RP Log Begins
The cave remained dark and some what foreboding and the Myrkeer hadn’t meandered back for another visit either. What an unusual encounter and journey this has been indeed, but what was the reward at the end of this? Life lessons learned? Experiences gained for trust and love? Or was there some underlining this whole thing. Regardless the silence reigned over them within the cave except for the dripping of pockets of water, the musky smell of moss and the occasional clank of bone against stone.
* Kova would have been settled just near the streams edge to one of the pools that would have falling water descend into it’s depths. A low breath was given as her eyes narrowed against her reflection. Despite it being a cave she could still see fairly well within. She looked up to see who was around her.
* Fianna would be looking fairly ragged by now, her sides slightly thinner than before and her her eyes haunted. Despite this she’d taken pains to keep her fur groomed, and at least there was water to spake her thirst. For the time being she would be curled just near Atraya, trying not to fall asleep, for when she did she knew she would slip back into the dreams that haunted her.
* Atraya she would shift her tail slowly behind her in thought before rising to all fours from her rested place near the edge of the wall that held the chain against her will to be free. She would pause peering towards her daughter, Fianna. She nosed her gently “Fianna..” she whispered.
* Ayaka wouldn’t hear Atraya’s whisper to her daughter, for she was aways from the spot the Alphess remained chained. She kept her eyes on the cave beyond, her ears alert and her nose twitching. Despite how long it had been since anything had happened, she needed to remain vigilant, for who knew what might happen at NY moment?
* Calder whatever had kept him from the others did so with great care. The small token that he held within his jaws swung left and right as he would move with haste through the caverns to try and make it back to the others. There would be a different stride to his usual confident gait which caused his left side to dip down with great struggle before rising. There would be a low huff from within the confines of his throat as a growl escaped against the annoyance of movement but he had news to tell the pack.
* Fianna perked, lifting her head from where it had been resting across one of her paws. She’d been staring at the human torc baubble she’d found previously, wondering how such a thing came to be, when her mother spoke her name. She lifted her head and glanced toward the Alphess as she pushed up to a sitting position. “Do you need something mother?” She asked softly, honey gold hues glinting in the gloom
<Atraya> “Any news from the others on a key?” she said with a more desperate and parched throat. There was a lightness in her hues stil that held a great deal of hope.
* Fianna stood and moved closer to Atraya, licking the fae’s muzzle some and glancing toward the waterfalls around them. “No mama.. How can we possibly get it when it is so high? I think…” She looks at Ayaka in the distance, “Ayaka has been investigating but… I don’t know what she’s found.” She looked back at Atraya, eyes worried “Mama, have you had anything to drink?” She looked about for something to perhaps gather water in. A human trinket perhaps?
* Atraya would shake her muzzle slowly “not much but the cave water does fine.” she said in a low tone before looking to Fianna “Rally who you can and see if those gathered can reach the key?”
* Ayaka seemed to feel the eyes upon her momentarily, and glanced toward her Alphess and Fianna. When she realized they were awake and conversing she rose, stretched, and glanced around once more before perhaps spotting Kova and chuffing her way, before moving toward the other’s
* Kova saw Ayaka and would finally press her paws into the earth and rose quickly. She would follow after the fae and start towards Fianna and the Alpha. She would first brush her frame across Ayaka’s own lightly in greeting “Hello sister.” she said in low tones and perhaps caught wind of Atraya’s request.
* Fianna glanced around then, wondering if perhaps Kajika was there, or skydancer?
* Ayaka nosed Kova back, offering a tired smile as she made her way around a few rocks and stepped over some bones and other debris. Finally she reached the place where Fianna and Atraya were, and dipped her head low to the Alphess. “Atraya, while I have not found a way to get the key I have observed that there are many branchss, and the tree is large, some of the branches hang low and I wonder if perhaps, we can somehow climb it carefully. We will attempt it now, if it is your will and if you Kova, and Fianna are willing.
* Atraya would look to Ayaka and the desperation in her hues would no doubt speak louder then her words. “If you are able… we must try?”she said in lower tones. She wouldn’t willingly put her pack in harms way, but there was just something in the air she couldn’t shake.
* skydancer shifts slightly as she wakes before opening her eyes and looking about herself as the voices of her pack reach her ears. upon seeing everyone gathered near atraya she quickly rises and pads over her nail clicking softly against the hard rock beneath her paws.
* Fianna would be glad to see skydancer awake, for the more help the better. Something within her thrilled at the idea that the key they were after could indeed free her mother. Once she was loose of the chain, would they return to the territory? Or perhaps search for papa? Or the food source? So many questions but only one thing matter for now. Focusing she glanced at the other’s and nodded to them. “I am ready to do whatever is necessary of course”
* Kova listened to Ayaka’s words and gave a knowing nod to them both. She herself was ready and willing to tackle what needed to be done in order to ensure the freedom of their alpha. The freedom of their pack from yet another ‘task’. “I’m ready as well” she would say in a low tone that was still filled with eagerness.
* Ayaka would nose Fianna softly, then skydancer as well as the fae joined them. She hadn’t spoken with the smaller wolfess in some time and was glad to see her well. She wondered if Shukie had gotten. Around to asking skydancer to search for Calder but refrained from asking. Instead she nodded to Atraya and without further ado she would turn and make her way toward the cave system. She knew the way well by now. If they passed Kajika on the way she’d nose him and alert him of what the pack was heading to do. Hopefully the Mykeer would not choose that time to return.
* Fianna would nose Atraya once more before stepping forth and shaking her pelt as she followed Ayaka, afraid to be hopefully yet needing to be so, to keep out despair. She could hear the desperate tones in Atraya’s voice, and Calder had not returned to give them more information, so, it seemed the rescue would be up to them.
* Kajika ‘s frame would appear at the entrance to the cave, a silhouette only for a moment while his eyes adjusted to the light. When he could see again, he saw movement right about where Atraya was. It looked like she and several others were awake and after giving her some space to fully wake up, he was eager to actually get the chance to greet her. He made his way over, running up to the group and would sound out with a chuffed greeting through panting breaths as he made his way around, greeting everyone either with a nosing to their shoulder or noses. He wasn’t quite aware that they would be taking off again just yet, but with his motions and behavior, it didn’t look like he would be sitting down. He turned to see Ayaka as she started off with what looked like a destination in mind and he watched only for a moment before looking to see if the others would follow and if he should to. His tail still wagged to see them all gathered here that settings aside, it almost felt like things were how they should be.
* skydancer returns ayakas nosing with a brief toich of her own nose against the large fea shoulder realizing the other growing thinner which makes jer wonder about her own frame as she carried less reserve to begin with then the larger wolfs. just as ayaka moves off she spots kajika returning from another part of the cave system and wags banner briefly as the brutes chuffs,returning the nosing briefly before moving after ayaka.
* Kova would have made a mental note of all the wolves who where present and accounted for, for the most part, and when they all agreed to go along she would promptly turn on lithe paws and start off back towards the little sanctuary they had found. She would move with haste in her steps.
* Ayaka knew the path back to the cavern well for she had been there many times since they’d first found it, investigating the space and the tree. She would move on light paws, ever aware of things that could still be within the caves they didn’t wish to rouse, and she kept her senses open taking the paths as they came. As always, the sound of water guided her toward the peaceful haven and it was once they arrived they would see the tree, tall, ancient, and regal. This time she didn’t pause to admire it, but rather moved to where she’d seen the key before, glinting above. Then stopped to pint it out to Kajika and skydancer who had not seen it yet. “There it is.. Now to get it down. Any ideas? My own involve getting on one of the lowest branches and making our way up, but.. We are no the best of climbers.” Not like squirrels…
As the wolves made their way through the catacomb of winding stone and ice they would once more come upon the little sanctuary that Ayaka and Kova had come upon. Kajika as well would be familiar with this place as well after visiting and so far, it seemed nothing touched it to make a difference. There was something unknown here. Almost hard to touch with ones senses but there was something there. The trinket dangling from the edge of the top most branch within the gnarled tree would remain. It would glint every now and then from a small light source at the canopy of this open space.
The cave deer from earlier remained within the confines of the darkness as well, moving in and out as they pleased with no care or worry to predators. It would seem that they had taken residence here for sometime now and there was not much to worry in here. It would seem they where not phased by the wolves now standing in their domain. What about Myrkeer? Had he not taken a meal to them? What about the pile of bones within the main cavern? Who really knew.
* Kova once they reached the familiar cavern she would look around her slowly before she would look to Ayaka and then those who where gathered. “Sky is the smallest of all of us, maybe she should be some what at the end of the edge of the branch?” she looked to the others as she sauntered right up to the tree and rose a paw up and stood upon her haunches, peering at the glinting inviting object.
* Fianna had not been to the cavern before, and when they arrived she would move in with widened eyes, awe upon her features for with each new place they found it seemed some new beauty was unveiled. It was too bad that they had discovered this land w under such troubled circumstances. Shaking herself she eyed the deer beyond with a hungry eye, wondering why Ayaka and Kova had not yet hunted them. For now she tried to remain on task and stared up at the small trinket that was supposed this.. Key. “It sure is high…” She murmured.”If we climb., and fall, it would hurt.” But what else could they do? She stepped forward, “I can do it.” She offered.
