sound of a howl and there she saw the owner. Atraya would approach from the eastern edge of the forests treeline and there she would slowly press her paws int othe soil to rise. There would only be a few grimaces of displeasure to the movement as she would make her way towards the rock now. She was again a three legged wolf as she hopped along the tall brown grasses to make her way to the rock. When she was there she would recline down nearby and dip her head softly in a greeting “My alpha, I am here.” she announced now taking stock of anyone else who’d appear.
* Shakira would also be resting fairly near the carcass just within the wooded area that divided the Clearing from the Hunting Grounds, unaware yet that Nightshade had come to help guard the packs kill, though as she roused herself from her slumber she might catch sight or scent of her as she rolled from her side to her stomach and pushed herself up to a slouched sitting position, rolling her shoulders to work out any kinks
* Shakira that had set in during the night. Just as she was about to make her way back out to the kill site, the Alphas unmistakable howl rang loud and clear from the direction of the Clearing, a summoning call that could not be ignored. With a quick glance around the area where the kill lay to ensure no predators were near, she would perhaps notice Nightshade and give a short nod in greeting before turning to make her way
* Shakira towards the Clearing.
<Faolan> Fitting that he should be returning from the north to the tune of his mother’s call. He had left at the close of the previous meeting with an urge to find a story of his own. Whether that had been a success was a matter of telling; something that he might or might not do. The sound of his mother’s voice urged him to speed along the grassy path through the meadow and forest between him
<Faolan> and the clearing.
* Atraya would wait the needed time for the wolves to find her call and heed it. She would flick an ear to the sound of another and Kova’s scent greeted her. She would offer a gentle dip of her head and a smile in her direction to greet the fae. The smell and scent of others started to greet her now and she remained seated there until she could be sure there was ample time for those who wanted to heed the call, would and could get there before she began. She did her best to keep herself situated on the top of the rock.
* skydancer lying near the Lake just simply watching across the Lake when she suddenly hears atrayas howl. perking up her ears for a moment she doesn’t only needs a moment to get to her paws and quickly starts towards the Clearing
* Kova smiled to Atraya and then returned her gaze out towards the others who where slowly starting to make their way to the clearing. Her hues momentarily glanced at her leg then back up again. “I can sense skydancer near, as well as Nightshade and Shakira to.” she uttered to Atraya. Trying to help give her count.
* Nightshade would noticed a scent of Shakira next to her, a howl was sounding the surrounding, loud enough that make her awake and raised up on fours and would follow her to the clearing as she would lead
* Atraya she would wait a few more padfalls, allowing the others to get to the clearing before she began.
* CwnAnnwn had been in and out of the packs territory since his return and now found himself returning just in time for a pack gathering it seemed. Though he had not got around to requesting to rejoin the pack yet, he still picked up his pace to at least be there for the meeting. The silver male loped along the creek leading towards the clearing from the west side of the territory.
* Rune At the sound of Atrayaâ€™s howl it would seem as if the Clearing would come to life, Runeâ€™s own ears perking to the call. Picking her frame up off the earth she shakes her pelt free of any debris that it had gathered from the forestâ€™s floor. She hadnâ€™t been directly on the Clearingâ€™s edge but was near the pond, tending to some of the herbs she had planted. She had last seen Atraya when they found the patch of m
* Rune int some time last week. Loping towards Alpha Rock, she slows to a trot when her ivory and russet frame breaks through the treeline of the Clearing. Not wanting to be any later than she already was, she moves quickly towards the back of the group of gathering wolves.
<Rook> The nearer to the clearing he came the more he drew upon the scents therein. If the wind was favorable, then he would have at least one sense to gauge the lay of the land. Surprises were fun in regards to birthday parties and sometimes the mail; he never liked them when entering a mix of others. If scent alone was not enough, then he would have the width of northern clearing and river
<Rook> contÂ»Â» crossing to take stock of those gathering wolves. He’d be fashionably late, but it did not seem that he missed the main course.
* Atraya when the wolves began to gather and she would hear the count begin to rise she would gently stomp a paw before stilling. Her frame would shift as well and the litheness she usually held was not as present. She’d eaten a great deal from the Oxen cache that still had a fair amount of meat left on it – surely would feed the pack for a few more days yet. “Hello and thank you all for attending »»
<Atraya> »» this meeting.” she said with a swing of her tail. “I would like to begin with calling Kova forward.” white stary eyes would peer ahead as she would wait to hear Kova move forward and stand before her.
* Nightshade would entrance the clearing with a draft and slowed up now to come closer to the point of where alpha Atraya was calling to the pack.
* Kova took in all the smells and scents offered therein to her. She would swing her tail seeing so many wolves starting to appear out of the woods. She was happy to see the numbers. Among the scents, if Rook was downwind to her, she might pick him up and her tail gently swayed but stilled now as she would hear the call and blink with surprise. Rise to the call she did and turned her frame limping »»
<Kova> »» ahead of the stone and would remain standing out of respect. Her left paw would be slightly keeled to the air if only to disallow any pressure on it. “My alpha” her head would bow.
