June 10th, 2020
Discussion on how to free the northern pass of a pesky cougar who’s lay claim to the valley. Calder has returned to offer help. No sign of the Alpha’s or Ayaka yet, but the pack devises a plan on how to deal with the problem at hand.
@Atraya @Ayaka @Fianna @Kova @Kwa`ani @Shakira @Shukie @Skydancer
Empty section. Edit page to add content here.
Empty section. Edit page to add content here.
Fenrir Raven Kamai Archibald Calder CwnAnnwn Ryker
Pack Meeting Begins
Shukie nodded to Kamai, “thank you, Kamai.” She’d noticed the interaction with skydancer and Calder. She’d hoped to put all at ease before such could occur. She was glad to see Calder shrug off the aggression. She watched as the others began to gather around, waiting. Perhaps she should have let Calder know he was welcome to partake of the impromptu meeting. In part she waited for Kova
* Shukie to come stand beside her as the Delta should do. “g’eve sis” giving her a brief nuzzle. “Kamai has placed a few rabbits over near the tree at it’s roots.” pausing briefly, “There is to be no annimosity or aggression towards Calder. I have given him permission to come and go as he pleases and is welcome here. In fact, he’s off to help keep an eye out for the cougar.” a long pause
* Shukie would ensure before she continued. “We go to seek our alphas and missing packmates. The last known path was this way, which the cougar blocks.” She looked now to Kova, “what news do you have from your investigations?” starting with her DeltaIT.
* skydancer watches the interaction between the two sisters then frowns at shukies announcement though she knows better than to question. evenso she won’t trust the brute so easily and she once again glances behind her trying futily to spot the black form against a dark backdrop at night. twitching her nose alertly and not just for untrustworthy brutes either she then turns her attention back forward. just in time to returns kovas gree
* Fianna would be sitting attentively, perking when Kova began speaking of their latest findings. She was reminded at last of her worry for Atraya. Could her mother see at all? Was she even alive? She would be vulnerable against the cougar should she try and return from that direction. She held her tongue for the time being, but how could they help Atraya if they had no idea where she was? She’d glance around at the
* Fianna cluster of females gathered, and settle against Kwa`ani some as she listened.
<Kova> »»»( cut sky: returns kovas gree- )«««
* skydancer greeting with a dip of her own muzzle.(end)
* Kwa`ani nodded tho those arriving and to Kamai for the hunting done. She waited for Shukie to continue and give instructions on what their next plan of attack will be. she whispered to Fianna, “ya got me good sister! I’ll be ready the next time.” her fur still damp and muddied from being trompled by Shukie. The mud blended in with her fur.
* Shakira found a spot near the edge of the group as a short meeting seemed to be taking place, remaining standing as she figured this would be a brief strategy planning and they would be off to chase the cougar out of their lands. She gave a quick nod or a nuzzle in greeting to any nearby, taking in the scents of the various pack members as well as the she-wolf she had just recently met, though a new scent came to her as
* Shakira well. Another intake of breath had her ruff standing on end, not a new scent; the scent of the male her and Skydancer had tracked a few months back, the one who had caused so much trouble for the pack. But with his scent lingering around, no more than minutes old, why was no one concerned about him being here? She thought this quietly to herself while scanning the area for any male wolves she didn’t find familiar, her ears tuned in to the words of the Beta.
* Shukie looked out to the others. “Does anyone know of another way to ascend adn avoid the cougar?” she looked around knowing many have wandered and investigated the territory over the years. “Calder indicated he knew not of another way to ascend on the path we’ve chosen. It might not even be the right direction.” she paused to give others time to comment glancing to the fae sisters.
* Shukie “I’m going to be blunt and i’m sure all have had similar thoughts. Our alphess is long missing and with her being blind she may have been killed, died in a fall or other hazard. We’ve no way of knowing. I have every faith in her abilities but realism must be taken into account as well.” her head drooped a bit as she spoke the last.
* Kova shook her muzzle slowly “THe only other way would take at least a near full day. Maybe half a morning? The great crossing to the far west of here, and go all the way around? but we’d have to go through the entire mountain’s pass / region.” she thought aloud. “The northern pass has always been the easiest way in and out.” she would nod slowly to Shukie’s words, the worry for their »»
<Kova> »» alphas evident, as well as Ayaka’s wellbeing. Where was she? What kept her so long.
* Kamai couldn’t think of another way through at the moment. she flattened her ears as she heard of atraya missing. she hoped all would be well. as kova told of another way she would look to shukie. yes it would be a backtrack and take more time but it wa s safer the na puma for sure
* Fianna felt herself shaking her head to deny Shukie’s blunt words, the initial question fading in the background of the horrid cloud that threatened to decend where she to acknowledg that her mother truly might never return. She forced her shaking head to still and though her muscles grew rigid she kept her eyes on Shukie. The beta was doing everything in her power to find Atraya, she knew. “Can we scale the rock at
* Fianna all? Or is it too sheer? I’d be willing to traverse some dangerous ground to find mother.” She spoke up.”I’m willing to give a cougar the boot too.” She knew it might sound desperate but she couldn’t yet find it in her to give up. “If we must go around, then let’s do so, but..” She looked to Kwa`ani with wide eyes, then back at Shukie. “Lead the pack to stay here if you must, if that’s the most logical decision,
* Fianna but.. I can’t just leave her…” Her voice sounded a bit tortured and she hated to allow her weakness to show.