* Fianna would speak the words in offer as she looked to skydancer, in case the fae did not want to. Kova was right though, she stood the best chance of not breaking a branch.
* Calder eventually crested through a small opening within the walls of the cavern to the north and slipped between the two waterfalls that fell into the main cavern. Perhaps close to where Myrkeer had disappeared. Once there he would immediately drop the token in his jaws and look to see who was around. There was one individual in which he sought after for first and foremost. Fianna’s scent is whom he sought now as he looked sharply around the cavern. Wondering who lingered still after he left. He hoped that none had moved off yet for there was still much to do. It seems he was to late for something as there was only one by themselves. His eyes fell upon Atraya still chained to the wall. He would nudge the little trinket next to a pile of bone before he started off towards her. There was determination in his steps as he would continue until he closed right onto her. “… you.” his tones where anything but formal or full of grateful intentions it would seem. Nothing akin to the tone he held with Fianna.
* skydancer as they approach the tree she keeps glancing toward not just beautiful cave but those relaxed deer, obviously nothing had hunted them for who knows how long. would even mykeer know such a thing. then ayakas words draw her attention to that strange little thing and studies the tree thoughtfully.” its very high, shame there is no birds about. “‘she says
* Atraya would have watched as the key hunting party took off on their short mission. Worry yet confidence stemmed in her eyes and she was just about to turn to start pacing when she would catch the glimpse of anothers shadow. “Well that was q-” her voice cut short as a lone figure emerged from the very darkness. She would narrow her hues to see who exactly it was. The scent and smell was familiar to her but only because it was still on Fianna’s coat. ” Calder, I presume?” she would say as-a-matter-of-factly like. She would stand her ground all the way up until he would get extremely close and her brows narrowed with warning.
<skydancer> thinking that even if opa raven or some such showed she had no food to share in return anyway. “I can certainly try.” pauses giving kova a look as the fea looks about ready to try and get up there herself. that odd sensation keeps putting jer of too constantly making jer want to look past her shoulder. was there ghosts, or spirits about? she’d never had any trouble detecting the ancient ones even before that one
<Atraya> There was nothin to disturb skydancer from going into the tree. Nor for any other wolf.
<Calder> He would slowly begin to circle Atraya knowing full well the range and extent of her movements. He would stop and look at her with his amber hues. Even his charm might be some what familiar to her. “It is.”he said with a low tone before he circled about before stopping just before her again. “Not set free yet. I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before your pack free’s you, then that’s when the fun can really begin.” he circled again. “will wait and see won’t we.”
* Ayaka nodded and nudged skydancer a bit. “If your balance is good, I found a place where you can get into the tree from a patch of rocks.. From there you’ll have to hop from limb to limb and get higher. Toss it down to one of us perhaps and take care. Go slow…” wouldn’t want one of her pack to injure themselves with a fall, but chances must be taken these days and she was anxious to return to Atraya.
* Atraya didn’t seem amused nor intimidated by his tones. She would simply let him be ‘mysterious’. She’d find out who he was and what he wanted soon enough, but for now she was focused on the horizon. She was no fool either and kept a careful eye upon Calder’s frame and gauged his intentions. wouldn’t want one of her pack to injure themselves with a fall, but chances must be taken these days and she was anxious to return to Atraya.
* Kajika was glad to finally at least get to see the Alpha up close, but it looked like the group heading out had an objective in mind and an extra set of eyes might prove to be helpful in this situation. And as they approached the tree, it didn’t look like anything had changed, or at least not upond first inspection, but he was determined to get a closer look. He circled around the tree sniffing at its bark repeatedly. The same deer still made their way around ignoring them as they had and so he would pay them little mind. He kept his distance from them but stayed within comfortable conversation range with those also looking for this item called a “key”. Hopefully he would know it when he saw it, the diagram still in his mind from when it was drawn out for them.
* Fianna would shift and glance between skydancer, Ayaka, and the others. Her paws kneaded the earth and she would prance in place a bit as she watched to see how skydancer would approach the problem. She too would worry about her mother, for only she and Kwaani had seen the great Mykeer. She had no knowledge that at that moment Calder circled her mother, as the circle drew closed.
* skydancer deciding to interfere with the pack. suppressibg a shudder at the memory she pads up to the tree. tilting her head ever so slightly she’s after all no cat nor bear so that climbing style just wont work. still she’d heard some tales on her travels and. “no worse then any other wolfs” she comments dryly looking about for which rocks ayaka meant and upon spotting a likely candidatr heads towards them. “don’t worry.” she offers ayaka in a bright tone,”it’s no jarder then a rock ledge and I do those often enough” hopping up onto the first rock she does her best to look confident no matter that she is definatly nervous about this. but she doesn’t want the other to worry anymore then they already do. carryfully testing the first branch she then hops onto it. as her hind paw slips a little she simply places it back on the branch, just like a the boulder field she reminds her thumping heart and taking a steadying breath she lowers her haunches almost sitting while also looking up at her next branch aand hop. slowly she makes her way up trying not to look down too much and keep careful mind of her hind paws. upon reaching the xorrect branch she makes her way toward that odd glittering thing mindfull off ech paw, not a natural thing at all but something she’d learned none the less. reaching with her nose she nudges the thing loose and then looks down her banner waving happily.
<Atraya> There would be no indication that the branches wouldn’t hold skydancer’s wait the further she climbed. Once she reached the designated branch, she would notice that it would start to jar up and down a bit but no sign of it breaking would be made.
<Calder> would walk around Atraya and smile before he would abandoned her for but a moment. He would walk to the bone pile, pick up the little satchel and would saunter back towars Atraya. He seated himself just out of knowing reach. He tussled the bag this way and that before opening it. His nose would disappear half way into the leathery satchel before producing a shiny silvery object. He grinned before setting it down. “Right your past wrongs and I will set you free…” his paw came upon the silvery object in his paw before sliding it under it.
The key would sway this way and that and the branches skydancer
was daringly on would start to creek in an uncomfortable way. The key spun around this way and that as if it where to fall and justttt as skydancer reached the branch she was on started to crack. The key would be moving around in a hard circle before finally being dislodged and falling from the tree upon the stone below.
Clank… clank CLUNK CLInkkkkkkkk clink clink clik. It went until it rested in a patch of moss. The key would be beautiful upon closer inspection with intricate designs.
* Kajika paused what he was doing to watch as Sky progressively got further and further out along the branch almost holding his breath as he watched her. His nose twitched nervously, possibly even for her as she seemed to be keeping her calm about it entirely. Out of all of them to do it though, the smaller wolf seemed to be the best option for doing something like this. He silently willed her on until she managed to push it from the edge of the branch and watched the shiny object fall down and land with a soft thud against the earth where he went to sniff at it curiously. This is what they had been after and it had been right above their noses?
* Fianna watched with baited breath as skydancer wound her way along the branch, hearing it creaking and cracking the further out the fae got. She caught her breath once when she was sure skydancer would fall, but the fae caught her foot and continued. When the key fell her heart leapt. They’d done it! She moved beside Kajika and sniffed at the key too. “Hurry.” She huffed, excitement growing. Would her mother be free soon? “Let’s get back now and see if it works.” She looked to Kova then, “do you know how to used these?”
* Kova saw the key drop and would pace quickly around as if to catch it. She would watch it fall but lost it amongst the darkness. She would look to Fianna and then bark chuff ‘Nice work skydancer!’ she called out and eagerly awaited their return.
* Ayaka would feel pride at how their pack worked to overcome all the obstacles in their path, and even as the key fell she would keep her eyes on skydancer until the fae should reach the ground safely if she did, Ayaka would nose her and smile. “Good work.” Then turn to nod at the others as she noted Kajika and Fianna peering at the key. “Fianna grab it and let’s go.”
* Atraya would narrow her eyes at Calder. What game was -he- playing. All the same… freedom was now important to her more then ever and so she rose to all fours, dragging the chain along before stopping in a seated position just before Calder. She stared at him with her silvery hues. “Set me free and maybe I’ll spare your life…” there was no flowery eloquence to her voice.
<Calder> Tipped an ear back as if it to lean into the winds of the caves. “Hm… seems as though your little party has made it.” he grinned and stood up on all fours before slipping the key forward. It would be harshly ground against stone and bone before he lifted his paw up and stared into Atraya’s eyes. “I will have your kin and your wrong doings will be undone. With that he would promptly turn on his paws and peer over his shoulder “He’s coming.” and with no other words to be shared he would leap off back towards the northern exit.
* Fianna glanced to Kova and then Kajika as Ayaka spoke. She didn’t mind carrying it, but, glancing at Kajika she smiled at him. “Do you wanna do the honors?” She asked quietly, turning and ready to get back to her mother!