* Atraya when she heard Kova’s words she would smile and dip her head and begin. “Kova, you have been Delta in training for sometime now and under the guidenace of myself and Shukie, you have proven yourself worthy of such a role and of such a title. Our ranks are stable much like the braided streams can sometimes change. The Delta’s role is to take the mantle should something befall the Alpha and »»
<Atraya> »» Beta, but I would like to continue to extend this position to you, if you are in agreement. Do you accept the role and responsabilities as Delta to this pack?” her tail would be level with her frame and the seriousness in her tones would be met.
* CwnAnnwn crossed the threshold of the clearing just as Kova was asked to step forward. Not wishing to interrupt, he picked a spot behind the others gathered to settle upon his haunches. He quickly swept the gathering place to see whom was present before his attention turned to the Alpha’s rock and Atraya and Kova.
* Kova would remain standing before Atraya and when the words were offered to her she would take a long pause and moment to allow the words to be written into the forefront of her mind and what they meant; what they entailed. Only a moment would pass before her lips parted and she would rise her head up from her respectful position to offer her response. “Sense I’ve known this pack and this »»
<Kova> »» place, it has been a strumm constant in my heart and in my soul. A sense of purpose and a sense of duty. The love and dedication I have for this pack will never change, only grow more fierce with the changing seasons. Yes, my Alpha. If you deem me worthy of such a role and title, I will honor you and this pack, by doing all I can to uphold my role here as Delta.” her head would once more bow. »»
<Kova> »» She could feel the pride well in her chest.
* Atraya Kova’s words would reach her and she would offer a wolven smile of pride. She thought quietly on Shukie, wondering were she had been, but gave a simple nod of her head before she would address Kova and the rest of the pack. “Then I would like to make it known to all who are witness to this event today and by Kova’s words of acceptance of duty to Delta, it is with great honor and pleasure »»
<Atraya> »» I name Kova… WolfSpirits Delta!” her paw would rise up from the surface of the stone before lowering back down again in a stomp. She’d allow her words to reach the wolves who where present to hear it before she offered up a short and honorable howl for the newly ranked fae.
* Rune was interested in what was to come for Kova, their Alpha wasting no time at the start of the meeting. Listening to Atraya explain the duties and responsibilities of a Delta to Kova, Rune couldnâ€™t think of a wolf more worthy of the title. Noticing a slight hitch in Kovaâ€™s step, Rune would attempt to check in on her after the meeting, should time and circumstances permit it. Hearing Kovaâ€™s acceptance of the offered
* Rune position, Runeâ€™s tail gently sweeps the ground behind her. At Atrayaâ€™s stomp and howl, she would lift her voice in congratulations as well.
* skydancer approaching the clearing she only pauses briefly before heading towards those gathered and quietly picks a spot
* CwnAnnwn tilted his head back as Kova was named Delta and let his voice join the others in congratulating the fae on her new role within the pack.
* Rook would be crossing the river when Kova was called up to the stone and would have all but missed the question offered her as he shook himself free of the water weighing him down. He was far enough removed from the meeting to have been afforded the action without being an obnoxious distraction, but he would soon slip in just in time to hear the congratulations given to Kova for an
* Rook official cutÂ»Â»
<Rook> contÂ»Â» Delta title. He could not help but momentarily think of Ayaka before stamping his paw in the grass.
* Kova her heart would strumm and beat with the pride she felt for the role she was bestowed and those there to witness and support her. One she would uphold to the best of her core and being. To honor her pack but also, Ayaka as well. It was a mantle she too held and didn’t get to see through. She would keep her left paw risen from the earth before letting loose a howl in unison to her pack and family. If Rune took a moment to observe, she’d no doubt see that Kova did a half attempt job at caretaking herself, and wrapped some leaves in a grotesquely gaping wound. The result of a wolverines fierce bite. Someone get this fae some bubble wrap. When the howls would die down she would turn her frame and start to limp back to her place right to the left of the Alpha’s stone. A mantle her sisters would usually be seated but as she was absent, she would respectfully warm the seat.
* skydancer lifts her muzzle and joins in the chorus to congratulate kova with her promotion
* Atraya would allow the howls of congratulations ring true and high before the wilds would take their voices and carry them to the winds. She shifted her paws yet again, trying to get comfortable a top the warm stone. She would continue to ‘look out’ all the same before she would find Rune’s scent among the gathered. She would turn now to the fae’s direction, chuffing for Rune. “Rune, please come forward”
* Rune notices the arrival of two other wolves, Rook and Skydancer, glad that they had made it. She would be sure to greet everyone at the end of the meeting. As Kova makes her way back to her place, her limp was obvious to Rune now that she had noticed it. Her ears perk forward at the sound of her name being spoken from the height of Alpha Rock. Rising to her paws, she weaves between the wolves seated in front of her pausing before the large stone and Atraya upon it. â€œMy Alpha.â€ She says, dipping her head.