* Kova would no doubt feel the emotions from both Fianna and Kwa`ani about their mother. She had hoped for the best for the fae, and that, whatever kept her for so long would do so for good reason. Ayaka to. She had to hold out hope for her sister. She missed her dearly and like the two daughters, she also was worried. For their sakes, she kept as strong as she could. Hope was a powerful thing. »»
<Kova> »» “I’m also in line with booting the cat out as well, if only to free our northern pass. Otherwise I say we send the swiftest wolves, two no more, to go around.”
* Kwa`ani gave a shake of her head to Shukie’s question, her head dropping low at the words spoken aloud that she’d tried her darndness to not even think. The beta was right to put things in perspective and what the possibilities were of finding her, let alone finding her alive. She stiffened noticibly. `was that why Shukie did all the promotions she had?` With a violent shake of her head,
* Kwa`ani “She is Â»Â»
<Kwa`ani> Â»Â» alive! We WILL find her!” there was not even a smidgeon of doubt in her vocals, her eyes going wide daring anyone to contradict her. “I will do what ever it takes.” As each spoke her head rose again, proud and daring.
* Shukie pondered the Delta’s suggestions. “A good idea Kova. Yet we are too few to take on the cougar and it would set us up for failure at best.” She glanced over her shoulder, “There is the pathway wherein we battled the bear. The earthshake dislodged some of the rocks and we could ascend there. Yet the problem remains..” pausing to gather her thoughts, “If this is the path Atraya took
* Shukie wherein the cougar has staked its claim, We must drive it off.”
* Kova would nod her head in agreement to Shukie’s suggestion. “Agreed” she rose a paw and lowered it to the earth. “I think our best action, agreed to Shukie’s, is to drive it out? The more wolves the better.”
* Shakira simply shook her head quietly in response to Shukies question, swallowing a lump that appeared in her throat at the thought of the Alphas being dead. They had so openly welcomed her into their pack, their family, Atraya especially had always been such a warm presence to her, like a second mother in a way. She remained silent as the others conversed, ready and willing to fight for her family if necessary.
* Kamai looked to shukie “i believe we can beat that cougar theres seven of us and one of him. im sure we might have a chance. if its the only way we can quickly find the alphess im all for it. i dont mind a tough climb. its worth a shot at least hopefully?” she said hoping she wasn’t speaking out of place.
* Kamai but kovas plan seemed a good one
* skydancer shakes her head slightly at shukies question none that usuable any way. any and all would take a lot of time. the two youngsters denials make her looks towards them with sympathy even though her own heart ached with the thought of having lost a great leader. at the mention of atraya potentially trying to get back past the now blocked path her blood runs cold. “considering the long odds..” she falls silent for a heart beat”i
* Kwa`ani nodded slowly to the beta’s decision. “I want everyone back!” her voice cracked a bit with emotion. She and Fianna had not had much training yet as guardians yet it was their responsibility. As her mind pushed out all the negative thoughts she spoke up, smiling to Kamai’s reaction. “How do you want to approach this?” thinking herself and perhaps Fiannal should lead off? or was it
* Kwa`ani better for Â»Â»
<Kwa`ani> Â»Â» the beta? or the delta with all her hunting and tracking experience. Realizing there were lots of options. She knew Kova and Shukie were the most battle experienced.
* Shukie nodded to skydancer sensing the conflicting emotions. “It is a danger to us regardless that it blocks the path we have decided upon for it just as easily can trapse down into our lands and begin hunting our prey and a long wolf would stand no chance against it. One way or another it needs to be driven off for our safety and not just that of any returning this way which have been
* Shukie missing.” she wanted everyone back. But it was her responsibility and her decision alone. “It is too close and needs to be driven off.”
* Kova she thought it was no easy task to come up with a viable solution, but she had strength and knew the pack did to. “I will stand with you Shukie” she gave a firm nod of her head, ready to move off and go chase that pesky cougar off.
* skydancer listens respectfully to shukies reply not entirely convinced it’s only one cougar so it still seems like an awful lot of risk for very little gain in her eyes but shukies section is and so she lowers her head in acceptance. “if that is your decision. I’m coming too. you’ll need every wolf you can get.” she says firmly.
* Shukie looked to each, “We are strong together.” she now determined who would start. “Kova, you are our best hunter and tracker. You’ve found it’s tracks, scent and its paths. I’d have you lead us.” She knew Shakira was also familiar with the cougar’s paths and scent yet had her hold back.” She noted skydancer’s skepticism which made her wonder if she wanted the alphas back or felt them
* Shukie not worth the pack’s possible injuries. She tossed those thoughts out. “I’ll follow with Shakira, then our two guardians. skydancer and Kamai will come behind incase the feline sneaks up from behind.” She worried for skydancer for the fae had a lame paw and several injuries now healed yet severe. Kamai she didn’t have any experience knowing the fae’s capabilities in an endeavor such as this. She gave Kova the nod to lead on.
* Fianna had fallen silent for a long while, listening to the other’s talk about what needed to be done as her mind still buzzed with Shukie’s words. She might not be coming back.. It threatened to shut her down but finally she found the strength to push aside her panic and focus again on the matter a hand. The pack’s safety. “I am ready and willing to bear the danger of the cougar. Whatever you decide, beta.” She offered
* Fianna with as calm of a tone as she could muster and a dip of her head. “Perhaps all us at once would surprise the cougar enough to overwhelm it and send it packing with less of a fight”
* Kamai nodded to the betas words and would stand up preparing to leave. she may have beena shy wolf but she had the strength and swiftness to hold her own. though she had rarely taken ona cougar with the pack so she wasn’t sure how it would act at seeing the wolves. still she was ready. if it meant getting the alpha and the other packmembers back as worth it