* Atraya there was a darkness within her that only boiled at the right time and this would no doubt be one of those times. She shifted her gaze from the male to the key and back again. She took note of what ‘exit’ he took before she would place a paw on the key and wait for the others.
* Kajika backed away from the key giving Fianna the room to grab it in her jaws and would turn to follow the group back to where they left Atraya. It almost seemed wrong though that he should be the one to carry the key, but he wasn’t going to stand there and debate it. So he nodded and took another step forward, grasping the cool metal in between his teeth somewhat delicately and would turn to start back at a brisk trot to go see how this worked exactly.
* skydancer couldn’t stop swaying her banner and not because of the same excitement as the rest. not that she wanted to show any of that. but , she’s pretty sure that branches are not supposed to make noises.. so now to back up, sloowly and never mind the creeking and cracking
* Kova would smile and sway her tail – she would allow hm as well if he desired. It was there she turned on swift paws to make her way back towards the cavern but would no doubt wait for skydancer to make it down safely first.
Role Play Continued June 7th, 2019
* Fianna padded quickly and quietly back through the caverns, leading the other’s back toward her mother. It was easy to follow their scents as they only recently passed through the caves, b it the journey seemed long, as she took care to move silently and kept her senses alert. Ever since she’d peeled herself away from Atraya, having rarely left her side since she’d found the fae, she’d been anxious to return to her, hating the idea of something getting to her while she was gone. At the thought she picked up the pace, glancing back over her shoulder to see if Kajika[deTail], skydancer, Kova, and Ayaka were still on their way as well. The key… It HAD to work..
* Ayaka had waited until skydancer had made it back down the creaky tree limb and back to safe earth before turning to pad after Fianna and skydancer, perhaps walking beside Kova well. She felt the urgency of being so very close to their goal, and being free of the caves at last, yet she wouldn’t jeopardize anyone by being hasty. From the pace Fianna was setting it seemed she too wanted to be back, but Aya could see the restraint the fae held, and smiled a bit to herself at the maturity the younger fae was growing into.
* skydancer pads after fianna her banner swaying slightly in time with her padfalls as they make their way through the caverns and back to their alphes. would the glittering thing do as they hoped. would it be worth the huge risk she’d needed to take.. even if not she feels she couldn’t have done any diffrent. they have to try everything.
* Atraya would have no doubt thought about the conversation she had with the brute. Something didn’t sit with her with him but she kept to herself about it for now. What concerned her the most, however, was the idle and sure facted face he made about “her kin”. What did that mean? What context did he serve? A frustrated gruff escaped her just in time to see and hear the wolves returning from their venture.
* Fianna would continue on until they re-entered the cavern in which her mother was chained. She’d let out a light chuff to alert the fae as she moved in, but immediately she scented Calder as she approached. This made her perk and she glanced around for the brute eagerly, yet it seemed they had just missed him. Disappointment flickered through her a bit but she tucked it away and headed straight to Atraya to lick her cheek. “We got it!” She exclaimed with a satisfied nod. “Well, Sky dancer did. Mother. Was Calder here?” She glanced around again, wondering why he had gone.
* Ayaka would glance at Kajika from time to time as they made their way back, seeing him adjust his grip upon the item. When they reached the cavern and approacbed Atraya, she would slow a moment as she too caught scent of Calder’s recent path. Finding his frame no where in sight, her brow lowered, troubled what had been his business that would take him away so quickly? Had he harmed Atraya? Her gaze jerked to the lead fae and she’d pick up her pace to make sure as she drew closer it seemed all was well# but why had he come back, and why had he not stayed?
* Kova would be following behind all the others after she ensured skydancer got down from the tree safely. She would pause near the bone pile looking at the chain and then the key that was brought back.
* Atraya shifted her hues to Fianna as she appeared along with all the others. She dipped her head softly and smiled, tail waving “Excellent” she said with what excitment she could with her tired frame but it was clear in her eyes. She shifted her hues back to Fianna and then to Ayaka a moment longer. “He was.” she said with a some what netural tone. Not happy, not terribly sad. It was as it was but more pressing matters where at paw now. “Give your key a try.” she said. She had something to test now.
* skydancer almost before reaching the cave where atraya’s is held she catches the first hint that calder had been for a visit causing her lips to twitch showing the barest hint of teeth before she manages to gain control. upon reaching the alphess she sorely tempted to check the othr over just to make sure calder hadn’t done any harm. “did he cause any trouble?” she asks stretching her nose forwar and twitching it lightly trying to scent.
* Ayaka would nod at Atraya’s words to Fianna and glance between the others, the key, and finally to Kova. “Sis, do you have any memories about how this might work? How is the key to get Atraya out of that?” She’d seen the hole in the metal around the fae’s neck and now she figured it likely the key should go into it somehow… But then what? Was that enough to get her free? Was it somehow magical?
* Fianna nodded at her mother, understanding that pursuing the story of why Calder had come should wait until after her mother had been freed. Did she catch site of what he’d left? Something glinting near Atraya’s paw? As it was she focused on the key they’d brought and glanced at Kova as well as Ayaka asked the question. Perhaps Kova would know how it worked. “Someone should try it.” She murmured trying not to be impatient. As she waited her tongue flicked out to run around her muzzle as if in anticipation, an ear flicking absent mindedly as she se heard the drip dripping of the water on the cave walls.
* skydancer to scent if any harm has been done. “i’m sorry we should’ve left someone with you.” she apologizes looking pretty chagrinned with herself. the youngster has a point she knows and stares blankly at the key thing. “does anyone have an idea on how to use that thing?”.. she trails off sstuddying the chain while there seems to be a hole there it so tiny..
* Atraya would have lowered herself down now allowing better access to the thing about her neck. She would tilt her head this way and that to shuffle it before saying “There is a hole in this contraption. If you put the key into it and gently turn in a direction facing you then it should hopefully unlock?” she’d been locked before and watched the humans do it several times to those who where captured.
* Fianna waited no longer, as Atraya answered Ayaka’s question on how to work the key she bent down and picked the thing up gingerly between her jaws and moved close to Atraya as she lifted her head to give access to the contraption, her first try showed she’d grabbed it wrong a.mnd she set it down to readjust, trying not to be impatient with herself. Finally she got the key into the small hole and craned her neck to unlock it, trying first one way, then the other
* Atraya as Fianna would tilt her head this way and that she would find that almost immediately there was no give. It went into the hole fine, but there was no play afterwards. If she put any pressure upon it to turn and move it about, she would find it started to become almost fragile in her jaws with a potential of breaking. “Click click clakkk” the key went around in the hole but nothing. With a low sigh she would narrow her hues before slipping her paw forward with the harsh sound of metal on stone resounding therein. She lifted her paw up to reveal another key (LEGASP). “… try this one.”
* Kova would tilt her head as she took a step forward watching the whole process. She took mental notes of everything. How a key even works. She was amazed that her alpha even knew how this thing worked but as well, pity and heartbreak filled her own as she could only imagine what would happen to one who was chained like this.
* Fianna just stared at the new key with a look like.. Where the heck did this one come from!? She glanced between Atraya and the second key several times in befuddlement, then seemed to shake herself mentally dropping the useless key she grabbed up the one her mother had just revealed, this time more sure of how she ought to do it, and slipped it into the hole, trying the same technique as before, brows lowered in concentration.
* Ayaka watches the entire scene with anticipation, her paws shifting on the bone pile several times as she couldn’t help the movement. When the first key proved wrong, and Atraya revealed the other, Ayaka blinked, her brow raising. “Where did that one come from?” She asked, not voicing the second thought, had the Alphess had it the whole time? What was going on here?
* Kajika had watched as Fianna made an attempt to unlock the device and he blinked for a moment as the object that was underneath Atraya’s paw held the same glistening material that the key they had found held. Had someone maybe given it to her? With them looking this entire time, it was unlikely that she had possessed such a thing from the beginning, but he would silently watch as his tail swung back and forth anxiously as he watched Fia try again with this one.
* Atraya looked towards Ayaka before responding ‘Calder.’ was all she said. She kept her head steady allowing Fianna the chance to work the new key. As she would put the key in she would find that it was far more flush and inserted rather easily. When she flicked her head about, it would resist going left, but when she turned it right, it seemed to give way allowing her the chance to turn it around easily enough. How many turns would it take?
* Fianna would dedicate herself fully to the task, her concentration entirely upon the odd contraption holding her mother hostage and when she was foiled turning her head left a low exasperated rumble escaped her chest. Turning it right then, she had to release the key several times to renew her grip on it before turning it further. As long as it continued turning, she continued working at it, the silence around her thickening but for the scratching of metal on metal and the occasional shifting of bones.
* Atraya a few more twists of the key she would find that it finally ‘grabbed’ something and fell further into the hole before the chain would unclasp itself and fall with a loud clank to the ground. The chain would follow in suit, clanking in a snake like motion and sound as it would fall from her neck and slip back to the wall before stopping when there was no longer tension.