* Atraya would’ve heard Kova move to the left side and she dipped her head to her. She missed Shukie and as well, Ayaka. The mantle she hoped the fae would be at as well, but knew that Kova would honor that chosen path and follow in the paw steps as well and strong as Ayaka did. When Rune approached she dipped her head and offered to the fae. “Though the nights sometimes draw long enough for our »»
<Atraya> »» paths to cross on occassion, you have always shown great heart and dedication to this pack. To it’s wellbeing, and comfort. I would like to ask you Rune, do you still desire to join WolfSpirits?” her paws would shift only a little between her.
* Kova ears turned to Atraya then now to Rune as she would approach. Her tail would swing quickly behind her at the fae. She was fond of her and her abilities as a caretaker though she wasn’t properly put in the role. She took it up regardless. She would still herself and look now to Rune as Atraya asked of the fae her desires to still join their fold. Inwardly, she really hoped she still desired it. There was a brief moment to where she saw Rook gathered among the other wolves and her tail once more swung behind her in the brown grasses to his presence. She gave a dip of her head in his direction to acknowledge his arrival before turning then to Rune.
* CwnAnnwn perked and turned his gaze towards Rune as she was called forth. He watched the fae as she made her way towards the alpha rock, a smile playing upon his muzzle. He hoped to eventually get a chance to cath up with her, but knew she would most likely have other things to attend to after the meeting, so he would wait.
* Nightshade stepped careful to kova and nuzzled her “congratulations kova ” she said and would sit down to listening to meeting.
* Rune â€œI do, Atraya. My heart belongs to the WolfSpirits and it will always call me home. I would be honored to be welcomed back into the fold once again and to rejoin the pack.â€ It had been some time since she had last stood before Alpha Rock, but she was ready to return to the pack in full.
* Rune â€œI do, Atraya. My heart belongs to the WolfSpirits and it will always call me home. I would be honored to be welcomed back into the fold once again and to rejoin the pack.â€ It had been some time since she had last stood before Alpha Rock, but she was ready to return to the pack in full.
* Atraya tail would wave once at the mention of desiring to continue her journey in joining them again. The fae was dedicated and eager to always lend a paw to the wellbeing of the pack and she’d recognize that. “Your next step is to become an Assessment to the pack. You will learn further and more intricate our ways as you rejoin us from your previous place here. Though you are familiar, you will »»
<Atraya> »» grow with the new wolves who call this place home.” she paused for only a moment. “I also wish to extend another role to you, Rune. The pack has one caretaker, Kajika, but you have proven yourself well over that you are also versed in the herbal remedies of this world. This is a position we usually save for those who are of pack, but this will allow you to grow not only with your family, »»
<Atraya> »» but your role here. Would you accept the role as Caretaker in Training? To continue to learn and gain knowledge from your soon to be family? To garner knowlege from your mentor, Kajika?”
* Rune was shocked to hear the roles that had been offered to her. â€œI humbly accept your offer, Atraya, and I am greatly honored to be able to grow with the pack again and to learn from our Caretaker, Kajika.â€ It was a shame that Kajika was not here today, but she would certainly have to track him down now. She looked forward to learning from him and from all of those around her.
* skydancer head comes up just a little higher in surprise. both assessment and in training? that’s unusual even so she remains quiet and watches rune curiously for her reaction
* Atraya would give a slow nod of her head to Rune as she would offer to the rest “As all lay witness to Rune’s words and acceptance of her role here, I would like to proudly name Rune, Assessment to WolfSpirits and Caretaker in Training.” her paw came up to stomp!
* Kova an ear turned to the sound of another and when she would see Nightshade step closer she would give the fae a light nosing back in a ‘thank you’ before she resumed to pay attention to the meeting. She’d be sure to also greet the others. CwnAnnwn being one of them she hadn’t seen in sometime, but was glad he was present. Hearing Atraya’s final words on Rune’s advancement she smiled and would »»
<Kova> »» let loose a few chuffing barks for Rune, stomping her own paw as well! a role very well suited for the fae and she was proud of her.
* ChanServ sets mode: +h Rune
* CwnAnnwn was happy for Rune as she was named assessment and caretaker-in-training. Once more, his head tilted back and he let out a low howl for the fae.
* skydancer after atrayas final words she too lifts her muzzle and let’s out a congratulatory howl of her own
* Rune couldnâ€™t help but wag her tail at the howls of the others. â€œThank you, Atraya.â€ She says to the Alpha fae before dipping her head and departing from the space in front of Alpha Rock. There was nothing quite as wonderful as rising through the stages of joining the WolfSpirits. While walking back to her previous spot, she instead changes course to go sit beside Kova, hoping to eliminate the possibility of Rune not
* Rune catching her at the end of the meeting. She gently noses the Delta in greeting and congratulations.
* Rook sat back upon his haunches and listened attentively to the magnitude of changes that would affect the pack’s future. He was curious if he had missed a swell of numbers in his absence or if these familiar wolves were to be the spear head for new activity? Curious or not, he offered the fae a congratulatory stamp of his paw to the grass beneath him.
* Atraya when the encouragments and happy chuffs were made and silenced to the winds she would allow the air to settle before her attention drew ahead. As she tasted the winds once more she could smell her son among the gathered and it caused her to smile and the happiness to his presence caused a brisk wave of her tail. Her head dipped warmly in his direction before she turned to once more ‘look »»
<Atraya> »» ahead’. “Nightshade, please come forward.”
+ Nightshade stepped forward to the alpha as it was asked from her, “Yes alpha?” She asked and sat down.
* Kova would feel the presence of another and turned to see Rune. She would smile and nose the fae warmly in a greeting and offer to her congratulations as well. She was happy for the fae for both roles suited her very well and she was glad to know that there might be another caretaker in their fold. Something she seemed to personally need more and more of as of late. To bad Fenrir wouldn’t taste the souls she’d give. She turned then to Atraya and now Nightshade.
* Atraya would wait for the fae to acknowledge her and let her know she stepped forward before she would continue. “Nightshade, you had been absent for sometime but only recently returned back to our fold. You were a pledge with us and as well an Assessment, but I would like to ask you now, do you still desire to join WolfSpirits?” she’d weigh the fae’s answer carefully.
* CwnAnnwn draws his gaze away from Rune and Kova as Nightshade is called up next. He cannot remember if he had met the fae or not.
* skydancer as nightshade is called up she shifts her attention to the larger fea her ears drawn slightly forward with interest.
* Nightshade “Alpha Atraya, I like nothing more, I still desire to become one of the pack, I’m deeply sorry for my absence ” she responded to her question and continued “I want to say something more Alpha, if it’s okay”
* Atraya she would dip her head to Nightshade “Please, share” she would extend the invitation to the fae to offer more.
* Kova an ear turned to Nightshade now as she would request to offer more to the others. She would shift her weight a little, if only to keep it off her left leg as her gaze fell to the fae, curious to what she wanted to add.
* Nightshade turned her head to Shakira as she got permission from the alpha. ” Shakira, our last meeting wasn’t pleasant I’ve acted rude, disrespectful towards you, I want to apologize my behavior” and would look back at Alpha Atraya ” I’m also deeply sorry for the actions and would accept punishment for being disrespectful”.
* Atraya ‘s eyes fell ahead of her as she could gauge where Nightshade was standing based on the scents and when she offered her additional thoughts she would respond in kind. It was something she was not privileged to knowing or knew what transpired, but if the fae felt bad about her behavior to apologies, then, she’d accept it for what it was. “Punishment would entail knowing the full story, and be that I do not, and you are apologizing now means you are willing to accept that responsibility. For that I simply offer a thank you for your honesty and I hope any displeasure between you or anyone else can be settled; which I am sure they can be. I appreciate the honesty, Nightshade and no punishment is needed now.” she didn’t know the context of what she said or did to ‘warrant’ a »»
<Atraya> »» punishment, but if it was something they needed to discuss she would do so not at the open junction of a meeting but more privately. “As a pledge of the pack this is the time to search your soul and heart to ensure that WolfSpirits is the right home for you. Again I ask with this in mind, do you still wish to join?” she’d wait again for the fae to respond.
* Nightshade ” I’m sorry for my absence, I felt a little disconnected with the pack I’ll prove my loyalty and my stay, ” and sat down back await for alpha’s response and from everyone else”.
* Atraya would give a slow nod of her head to the fae. “I look forward to your presence, Nightshade. As you have offered your words and heart to the others, it is felt. You’ve made it known you desire to continue to join us, and so I would like to have the privillage of naming you a pledge of WolfSpirits. Welcome back Nightshade” her paw came up to stomp and she swung her tail once before it stilled.
* Kova ‘s tail swung behind her once as well upon the naming of Nightshade, their newest pledge. She was happy to see their pack growing once more and she couldn’t help but stomp a paw as well but her’s was a little… lopsided? She had to rise her good one up and then ‘hop’ it down on the ground before stilling. She was happy for the fae to return.
* CwnAnnwn despite not knowing the fae, lifted his muzzle as he had for the others and let out a howl of congratulations for her.
* skydancer takes note of kovas odd pawstomp even as she lifts her muzzle in concratulation for nightshade
* Rune wasnâ€™t sure what had transpired between Shakira and Nightshade, though it did not seem as if Atraya was going to ask the full story of her. The faeâ€™s responses puzzled Rune but her remorse seemed genuine. Regardless, it was Atrayaâ€™s judgement that she trusted so she raises her muzzle in a howl to Nightshade.
* Atraya there wasn’t much more on the agenda of her mind to offer just yet, besides the obvious thing that would be before them now. If anyone had even garnered a notice that was up to them, otherwise she’d remain silent on the matter for as long as she was able but observations would be as they would. There would be no hiding the light. She wanted the chance to offer the news to her son and »»
<Atraya> »» remaining daughter but whatever kept them to the wilds did so at it’s will. Time was a fickle thing. “Is there anything else anyone desires to bring up before I close the meeting and open it to a few stories?”
* Kova ‘s eyes fell between Nightshade and then to where Shakira had seated herself nearby. She tilted her head quietly in thought wondering if she could even recall what happened. Was she around? Hm, regardless the fae offered her apology and she felt that it should be enough; but she wasn’t the other fae. She turned then to Atraya and swung her tail at the mention of stories. She had prepared one »»
<Kova> »» for this afternoon’s telling and was hopeful she might be able to share it. But of course would wait to see who else wanted to offer their lore. A story for a story.