* skydancer ears droop a bit as the key doesn’t appear to work but then atraya reveals a second one and at the admission calder brought it a soft rumvle might b e heard from her chest. what was that brute up to, always playing games stringing them along. sure they have their alphess back and sure he playyed a part in it. she still doesn’t trust the strannge wolf.
* Kova would tilt her head confused as another key was produced. What on? She blinked but as soon as the clasp around Atraya’s neck fell free she would jump back a little and wave her tail quickly. “At last!” she proclaimed with great excitement.
As soon as the chain would drop to the ground with a loud resounding THUD/CLANK the following sounds would start to approach from behind the waterfall once more. It was almost as if by command the beast from within was stirred once more. Bone would be heard cracking and breaking beneath great weight as it lumbered forward. A low growl could be heard as if it was his natural tone of entrance.
Clank. Clinkclinkclink. Bones would once more be scattered across the floor until they hit another bone pile or stone and stopped.
* Kajika ‘s ears could barely hear a syllable, and the uttered words he had to read from Atraya’s moving muzzle but when put together, it sounded like she mouthed the word ‘Calder’ and Kajika glanced around for the male. So far everyone seemed to have mixed views on him from admiration to distrust, but Kajika? He only seemed to think that the male was working with them with only something to gain further down the line, but for now, he seemed to be offering more help than maybe he would get out of it. Or was he? Kajika wasn’t sure and his thoughts were broken when the chains were suddenly released and they were pulled back to the wall and Atraya looked to be free! But it didn’t look like they had much time to celebrate as a loud sound could be heard just from beyond the waterfall, a thunderous sound making his ears fold back against his head and stare in that direction with wide eyes and the bones seemed to shake across the ground as the earth beneath them shook.
* Ayaka ‘s elation would be short lived for as the chain rattled and clanked it’s way off of Atraya, the more ominous sounds of heavy foot falls were brought to her attention.. The shuffling scatter of bones that preceded the Mykeer’s arrival like heralds before a king. She stood to her full height and stepped to the front of the bone pile, protectively placing herself before Atraya and Fianna as the threat emerged felt a growl rumble free of her maw just at the sound, and a feeling of heavy foreboding fell upon her. Is this what Fia had faced alone?
* skydancer relief quickly turns to worry as a already too familiar sound reaches her ear causing her to jump and spin,with a low warning bark, toward the noise. “watch out guys.” she says moving foward to block mykeer from their newly freed alphess though how much any of them could against, that..
* Atraya there was a short lived celebration as the distinct sound of something lumbering their direction would resound against the otherwise tranquil fall of water near them. She growled low and promptly put herself before the other wolves and ensured that she would be facing whatever was about to appear. She couldn’t recall what or who had even taken her here, but, she wasn’t about to let her guard down.
* Kova the celebrations indeed where short lived and she felt her shoulder press against Ayaka’s and Kajika as she stood beside them, ready to defend their honor, their family, and their names should it come down to it. The crunching bone was familiar to her and she could only determine that it belonged to the lumbering beast from before. She felt her resolve not give, but in fact, tense with readiness.
* Fianna had time for a quick elated nuzzle to her mother’s ruff and cheek before the heralding of the Mykeer began, the thudding of mountainous paws and the sitter of frightened bones. She new it immediately, swallowing down the natural fear such ominous sounds elicited. As several pack tried to place themselves in front of her and her mother, she would push forward to face the gigantic bear beast once again, eyes glaring her challenge. Why had he returned?
The wolves didn’t have time to “escape” or get ready to stand their ground if that’s what they had initially planned and within a few moments later Myrkeer would emerge into view once more. He cleared his throat before a guttural voice resounded against the silence.
“I see you found the key. Now is the time to repay the rest of your debt Calder. “You…. this pack….. ” he paused as he narrowed his eyes to every wolf there before adding “… follow me”.
Whatever of the pack remained, he would call forth. His eyes where demanding and offered no suggestion for them to choose to go, but rather, something pulled them to go. As if it was some unspoken oath or duty to do so. A respect their ancestors.
Clank. Clinkclinkclink. Bones would once more be scattered across the floor until they hit another bone pile or stone and stopped.
* Kova would blink a few times as the bear emerged with, well, a demand to follow. Any wolf in their right mind wouldn’t budge but there was something….else. She couldn’t place it but something beyond her own trust and instinct tugged at her. Her eyes darted now to Atraya to see what she would do. She kept herself at the ready.
* Ayaka eyed the large lumbering bear with the white eye. Here was truly a legend. An ancient. Who were they, these small packmates of hers, and herself, to stand against something such as he? As the Mykeer spoke, Ayaka sent a wish to the skies she could not see, that it wouldn’t come to that. What debt was he speaking of? What had Calder gotten them into? Or was this older than Calder? Was the debt be spoke of a legend itself? Ayaka took a single moment to glance around at the others, her hues falling on Atraya, and if the Alphess should step forward to follow the bear, so would she, for indeed she felt the compulsion.
* skydancer bares her teeth at the ‘pull’ almost instinctively backing up a step, if such a thing would prove possible that is,as she remembers another force forcing her to do certain things. “why won’t you just tell us what is going on” she asks in such a tone as to make clear she’s demanding an answer.
* Fianna ‘s eyes widened as the Mykeer spoke, as if a tale were being spun right before her eyes. Her bedtime stories as a pup seemed to have been lacking, and this.. This was real. She took a deep breath, looking around as the bear seemed to speak to Calder, yet the brute wasn’t there how was he so tied to her pack, yet before this, she had never met him? Standing tall even as she felt something instinctively pulling her to follow the Mykeer, she held back, for her mother was free now, free again to be alphess.
* Atraya well wasn’t that a fine how do you do. She for one didn’t like demands. Especially from something she knew nothing about or of. But then again this was a reacquiring theme with WolfSpirits as of late. Again another decision to fall upon her shoulders and the weight of it all would momentarily cause her pause. She thought this through as thoroughly as she was able until she would stare up at the giant bear. There was something oddly familiar about this creature but she couldn’t quiet place it. Regardless an answer would be given after skydancer’s. “I’m one of honor as is my pack. We would repay debts that where known to us to repay. Riddles and confusing ‘hear say’ is not going to suffice to command me to follow you.” a low growl escaped her before she continued “However….I will entertain this notion if it gets us out of this cave. If it does… then I will follow.” first and foremost her pack would be at the forefront of her mind. She needed to get them out of this unknown cave and back into the wilds. If anything where to go south the could at least have a chance at escaping. She also felt that if they did not follow, this creature would tear them limb for limb.
* Nightshade would rise her frane from the cold stone ground where she rested, she shook her pelt clean and glanced around to observe every new detail and remembered again where she were. As she was fully awake she chuffed a greeting to who was nearby.
* Kova shifted her hues from Atraya then to Myrkeer. She would feel the anxiousness start to boil to the top of her frame before it subsided once she heard Atraya decided they would follow. She would hold her resolve before looking to all the others. The alternative would no doubt be fighting this very large bear. A low breath was expelled before she would wait to see if Atraya started to move and only then would she.
* Ayaka would keep her attention on the large bear as he turned to shuffle northward, rumbling his commands as he went. She looked to Atraya, listening to the fae’s words and agreeing wholeheartedly. They were honorable, but did not go blindly into the dark. She would stand firm beside the Alphess as she made her stand in demanding more from the beast before them, but she held a sort of respect in her frame as well, respect for the creature that could kill her in one blow. As nightshade would wake, no doubt she would see the Mykeer’s hulking firm before the wolves gathered upon the bone pile. But Ayaka did not respond to the other fae’s chuff.
* Fianna would say nothing, for she stood to back up Atraya and what had been said was sufficient. She desperately wanted to demand more of an explafrom the Mykeer about her father’s so called ashes, yet it seemed now was not the time. Now, was to face what lay before them. Why did the Mykeer want them to follow?
* Kajika watched with his ears erect and his fur on the brink of bristling but when none of the others moved forward, neither would he. His ears would then pin back in suspicion when Atraya spoke for all of them and he would agree with every word. But the last good meal they had was not within the time frame of them entering this cave and he didn’t want to push herself too much in recovering from the weird contraption however long she had been there. There was still strength there, enough to fight for her family but he wanted to see them all leave the cave on their own. Not to mention the strangeness of the ‘land’ they were in was enough for a tree to grow but nothing in terms of the flora that could be used to heal any injuries. Looking up at the bear, he wondered if a fight was unavoidable however since the only way he knew that led to these caves was the icy slide that they came in from. His eyes narrowed as he weighed the options in his head even if he knew the final decision wouldn’t be his to make.
* Nightshade was shocked of the appearance of a big beast who was standing in the front of her and everyone else. Her ears flattened and her tail was low, a thrill of fear was been felt through her whole body as she slowly walked a few steps backwards. ” is..is..this myrkeer, Ayaka? ” stunned by intensified fear she wasn’t sure anymore what their fate were. ” I’m scared. . . . . . ” she whimpers at the alpha female and who was there.
* Myrkeer would listen to Atraya’s words but give no credit or creed to it but simply turned on large paws and started off towards the caves exit.