* CwnAnnwn turned his attention to Atraya as she asked if there was anything else. He contemplated making his request to rejoin the pack now, but felt that he had not yet earned right to begin the path to rejoin. So, he kept silent and would ask later and maybe begin the path the next meeting.
* Nightshade looked puzzled at the Atraya and asked ” sorry alpha Atraya, did you asked something?”
* Rook listened to this newer fae offer herself up to the pyre of sorts. He chuckled to himself at the thought of someone asking for punishment from his mother or from his father…ouch. He was happy to have avoided the drama that killed you slowly. It was much better to die from the drama that had the decency to kill you swiftly and…well…dramatically. The meeting would end without
* Rook objection, cutÂ»Â»
<Rook> contÂ»Â» and the call for a tale or two would be made. He too would wait…afterall, it was his schtick to offer a story for a story (copyright pending).
<Atraya> »»»( XD )«««
* CwnAnnwn had a change of heart, but Nightshade spoke up before he did. He would wait for the fae to finish before he would speak up.
* Atraya would shake her head to Nightshade; perhaps she had missed the question herself? She would offer in kind “Nae” she continued to ‘look’ out ahead of her towards the sound of Nightshade’s voice. “only what you already answered” she added.
* Rune did not have anything to add on the meetings front but at the mention of stories, she was intrigued. The ivory and russet fae could not remember the last time she had attended a Lore Night, it must have been some time ago. It was now that she would begin to think of something to share, she was not usually one to share but if there ever were a time, it was now. Both Nightshade and CwnAnnwn seem to stir at Atrayaâ€™s fin
* Rune al question and Rune looks to them, interested to hear what they would have to say.
* CwnAnnwn stood where up from where he sat and looked up to Atraya “I do have something that I would like to say.” The male would wait for the alpha faes acknowledgement before he would speak futher.
* Atraya there would be another voice added t othe fold but this one belonged to a wolf whom she hadn’t scented in sometime. She perked her ears forward and looked out across the ‘gathered’ smells before she would try to look in CwnAnnwn’s direction. Nightstalkers son. “Come forward CwnAnnwn and offer your thoughts.”
* Kova would turn between Nightshade and Atraya but then CwnAnnwn offered to speak. She would remain seated there but found that her right limb was starting to shake from having to bare her weight for as long as she had, but do it she would. She waited then for the male to offer his thoughts; it’s been a while sense she’d seen him to, but glad he was also back.
* CwnAnnwn bowed his head to the alpha fae before stepping past the others to close the rock. Once he reached the rock, he would speak “I wish to return to the pack that is my family and once more make this my home. I have been gone a long time and have not be as present as I should be since returning, so as such, I know I have not earned the chance to take that path at this time. I do wish
* CwnAnnwn to make my wish to rejoin my family known at this time so that when it is felt that I have earned it, I can start down the path.” He looked back at each wolf present for a moment before turning back to Atraya as he awaited her response.
* Rune â€™s attention would be drawn away from CwnAnnwn when she noticed the occasional tremble from Kova. Turning her head to look at the fae for a moment, she suspected the Delta wasnâ€™t fairing as well as she appeared to be. Shuffling closer to the silvery fae, she touches her own shoulder to Kovaâ€™s, offering it to be leaned against to hopefully alleviate some of the pressure she was currently placing on the injury.
* Atraya waited for CwnAnnwn to offer his words and as he spoke she was able to pick him out of the crowd of wolves nearby. She would listen to his request and offer a dip of her head. “I’m honored to hear that you desire to rejoin us again, CwnAnnwn. Your request has been heard and, would offer to extend that chance to rejoin us at the next meeting. It’ll allow your paws to settle more firmly »»
<Atraya> »» with us again and if you still desire it at the next meeting, it can be made so.” she said with a swing of her tail. It often made her think of Nightstalker. She had missed him dearly but felt a lot of his presence in CwnAnnwn. Lineage and lore.
* Kova felt the relief of Rune’s frame against her own and she’d feel a significant amount of weight being pressed against Rune, perhaps so much so she’d almost have to dig her paws into the soil to help be a stronger barrier. Her paw stopped shaking as the load of her frame was distrubited and she nosed Rune gratefully across her cheek. She was fond of the fae and her heart to the pack. It was there she returned her attention to Atraya and then CwnAnnwn. She swung her tail at the thought of another rejoining them, and was glad t ohear CwnAnnwn’s request.
* CwnAnnwn listened to her words and bowed his head to her “I look forward to being home once more, thank you”. He turned to make his way back to where he had been seated, he looked to Kova and Rune as he padded by them and nodded to them in silent greeting, his silver tail swaying gently behind him. He himself often thought of his father and though he wished to find him, he knew his father
* CwnAnnwn would rather he spend his time and energy with the pack that was both his birth home and his fathers home for so long. The pack was family as much as his father was, and now it was time to follow in his father’s paws and do his part for the pack.
<Rook> Ah, another male to steal away the annoyances of too many faes; another target for Calder’s name-asking quandaries. He was careful not to let on that he cared -too- much about what his mother said or how this played out. He did, afterall, have a fair bit in common with this one whether he knew of CwnAnnwn’s story or not.
* Rune is unbothered by Kovaâ€™s weight against her, relieved rather, that the fae was not straining as much to keep herself upright during the meeting. The Assessment was glad to hear that CwnAnnwn was looking to return to the pack, hopefully the next meeting would not be so distant in the future. Rune dips her head in greeting as he looks to herself and Kova before padding past them. It didnâ€™t seem like anyone else had so
* Rune mething to add to the meeting so Rune wondered who would share the first Lore. She had managed to come up with something and would be happy to share first, should the others not want to.
* Atraya ‘s head dipped towards CwnAnnwn’s direction and she continued to hold a smile. “Of course” It was there she would remain seated atop the rock. Her disproportionate frame would shift as she soaked up the warming sun. By now a lot of the areas of the clearing and wildlands were drying from the previous rain. As the matters of the meeting came to a close she would stomp a paw softly (Faolan™). “Thank you to those who attended the meeting and congratulations to those promotions. Now, I would like to open the gathering for some story telling”
* Kova when the offer to share a story was extended she would swing her tail and slowly begin to rise. She would nose Rune whom was seated just next to her before she would limp a few steps forward and pause. “I would love to share a story, my Alpha.” 6her eyes light but eager. She loved to share a story and hoped to gain another from one who where gathered. In all honesty she was still trying »»
<Kova> »» to recall a few that were lost to the darkness from her previous hunt snafoo with the Ram. The thing that won’t be named!
* Rune peers around at the others, none of which seemed too keen to share yet. When Kova hops a few steps forward, saying sheâ€™d like to share, the Russian fae remains prepared to rush forward to support the Delta if need be. For now, though, she was looking forward to hearing Kovaâ€™s Lore.
* CwnAnnwn turned back to face the alpah’s rock and once more settled upon his haunches, wrapping his tail about his hind paws. He would perk as Kova spoke up and approached the rock, listening to what the fae had to say.
* Atraya hearing Kova approached forward she would smile and dip her head allowing her to share.
Lore Night Begins
* Kova she began “This is an ancient story passed on from many generations and was told to me much in the same breath as I tell you now. Long ago there was a young wolf who was about to become an adult and it is told that he or she must obtain a charm or good medicine after having their ‘dream’. It is sometimes said a wolf will not eat or drink for days and only spend the time invoking the great mystery of »»
<Kova> »» the boon of a long life.” she would pause before she continued, standing now as she would mimic “padding” or walking the best she could with a limp leg.” After traveling great distances that wolf must choose a special place or spot to dream. It must be meaningful, but also, sometimes dangerous or equally uncomfortable places! Surrounding terrors impress themselves upon the mind, and even in »»
<Kova> »» slumber to add vividness to the dreams. However not all dreams are easily obtained!” She would strike the earth with a paw before her voice drew with eagerness. “The wolf’s father led their young one into the forest and pointed to a rocky cliff face where a golden eagle’s nest lay. “You must ascend and stay in that nest until you dream” said the father. There was only a moment shared more before »»
<Kova> »» the father left in order that the young wolf might reach the nest without coming too close to his conductor. Obediently the young wolf climbed and reached the nest. There to lay a top in hopes to find that dream. That boon for a good life. Days would go by and there was nothing but vast landscapes to observe, but on the fourth night the wolf was greeted by a terrible thunderstorm with lightning »»
<Kova> »» and furious wind. The wind would feel as if it rocked the very mountain cliff the nest clung to, daring to blow him off. The sounds were like screams. Terrified the wolf curled up and closed its eyes, unbeknown to it, sleep over took an exhausted frame. The young wolf was brought to darkness but soon, a small stream of light began to reflect in the distance. The veil began to peel away the »»
<Kova> »» shadows and reveal a beautiful landscape of green grasses, wild flowers and clear blue streams.” she would pause if only to allow that imagery to sink in for that moment until she continued. “The wolf would feel peace. In that moment of peace a lone figure began to approach the wolf not from the earth but the sky. A white raven. It circled the wolf a few times before landing with ease beside it. »»
<Kova> »» Something was obtained in its mouth and only a moment later would it be dropped to the ground. It would be a talon, small but recognizable. A raven talon.” she paused and would rise her bad paw up if only to extend her one claw out, hooking it like a talon. “The raven stared at the wolf and cawed. It was so loud to the wolf’s ears it felt so real, as if it shook its very frame inside and out. »»
<Kova> »» CAW! Again, the wolf felt it! It was like the dream started to become real, shaking the outside. CAW CCAWWW! It was there the young wolf was pulled from the dream and brought back to reality. The cawing mimicked the clacking of thunder as the storm began to leave the area. With this new found knowledge and new courage inspired upon the wolfs soul, the young wolf carefully descended the cliff »»
<Kova> »» face. Elated and filled with new found energy and purpose the wolf set out to find the trinket. Searching long and far until the wolf came upon a ravens carcass settled just at the banks of a stream that during the storm had flooded. The poor creature must’ve succumbed to the rising waters. It was a fledgling , unable to fly just yet to escape it’s demise. She would give pause now allowing the story to wash over before she’d continue.