* Atraya her eyes fell towards those who where gathered and she would seemingly give them all a knowing look of “Be on the look out. Don’t drop your gaurd”. Without another moment to loose, she would nudge Ayaka and whisper quickly “Have someone grab the keys.” and with that she moved off after Myrkeer.
* Ayaka nodded quickly to show she understood, Bending to the task herself since relaying the message would take longer. Gripping it between her jaws she scanned the other’s as she fell into line behind her alphess stepped lightly, eyes er alert and to the north but she would move just a step behind the Alphess once she xaugtu. As she passed Nightshade she would nod in answer to the fae’s question, gesturing for her to follow. It was normal to feel fear in the presence of such an immense beast.
* Nightshade still stunned and numbed by fear of the big bear didn’t understand what’s happening, be on the look out? Why was Atraya following him? She looked puzzled about the actions. ” I surely missed something.. what’s happening?” She asked confused ” I don’t get it… what does he want? ” as she saw that Ayaka turned around, she would follow loyal her with no doubt but still puzzled and complete confused.
* Kova when she watched Atraya start to go after the large bear she would take a slow breath before nodding, following after. She would look towards Nightshade “Come.. you’re safe.” she tried to reassure the fae that there where plenty of the pack there to help support her. To support one another. She saw Ayaka scoop up the key on the ground but turned to look at the key still lodged in the collar. She would swiftly move after it to pry it free from it’s hold. It was stubborn but a few twists of her head where made and she quickly moved after the others just before nearly tripping on the pouch Calder left on the ground the night prior. She would tilt her head at it before she would lower the key and then grabbed the pouch and key at the same time. She would walk to Kajika and nudge the male seemingly passing him the pouch.
* Kajika watched as the bear turned and started to walk off, seemingly unshaken with his almost unblinking stare. What do we have to lose? he thought to himself as he made his way forward after them. It seemed like Calder wasn’t with them now as he must have been before, but he doubted that the last time that he actually saw the male would be just that. So he focused on the darkness of the path that lay ahead, his light brown eyes adjusting to the low-light setting and seemed to reflect of what light there was up ahead as they followed their ‘host’ further into his lair. Since this was a part of the cave he hadn’t traveled into, his eyes were memorizing what details in the walls that he could in case they needed to return to this place that now felt more familiar and not nearly as foreboding. Just as he was starting forward alongside them, he noticed the particular pouch that he had seen Calder carrying around his neck. He wouldn’t be able to fasten it around himself like the male had done, possibly with practice, but he quickly bounded over to scoop it up closer to the heavier pouch side so that only the smallest amount of the string dangled between his front paws. He would also dip his head slightly in thanks to Kova for passing it off to him, a good find it was even if he hadn’t seen its contents before but it would still prove to be a good resource going forward.
* skydancer glowers after big lumbering bear as he totaly ignores not just her but atraya’s words. as the alphess moves forward after giving the warning she hesitates not at all willing to follow something thats capable of placing a compulsion on her. however the lead fea has a point. they have to get out of this cave system, somehow and so she too follows but lagging behind a bit so she is last in line.
As the wolves followed after the lumbering giant of a bear they would feel the sense of calm despite being face to face a very formidable foe. The pace kept would be that of purpose and so there was no short and slow jaunt. He would lead the pack through the winding corridor of stone and water. He knew this place as if he was made of it’s very essence.
Whether or not the pack trusted him would be up to them, of course, but so far he had led them not astray in his words. What where they even going to? For what? So many riddles surrounded this pack at so many junctions. Why did this one seem different? On and on they would go until they started up a large ice bridge that was illuminated by a light source up ahead. A way out. The smell of fresh air assaulted their noses as they continued to climb up and up until freedom was just over the horizon.
* Nightshade nodded at kova words and was slightly relaxed with her soothing words “I hope so ” and looked at Kajika sachets and smiled relieved ” ur right, aslong we do not challenge him.. but.. what if he leads to danger?” She chuffed while following ayaka Ayaka kova and who was walking that way.
* Fianna would take up the rear, feeling as if she wanted to be at the back to get a good look at things before it got a look at her. She admired her mother’s ability to assess the situation even after all she’d no doubt been through, even after being chained and u confort who knows how long, still she was wise and careful. Her her mother ever thrown herself to the wind? Surely it wasn’t just Fianna who the winds whispered to, goaded, prompted… She would follow quietly, watching the bear and her pack ahead as they moved onto an icy bride and freedom from the caves seemed bright on the horizon
* skydancer le opening everso slightly in a wolven grin. that thing could prove usefull or dangerous. depending on what is still in it. the thought spcertainly sobers her rather quickly even so she gives an enxouraging look toward fianna who seems to have joint her in the back.
* Kova would follow in line with Ayaka and kept her hues on the horizon and well aware of her surroundings. A low growl escaped her in thought before she stilled herself and continued with eager paws. Eventually they would reach the exit fairly easily enough and with no complications. The air was fresh and welcomed her with open paws! Oh it was nice. The bridge they where to cross however, was gnarled and unruley.
* Ayaka would flick an ear to Kova as they fae paced beside her after the bear, who seemed to have no doubts they would follow. That they ‘must’ follow. She was glad to see her sister had grabbed the other key, for perhaps it’s job was not done, as Ayaka had thought. But what did she know of keys? Did they open many things? She would steel her resolve and her bearing would show little of her hesitation in following now that the decision had been made. As the scenery would change and the expanse opened up into a bridge that.. Lead to a way out? Aya would scan the area to see if they were alone. did she scent Calder along their path?
* Kajika seemed to be the brightest at the discovery of the pouch that he now held up proudly and wanted nothing more than to use it to carry things. The winding path ahead looked almost unstable and he would make sure to cross it carefully. But was this it? Were they being let off the hook now, this debt hanging above their heads fully paid? As the air around them lightened up, his lungs would take in more of it as he took in their surroundings as well and he was more at ease about it, thinking more clearly than he felt like he ever had since he entered the cave what felt like several moons ago. They couldn’t make a break for it now, running around Myrkeer wouldn’t work if he took up the entire width of the bridge and anyone who might be too slow or last might not make it out without a few tufts of fur missing, even if the thought only crossed his mind for a moment. As he looked around, it looked like this would however be the only way forward as there were no other bridges or terrain high and level enough for even experienced goats to find a purchase.
* Nightshade looked around while they were entering a new area, as she investigated her surrounding her eyes felt on the icey bridges they were nearing, do they suppose to cross them over? It seem to be a bit unsafe for her. ” those bridges seems a bit fragile ” she grumbled while she followed.
<Fianna> as they left the cavern that had been home for the last week, would look for any way to leave markers for those who had not been present when the command from the Mykeer had been issued. Shukie their beta among them. She brushed her frame against anything and everything to leave her scent behind, tying to layer it over the Mykeer’s so the other’s would know they had followed. The story left in the cavern would no doubt confuse any left behind and yet sbe hoped they would follow.. As she looked to the Mykeer ahead she would catch skydancer’s encouraging gaze and nod to the fae, glad for it, as she continued to walk quietly along. As she moved, she kept watch for anything, and anyone, especially a certain ebony furred male.
* skydancer seeing the bridge like structure she pauses a moment and tilts her head briefly as it she takes in this apparent exit. but with the creatures previous words in mind she has the feeling it can’t be quite so simple. after giving a rub along a section of the caverns wall she walks after the others maybe walking a little faster to catch up but hurrying particularly as she makes sure nothing is sneaking up from behind especially
<Myrkeer> When all the wolves followed he would stop at the bridges edge and there peer down upon the wolves but mostly the alpha. “Remember the ruins in which you came upon before you even entered these caverns…” a question at first but it was an assumption he made. “That is where you are to go and that is where you must each bring a token of your soul.” his voice deep yet oddly soft. He turned towards the gathered wolves and waited until Fianna had appeared. IF she still wore the torc around her neck he would offer his tone light still “.. I see one has found one already.”
* Ayaka halted her paws when the Mykeer stopped ahead, wondering where the path they were on lead.. Did it perhaps take them back up above the icy slope? If indeed it the Mykeer spoke of the ruins they’d seen earlier the pack would need a way up. A way back. But what we’re these…tokens of their souls? Her gaze drifted to Fianna as the fae appeared, the Mykeer looking to the bauble around her neck. How was that a token of their soul.. Of Fianna’s soul? She didn’t understand and her brow would wrinkle in confusion, but she didn’t speak up, not yet. First she would look to Atraya, questions burdening her silvery hues.
* Atraya would continue to follow after Myrkeer and would pause at the bridge they now stood upon. She would let loose a low grumble but would remain calm for the most part. She would pause once they seemingly reached the bridge. She would tilt her head and look curiously towards the ruins ahead but the bridge to cross it made her slightly nervous. She turned to the rest of the pack and then back up to the Myrkeer. “Tokens. And what are we supposed to do once we ‘find’ them?”