* Kova her tail would swing behind her before stilling as she remained standing as she continued “It was a reminder to the wolf, a thoughtful one. Not only did he find his trinket, but insight into what it might mean to the wolf. To always appreciate the life you have for even as young as you are, you may not always have the chances to learn and grow. The wolf gave a moment of thought and »»
<Kova> »» honored the spirit of the raven before gingerly taking free a talon. The young wolf returned to it’s pack fulfilled and with a heart filled with purpose. The wolf would never be too far from the trinket (maybe that’s why those humans long past wore things around their necks to) and it is said this wolf lived a long and fulfilled life – searching for many more trinkets and precious things in life »»
<Kova> »» to hold close and dear.” she would slowly dip her head and smile, stomping a paw lightly as she would limp back over to her place and seat herself beside Rune, but this time she would lower down onto her stomach so as not to keep anymore weight on her limb then needed. Her hues cast long to the wolves present to see how it was received.
* Rook would ruminate on the talon for a moment, and he would not be able to contain a smirk of sorts at the thought of what Phoenix would call it… the gris gris. What a curious tradition. He would not linger too long in thought so as to miss the cue to deliver a grateful and approving stamp into the grass for a story well told.
* Atraya upon the ending tale she would remain seated and thoughtful. She swung her tail behind her before giving a few stompings of her paw towards the end of it. She would be encapsulated throughout the entire story and would admire the telling gestures to each motion of the lore. “Thank you for sharing, Kova. A fine story” she continued to look out across the gathered and allowed that moment »»
<Atraya> »» for reflection and thought as well. It would bring to her the stories her mother used to tell her of the native folk and their own backstory. Of trinkets. She often thought of her own trinkets, gifted to her by her mate. Ones she held very near and dear. A token of love and perhaps of dreams fulfilled to. “Does anyone else wish to share a story?”
* Kova she often thought of it’s meaning and the wolf who told it to her. A lesson woven into the thread of her story; sometimes one must climb heights and endure dangers for the things they long after and are willing to protect or hold onto. She thumped her tail once more before stilling and looked around the gathered to see whom might offer a piece of lore.
* Rune had seen many trinkets such as theses, perhaps one or two within the possession of other members of the pack. She had never thought to find one as she had always traveled so frequently. Perhaps now was the time? Rune wags and noses Kova upon her return, glad that she lowered herself to the ground completely. â€œIf I may, Atraya.â€
* Atraya would turn to Rune and smile nodding ‘Please’ she swung her tail once before she would remain seated.
* Kova would look to Atraya then to Rune as she offered to share. Oh! Wide eyes and curious paws would wiggle into the earth as she continued to settle in the moist grasses, waiting for Rune’s story.
* Rune rises to her paws and takes a few steps forward. â€œI will share the story of the Shamans from my home. It is brief but it is the wolfâ€™s personal journey to build upon it.â€ She pauses for a moment before beginning. â€œThe levels of our worlds are held together by a magnificent, intertwining tree. The Tree connects the spirit worlds and souls exist throughout them. The levels obey the laws and balance of nature, and
* Rune do not conform to the good or the evil. Upon the the Treeâ€™s birth, Wolves and the Birds were made the guides and keepers of these worlds, capable of becoming Shamans to save and heal souls. The first Shamans, one raven and one wolf, reached the Tree together. They traveled to the top of the Tree, where their task was to defeat and destroy an extra sun and moon, which were making the Tree too hot and cold. The raven
* Rune was turned to gold, to protect him from the cold of the moon. The wolf was turned to silver, to protect her from the heat of the sun. Successfully completing their tasks to protect all of the Treeâ€™s spirits, the raven and wolf returned to their worlds as Shamans, transformed. Each guide completes their own journey before returning to the earth as Shaman, venturing into the spirit worlds to guide the souls of those th
* Rune at walk the earth today.â€ Allowing the legend to take hold before continuing with a story. â€œA wolf I have known, the Elder, was a simple healer long before we ever met. One night he was approached by a mother who brought her pup. Something ailed the pup and the Elder tried all that was possible before being faced with a final option. Venturing into the three to save the pup, The Elder also became a Shaman, transfor
* Rune med after warding off the spirit Chil to rescue the captured soul of the pup, who had been trapped in the moon.â€
* Atraya ears would remain perked forward as she listened to the tale Rune would offer to the pack. She swung her tail before it stilled but as the end of the story drew her brows furrowed with concern. What of the pup? The mother? Did the elder find the pup’s soul? She would wait to see if it was truly the end of the story.
* Rune dips her head, signaling the end of her turn sharing. She had not spoken of the Elder among pack wolves before, but The Elder was the only shaman Rune had ever met and thus the only story she had ever heard. Taking a few steps back she sits beside Kova once more.
* CwnAnnwn listened to Kova’s story and nodded as she gave her explaination. He was reminded that he never had any stories passed down by his parent, his mother vanishing not long after he and his sisters born and his father busy. He shook the thoughts from his head as Rune stepped up and began her own story.