* Nightshade listened what mykeer spoken to them, token of our soul? As she looked at Ayaka she questioned ” does he want us to sacrifice ourselves?” Not a single word was trusted but what did he mean. Making any commotion was bringing her in danger so she stayed quietly. Would they stay alive? What was been expected? All she wants is to leave asap this place.
* Fianna would eventually make it to where the other’s had halted to listen to the Mykeer. She shivered a bit at the words. And when the eyes turned to her, she stood firm and lifted her gaze to meet the great bear’s. Indeed, after she’d taken off the torc to appease Kwaani previously, she’d later tried it on again, feeling the item of some importance despite her sister’s misgivings. She’d forgotten to take it back off, and
* Fianna here she stood now. It was a piece of a soul? Surely not.. For until she’d found it she’d not seen it before. “Great bear how can this be tied to our souls?” She asked, braving the question, and what will happen when we leave them at the ruins? ” She added on after her mother asked her own questions.
<Myrkeer> He would smile ” Fetch them….. and I will make a promise to your pack.” and without warning a very large claw came down dangerously close to Atraya’s frame and anyone else who happened to be standing beside her. “.. that I nor Calders pack will not kill you all.” his tone and voice would threaten very much so the seriousness of their success.
* Kova didn’t like the sound of any of this. Why would they be doing this bear’s bidding? Was there some other motive to this? Some other means to an end of this? Why was their pack yet again involved in some mysterious ..thing. So many questions, so little answers. Perhaps this little side quest would provide those. She couldn’t help but feel her entire body tense when the bears paw came down with a trash towards her alphess and anyone nearby. She would almost leap but fained to do so.
* skydancer seeing the oversized bear stop she continues just a little longer closing the last of the distance separating her from the pack. at the creatures words though she tilts her head ever so slightly.”bring them to ruins.” she says in a quiet tone. “why there? what is so special about that place? she asks. “and what should we do once we get to the ruins?” she snaps her muzzle shut looks like her curiousity it is starting to run
* Ayaka had listened to all that was spoken, and the thing that seemed most important to her was what these things were, as Atraya had asked. “How will we know we’ve found these tokens?” She spoke up, flinching at the suddeness with which the paw came down. Certainly imminant death was nothing new on this adventure and she faced that particular thread with a mood of calm under pressure she’d had gotten better at since this trip
* Ayaka began.
* Nightshade was on a safe distance from the bear, safe enough that she wasn’t get injured by the slash of his claw. She saw how it was pulled down nearly the alphess and numbed all out, what in alphess name was this ? The threath the words everything what was been said.. an intense feeling of fear hit her body again and shivered.
<Myrkeer> “You will know..” he grinned. There was nothing more to say. They would either succeed or not. He gave the wolves no other moment of his time before turning and moving back from hence he came! It took but a few steps from this large beast to close the distance between himself and the cavern once more before he disappeared.
* Atraya would look to the Myrkeer the whole while and when his paw came swooping down in a threatful manner towards her own frame, she would tense just enough but didn’t seem to budge. As if some how she knew this great beast wouldn’t dare attempt such with her pack around. Regardless, she would entertain this and for good reason. She would let loose a low growl in an equal tone back “Touch my pack and it will be your last.” she turned to the rest of her family “Be still. Let us go to the ruins and see what things we can scavange for this beast.” she turned and awaited to see if thats what he wanted to hear well before he started to walk off. As soon as the bear was gone from sight she would promptly turn towards the pack and let loose a low grumble “We must entertain this for the time alloted. You will all go to the ruins and search for these trinkets. Fianna…” she called her forward “You need to make sure that Shukie finds you all. Please take another if you are able to make sure she knows where to go. I’m headed east. I will be a short time but look for me in 6 days time.” she would turn her frame and without much more of a question or answer to be given she had begun to start off at a sprint. She had -a lot- of ground to cover. Where was she going?? She was just freed and now, leaving the pack again.
Role Play Continued June 19th, 2019
For the wolves who are scattered all about: Depending on where each wolf left off, they would find themselves in the throws of another adventure. It was requested of them to find trinkets at the ruins. An exit was provided by Myrkeer that would have led them across a bridge to the ruins themselves. Whatever they would find, would be what they found. If they where still searching then perhaps they will come across something unique. Meanwhile in the depths of the caverns a few wolves have taken it upon themselves to scout about.
* Fianna paused as they moved quietly down the tunnel, her ears perking as the odd echoes of Kova’s responding howl reached them. They seemed to be coming from behind, further back down the tunnel. She nosed Ayaka, who seemed to have heard too. “Is that Kova?” She asked. Turning she watched in that direction, chuffing lightly again to offer a sense of their direction to the fae# for all the good it did in these tunnels.
* Kova heard the chuffing response of another and would feel her frame moving in that direction. She would hope that she wasn’t to late in catching up to them. A few moments passed and she rounded a familiar bend in the stone and ice within the caverns. Her voice echoed “Ayaka? Fianna? Is that you?”
* Ayaka nosed Fianna back and she too stopped and chuffed to Kova, glad to hear her sisters tones. At least she found them! Whenever Kova would come into view Ayaka would move forward, tail swinging to nuzzle her sister. “We’ll met Kova.” She would offer when the time was right. “We are looking for Shukie and Kwaani as the Alphess told us, hoping to bring them back to continue the search for our tokens. Have you found yours?” She asked.
* Kova would wave her tail quickly when she met up with Ayaka. She would nuzzle her softly “Hello!” she said with relief, happy to have finally run into another. “I haven’t yet.. but I dare not explore the ruins entirely by myself..” she would admit. Saftey in numbers was a wolf’s way. Her hues fell to Fianna and the trinket around her neck. She thought quietly to herself and wondered if this is what they where meant to find. “Any sign of Shukie or Kwa?”
<Calder> Whatever took the male so long to get back to the others would be whatever it was that took him. He held no sway to the fate in which he’s been given and so would move along it like a well braided stream. He had his own thoughts and mind but for now, played this game as long as it would. He would be within the western end of the ruins, digging and scowering through old and broken rubble. What was he looking for? A trinket to?
* kamaitachi would hear no response and would find th e scent of others going different ways. She would scent ayaka and others and would follow the scent hoping to meet up with them. Ahe didn’t want to get lost in these caverns
* Fianna would nose Kova softly in greeting, seeing the other’s eyes on the torc around her neck, she glanced down at it too. Shaking her head then she answered the fae’s question. “No.. I haven’t seen them, nor Calder, nor my mother..” Frustration pinched her tones but she held them steady. “We think these stone poles were left by Shukie and Kwaani though..for their scent is soft upon them and it seems something the beta would do. Perhaps she is scouting? I don’t know why they haven’t come back to the cavern…” She wondered if Calder had done something with them, given them some other task or… Maybe the Mykeer had done something? She shivered.
* Nightshade stopped in the front of a stairway made from stone, as she watched closer she would see that there was a bridge leading to a kind of cave. “Is this the ruin?” she mumbled in her own, the fact that she need to dig the cave out all by her own, made her a bit shivers. Carefull she stepped on the stairs and followed her way over the bridge, under her paws you could hear some cracking sounds. “How do i know what kind of token is linked to me?” she spoke to herself.
* Ayaka scuffed her foot along the pathway, thinking as Fianna spoke. She glanced back and forth between the others, then asked softly. “I know that Atraya wanted us to bring Shukie. Yet it seems that we also need to find our trinkets… I don’t know whimat should happen first, yet I wonder now if perhaps Shukie will have to find her own way back, following our scents perhaps..” She had though to find the beta by now, more
* Ayaka quickly than they had. Should they go back?
<Fianna> [[>>kamaitachi would find that Ayaka, Kova, and Fianna’s scents indeed where fairly recent through the bone pile cavern, and that they led back down into a series of cave tunnels…<<]]
* Atraya after finally reaching the rest of the pack the night prior she had taken refuge to the west just before making the final decent back into the ruined valley. She would not be alone, however, and the figure beside her would keep close for the old fae would have milky hues suggesting sight was lost to her long ago from something vicious. She would proceed with quick paws and without warning, she would lift her muzzle skyward and let loose a low, deep, and loud howl. She hoped her voice would project through the entire valley. Even the cavern. It would be a call of gathering to any and all lost WolfSpirits roaming around. She would be across the bridge standing just before the ruins.
* Kova looked between Fianna and Ayaka and before she could even offer a thought to her question she would hear a resounding howl. It reverberated off the cavern walls and hitting their fine tuned ears. She would turn her head quickly around to face the caverns exit. “Atraya?” her tail began to wave slowly and she returned a sharp gaze to Ayaka and Fianna, one of eagerness and will to heed the call. “Our alpha!” and without hesitation she began to make her way back. Surely their quest to find Shukie and Kwa would come together?
* kamaitachi followed the scents of the cars into the caverns. As she followed them, she would hear a howl of gathering from the alpha. She perked her ears and tried her best to follow the sound. She hoped she could follow it. But all the caverns echoed it around
<Calder> He lifted his head up promptly and narrowed his hues to the horizon when the heeded call was given to the skies. He grunted with displeasure “I’m loosing time…” and without another word he dove back into the pile of rubble and human pile of shiny things in search.