* Kova would swing her tail quickly behind her and when Rune indicated the story was to it’s end she would stomp a paw and let loose a few chuffs in the wake of it’s end. “What a great story, Rune.” she thought upon it’s meaning and the woven intricates of other worlds. It seemed the pack itself was touched by the very mysterious unknowns; she wondered how much truth to the tree and their world there might be? “Thank you Rune” she offered to her in a light but warm voice. Perhaps she’d inquire later to the potential Elder whom she spoke of.
* skydancer listens attentively to both tales ears swivels ever so slightly now and then when rune steps back she dips her muzzle gratefully at the larger wolf
<Rook> What another interesting tale. The structure of another world, not wholly apart from this one, told in the briefest of morsels was enough to make any collector salivate. They, being mortal, could only ever experience the physical manifestations of such places, he thought. They were, afterall, flesh, muscle, bone, and sinew. His mind raced through the parallels of connected stories before
<Rook> he cutÂ»Â»
<Rook> contÂ»Â» thought upon Ayaka and his father. There would be a time where his thoughts did not stray to them, but for now they could not stray from them.
* Atraya when it was clear the story had ended she would smile, stomping a paw as well glad to have heard the story shared and offered to the pack and those who would hear it. “Thank you Rune” she smiled. Her paw came to stomp down as the end was indicated. She’d wait now to see if there was one more story offered before the evening would be let loose to the wild wanderings. “Anyone else?”
* Kova would strumm her tail across the grass before stilling it. She cast long a glance to those wolves who where present to see if any others had a story to share before the day was cast to them.
* Rune knew that there was much more to the Elders rescue of the pup, arduous and challenging, than what she knew of the story. Unfortunately, she had been young when the story was first shared with her and didn’t give much thought to it but now, with Faolan and Ayaka elsewhere unknown to them, she wondered how much of what had been shared with her was possible. “Of course, I am glad to have shared.”
* Rook had a few stories at the ready, but he ultimately kept them to himself. He was happy to hear these stories, and he was happier to have heard them without the precondition of having to dole out the currency of his kind. Were there any others that would offer a free tale?
* Atraya there was much to think on and the inner weavings of both stories would strike a cord within her. Thought provoking and some what hopeful. She too thought of her mate and Ayaka’s role in their own veil. What part of the world did they really steward? There was still little to be known about the old crone and Morrigan, and what really played into their own stories. She would have risen to all »»
<Atraya> »» fours slowly before making her way off the Alpha’s rock now. Usually she’d land effortlessly in the grass but she’d be slightly off kilter. When no one expressed a desire to share further she’d simply dip her head gratefully. “Thank you Rune and Kova for sharing” she’d wait a moment longer to see if anyone else wanted to share.
* Kova tale waved slowly behind her before stilling. Seeing Rook once more among the fold of wolves she was happy to see him; it was the story she had shared with him that she some how couldn’t recall after her rock incident. Perhaps seeing him now would help jarr her memory. Bits and pieces came and went an inner frustration she tried to keep to herself as she was one who very much held stories to »»
<Kova> »» her heart. She gave a dip of her head to Atraya’s thanks before she’d wait to see if anyone else spoke up. “Of course Atraya. I live to share knowledge as well as gain it.”
* CwnAnnwn looked to the others to see if anyone else was going to share any stories. His tail swayed idly behind his frame as he waited.
* Rune dips her head. â€œI am happy to share what I can.â€ She says to Atraya, glad to have been given the chance to share and grateful that she was able to attend tonightâ€™s gatherings. As Atraya makes her way off the rock it would seem that no one else would have a story to share, she would greet them in a moment. Rune rises to her paws and moves towards Kova, as they had moved apart a little in the process of telling the
* Rune ir Lores. â€œKova, would you mind if I had a look at your leg.â€ It was obviously that the wound was uncomfortable but for now Rune did not know the extent of the damage.
* Rook remained perched within his little patch of grass to dry out from his crossing of the river. When no other volunteer came forward to offer a tale, he would rise and shake out the matts in his fur. He’d not depart just yet, sensing either correctly or not that a purpose held him here for a little while longer.
* Kova would watch Atraya come off the rock and give a knowing smile in the wake of her presence before turning then to Rune as she approached. She was a little embarassed about her ‘attempt’ at cleaning the wound. SHe did her best based on the what knowledge she had garnered from her previous injuries. “Of course” slowly she would remove her limb from beneath her other as she extended it out. »»
<Kova> »» It was some what loosely packed with leaves and other debris, but mint was made into a paste and applied. It by now had already begun to dry and flake off exposing a good chunk of her flesh missing. The female Wolverine had gotten a good bite to her for sure. In a humans world she would’ve been darted, sedated and stitched but alas, the wild was as it was. Wild. She didn’t complain however. »»
<Kova> »» “When you’re finished here you might want to check on Fianna. She received a pretty ferocious bite to her shoulder and frame. Then perhaps the Alpha.”she’d sense motion and turned to see Rook rise, she finally offered a chuff greeting to him having not been able to do so more properly before the meeting.