* skydancer dozing away at the ruins her head shoots uo awakened out of a sound sleep and with slightly quivering ear feom sheer excitement can it be?sshe listens only long enough to make sure before lifting her own hogher pitched voice in answer then leaps to her paws and rushes toward the summons.
* Fianna froze, the tones that echoed seemingly from over their heads and through the cavern walls and tunnels was one she knew well, despite the distance it traveled. She would chuff her excitement for she had looked to her mother’s coming every day since she was due to arrive. What had kept her? Despite her reluctance to leave her sister and beta to their own devices she would turn and start loping back the way they had come.
* Fianna Gone was her worry over keeping silent. Now was the time for haste! Unable to help herself she lifted her own muzzle and once again called out in a howling song. Glancing over her shoulder she looked to see if Kova and Ayaka would follow.
* Nightshade perked her ears when she heard the call of the wolf, “Alpha!” she said relieved and gained a bit trust again in herself, now following the sound of Atraya, she would place her paws further again on the bridge and continued her way, if other members are moving at the direction of it, they would find a scared wolf on the bridge.
* Ayaka gave Kova a nod, she too heard the tones calling! “It seems our decision has been made for us.” She said, and with a quick nose to Kova’s shoulder she would move off after Fianna, her paws easily and quickly traversing the stone and earthy ground back the way they had come. Faster this time they mocke they moved,* following their own scents back as well as knowing the way by heart now. Soon the bone pile cavern would come emerge in the gloom and she would hasten into it,. heading for the passage to the north that led back up top.
* Atraya stood and waited for hopefully the rest of her pack. She would see Nightshade first as the female was nearist the bridge. “Hello Nightshade… where are the others?” she called out in a low tone as she glanced behind the fae to see if there where other wolves who would heed the call.
* Kova continud along tehe path through the caverns and followed alongside Fianna and Ayaka. She would be glad to hear her alpha’s voice and only hoped that maybe their alpha male would be with her as well. She still worried for them both. Her steps would be quick in order to close that distance.
* kamaitachi saw the others rush past her and would follow them hoping they knew where they were going.
<Morrigan> Stood just beside Atraya with a light shoulder touch to keep her ‘balanced’. An ear turned this way and that but her nose wouldn’t lie to her. She picked up all the senses and smells that started to quickly assault her. Every direction it seemed. There would be a very hushed “hmmm” sound as if she was waiting for something in particular. But what?
* skydancer rushed along her chosen path until she can spot both, no all three wolfs and quickly moves to close the distance only slowing smoothly to a jog once she gets within a couple of lengths of the others. where she basicly ignore the other two to give atrayas muzzle. a few licks in greeting her banner waving betraying some of her excitement. showing jus
* Fianna took notice of kamaitachi as she moved through the bone pile cavern and into the pathway beyond, moving at a Lipe still as if the Mykeer were on her tail! She gave a quick nod of greeting to kamaitachi but didn’t stop. Soon enough the group would see the bridge head. Fianna’s honey gold eyes would search the distance for any sign of her mother, as well as the other’s whom they’d left. Even though her hope of spotting
* Fianna Calder was slim, given how he’d been absent, still something caused her to search for him as well. Finally as her paws reached the bridge she slowed… Did they really know what was coming? Quickly she pushed the thought away and moved up on to the bridge, her paws skimming the swirls of snow that were left as she headed north, back to her mother.
* Nightshade was moving her way forwards to the end of the bridge and heard Atraya’s question “H-hello Alphess, If they heard your call.. I’m sure that they’re rushing towards to you, no doubt that they didn’t heard you”. For a moment she stopped at where she stood… A big giant bear was now next to their alphess.. her whole frame was filled with fear and didn’t dare to move further again, slowly she steps backwards and waited till
* Nightshade the rest might arive. “I…I don’t dare to move closer… ” she spoke with her ears flattened…
* Ayaka kept up the pace that Fianna set, fine with the quick tempo as the Alphess’s tones had seemed urgent enough – or had that been her imagination? The tones had been faint. Crossing the bridge now, she looked habitually for the Mykeer for it was him she’d last seen here. His frame was absent however and she took comfort in the fact. Perhaps they werent too late. Perhaps there was yet time to find their soul trinkets… And
* Ayaka maybe Atraya had more news. It was when she drew closer to t the other side of the bridge she began to scent the one who was not pack, and it only served to hurry her steps more.
* Atraya as she saw the wolves begin to gather she dipped her head softly and her tail began to wave. Good good, they where still well! It was as if a giant burden started to lift itself even just a little. She would bark howl in their direction as she saw she was in tow with Ayaka and Kova as well. Upon Nightshade’s words she tilted her head at the sudden fear? The wolf beside her would be all white and not a bear indeed. Maybe her old age gave off that feel? Regardless she would return her hues to the horizon waiting for everyone who ventured there to gather.
* Fianna finally crested the rise on the far side of the bridge and there, not far away was her mother, sillouhetted by the ruins in the background… But who was that at her side? A white wolf… She lifted her head, her russet fur of brown, black and cream rippling as she moved up the hill toward the group, she chuffed toward Atraya, her eyes lite with happiness at seeing the fae, and confusion. As she reached her mother she
* Fianna would halt a few feet away, unsure of the newcomer for she seemed familiar, yet… Her guard up she stopped. Waiting. “Welcome back mother.” She said softly. Did she catch Calders scent on the wind?
* Ayaka would move at Kova’s side as soon as they reached the opposite side of the bridge and Atraya came into view alongside another… Who was that? Ayaka’s ears perked and her eyes narrowed as she searched Atraya’s frame for sigsof further harm. Was this wolf what had kept the Alphess away? She too stopped, just beside Fianna and dipped her head low in respect to the Alphess.
* kamaitachi would see atraya and an old white wolf. “Alpha your free. What’s going On? Who is this” she said looking tocthe both of them as she reached the other side of the bridge
<Atraya> “Hello dear” she would say to Fianna nuzzling her promptly. She would remain still as the old white wolf next to her held her shoulder against her to ensure she didn’t loose her balance. “Where is your sister?” her tone seemed to hold a weight of worry within it. She would dip her head to Ayaka and nose the fae as well the others who happened to get near.
* Kova would be beside Fianna and Ayaka as she too approached. She made note of the wolves who had heeded the call and was glad they where finally able to be one again. She lowered herself down in respect to Atraya but her hues fell to the white, blind female beside her. Who was this? Her nose scented and sniffed now trying to discern just who it was.
* Nightshade chuffed at Ayaka, fianna and kamaitachi “thanks for not bumping me from the bridge” as she looked to their direction ” Who is that white wolf next to her” Is she just that small, or being ignored..how could they not have seen her. She tried to move slowly towards Atraya’s direction while her eyes are also focused on the white wolf.
* Fianna ‘s ears flicked back for a moment at her mother’s question for she felt she had failed in the task she’d been given. “I went back as you said, to find Shukie and Kwaani but, they have gone deeper into the tunnels, and we did not find them.. We also have found no more trinkets.” Lowering her head sbe cast her gaze down, eyeing the white wolf with milky eyes. “I’m sorry to have failed you mother. The Mykeer might return soon and we have nothing but this torc round my neck..”
* kamaitachi would nose at Ray and return but then would walk back across the bridge seeing Nightshade Frozen there and would knows her gently “What is everyone up ?” She said curiously “I think I missed something important?” She asked confusingly. Wolves were all spilt up
* Ayaka nosed Atraya back softly before stepping back out of the way. She glanced at Nightshade, nodding to her a moment in response, then looking at kamaitachi before her gaze slid back to her alphess and the white one. Rather than answering, she listened to Fianna speak, and waited for her Alphess to explain, for surely she would.
* Atraya gave a nod to Fianna’s words “She will return I am sure.” she said in confidence but still held a pound of worry. She would look towards the wolf beside her and then back to Fianna, shaking her head “Nonsense. You’ve failed at nothing.” her tone now lighter before she looked to the rest who where gathered. She slowly seated herself before letting loose a low breath. ‘Who here found a trinket?”
* Kova would have moved around Nightshade who was still occupying the bridge. She would have no doubt carefully walked aronud her but kept herself still respectfully low to her alpha. She would watch her carefully and frown lightly, shaking her muzzle in disapointment in herself. “Not I, Alphess.”
<Morrigan> Continued to listen intently to all the voices and scents that gathered quickly around her. She would let loose an old ‘grumpy grandmother’ grunt before she too seated herself. “You are missing one or two.” she leaned in and whispered to Atraya.
* Nightshade would try to find her courrage, courrage to continue her way to Atraya. huffing and puffing she shoked her pelt and stepped forward and neared now the rest who were already standing there. As she checked out Morrigan, she bowed her head to show respect.
* kamaitachi looked to atraya “What trinket are we looking for?” She said wondering what it could be.
* Ayaka shook her head as well, “I have found nothing either Alphess, I searched among the ruins some, but then I left to search for Shukie with Fianna.” She would wonder how much time was left to find them. “Shall we continue the search? I think only Fianna has one..”
* Nightshade “Trinket?..mm….I’m afraid that i’ve failed about that” she spoke sadly with disappointing tone.. “Not sure where to look at…” and placed herself between the rest.
* skydancer ears fold slightly back at the question and then simply shape her head. “not yet. alphess.” she admits in quiet tones
* Atraya as the wolves would begrudge and express their clear disappointment in not finding their trinkets she would promptly reply “Good.” she huffed ever so slowly with relief. She turned then towards Fianna “Fianna… remove yours and give it to The Morrigan..” her nose seemed to point towards the white wolf beside her. Her paws seemed to twitch only slightly as she awaited for her to do the task asked of her daughter.
* Kajika stepped down each of the strange and small platforms that he found just large enough for his paws before leaping down onto a larger version of one that extended out just longer than his frame. Whatever used to live in this place surely had a lot of these things to climb up just to see the view from the top of these things, but the view from the top was worth it. It would take him just a little while to make it back to the bottom where it would open up and offered several other places that he could go, but for now, the strange and sometimes winding ‘room’ that he found himself in was wide enough for one wolf to walk comfortably down, maybe two if they were walking shoulder to shoulder.
* Kova tilted her head in confusion when her alpha said “good”. Wait… where they not supposed to really find them? Or if they did, was it something bad? Or maybe good? She would feel the confusion well upon her visage as she looked around her equally so until she fell to Fianna’s own gaze. When she was asked to remove hers she couldn’t help but feel anxious at what would happen next.
<Atraya> Depending on where Kajika was in the cavern he might’ve heard a howl from Atraya calling to all her family members to heed her gathering howl.
* Fianna blinked at her mother’s simple “good.” For it threw into confusion all she thought she knew. Had the Mykeer mislead them? She trusted her mother more than any other though and so despite her own misgivings she would lower her neck and sit down, using one hind paw and a forepaw to hook the torc and pull it over her neck. As her mother had called the white fae the Morrigan she hesitated before handing over the torc, looking at Atraya once more. “Mother.. She burned out home.. Didn’t she? Why would we..” Her voice faded and she sighed, Bending her head to pick up the torc and placed it just at the morrigan’s paws, ears flicking back.
* skydancer looks a bit puzzled at the lead wolfs reaction but thwn her hackles jump straight up as the alphess drops That name. she has no good memories about that confrontaion. this promps her to keep a weary eye onthe Old Blind wolf. this is an ancient one she isnt entirely sure how much form might matter for one of those.
* Ayaka shifted uneasily as Fianna did as the Alphess asked, her own gaze watching the Morrigan like a hawk. Why was Atraya glad they’d not found the things the Mykeer had asked of them? So much confusion and twisting of stories, Ayaka felt muddled, glad at least one of their pack, the Alphess, knew of the lores to guide them.
<Morrigan> Would twitch her nose as she would find Fianna’s scent the strongest among them for her own reasons. She let loose a low, witchy sounding “Hmmmmmmmmmmm”. As soon as Fianna would lower it she would stand up quickly and place a paw upon Fianna’s own. She pressed a good a mount of weight onto her paw as if to hold her ‘down’ in that place. She leaned in quickly and narrowed her milky white eyes – dead eyes – but full of wisdom and mystery. It was as if she was stareing right at Fianna. “Careful child….. ” before Fianna could even react or retract her paw she lifted her own again and allowed Fianna freedom once more.
* Kajika turned his ears back quickly when he heard the sound of a howl. Some of the square pieces of stone had fallen away and he had passed a window that the sounds of a howl were able to be heard and he picked his way down the structure a little bit faster, prioritizing where he placed his paws. The howl was one that he hadn’t heard in what seemed like a long time but the familiarity with it was enough to draw out a sense of longing to get back to the rest of the Pack as they convened.
* Nightshade watched carefully what was going on and her ears perked when she heard fianna about the happening of our packlands, “AH..I remember!.. Is it her? her activities?” she asked at skydancer when she focused on what would happen more. The eyes of the white wolf were milkey, she wouldn’t be suprised if Morrigan was one of Calder’s pack, both of them had something mysterious around them…but also something shady. Confused by the words of Atraya and by what morrigan said, she awaits their actions.
* kamaitachi watched as fianna walked forwards “what’s a morrigan” she said confused. “Is she bad?” She looked to nightshade beside her
* Fianna only had time to register the Morrigan move as her paw crushed down on Fianna’s. Her heart thudded for a few extended moments as she heard the whispered murmurs, eerie and foreboding. Why the warning? Her ears flicked and she held back a snarl of her own, stepping back quickly as soon as her paw was freed. She narrowed her eyes at the old fae for a long moment. “What is the torc to you? ” She asked softly, looking to
* Fianna Atraya then, “What is going on?” Despite hr struggle to remain neutral the frustration would be evident in Fianna’s tones.
* Atraya ‘s body twitched visibly when the old wolf would reach a paw and stomp upon Fianna’s own. Her hues narrowed and her lip even curled but she didn’t flinch nor move. Seeing her remove her paw as quickly as she stomped upon it she would lower her muzzle and grab the torc and quickly throw it around the old wolf’s neck, maybe a little more “forceful” then she really could have. She quickly addressed the rest of the wolves. There was good reason she thought for them not to find the trinkets. “Has anyone seen or heard from the Myrkeer? Or Calder?” her hues fell to all the wolves before she settled them on Fianna’s own. She seemed to hold off answering her questions just for now.
* Kova flinched as soon as the old wolf held a paw to Fianna’s own in a some what dominate manner. She had to resist the urge to lunge towards her in defense but when Atraya asked for answers of either the bear or the wolf she simply stated “Nothing sense the night you where freed.”
* kamaitachi “all I know is i don’t trust Calder and we met mykeer I think” she said answering the alpha
* Ayaka would take a half step forward late or not as the white fae stomped on Fianna’s paw, her muscles bunching as she tensed. She didn’t move more than that though and as Kova answered Atraya’s question she nodded in agreement. “Nothing.” She echoed. Her gaze slid back to the torc upon the morrigan’s neck now, watching the fae as if she expected more aggression at any moment.
* Fianna ‘s torc now upon the morrigan’s own neck, Fianna would only momentarily feel ‘bereft’ of the pretty trinket, for truly she wasn’t sure she wanted it anymore if there was so much confusion and mystery surrounding these so called soul trinkets that it would be better not to have one upon her. Her eyes kept returning to the morrigan’s old wise hues, her own golden ones losing themselves within the milky depths. Why had the old fae looked at her that way? She held back a shiver, stepping once, back beside Ayaka and Kova.
<Morrigan> As soon as the torc was placed upon her neck she slowly began to rise. Unsteady and shaky legs tried their best to lift the fraile body up and eventually they would, but perhaps showed ‘extra’ weight unseen in her struggle to stand. Milky white eyes would continue to stare out into what seemed like “nothingness”. “Find him we must….” she gazed out into the horizon “Before he does.”
* Ayaka stared at the wisened old fae, “find who?” She asked, slightly more sharply than she’d intended. “Calder? That brute vanishes into the winds and only seems to be found when he wants to be..” She murmured, in almost grumpy tones. She wondered if Shukie had been searching for the dark pelted brute.
* Kajika finally made it down to the bottom of the strange structure, now able to extend his stride out to a run. Within moments, he left the castle behind, his tail streaming behind him and his mind set on finding the source of the howl and aiding in whatever way he could. The pouch he carried from his jaws was empty but he was sure that his ability to help in dealing with wounds and illness wouldn’t be the only thing he would bring to the table. Â«end
* Fianna shifted at the words that next issued from the morrigan’s maw. “Is Calder in trouble?” She asked quietly, then paused, trying to keep the concern out of her tones, as if she were merely asking out of curiosity, “is Calder himself trouble?”
* Atraya shook her muzzle to her daughter “I do not know yet, but we must find him.” she responded with a ‘matter of fact’ tone. There was much she herself didn’t know but the urgency in her tones to find them seemed evident. As well as finding her offspring, maybe even her mate in all this. “From now on we stay as a group as best we can…”
<Morrigan> Stood there while all the wolves judged her for this and that. Oh how to be young again, she thought. The world seemed so black and white sometimes. No understanding of a life long lived and what promises where made to ensure that life kept going. She would continue to stare out and when all the others responded in kind she once more offered “I sense one among you keen to the art of herbs… will that one step up to me please…” milky eyes stared blankly out at the group.
* Ayaka found herself wondering about the politeness with which the Morrigan seemed to now speak, even as she knew the fae to be referenceinf Kajika. She glanced around, not seeing the brute at first, had he returned? She was glad to see him if so, for upon their return she’d not marked his presence.
* Fianna dipped her head to her mother, nodding her head. “Has anyone searched the ruins completely?” She asked, stepping around the white fae to stand on her mother’s other side, nosing her again as if checking to see if the fae was okay. After all, the Alphess had been chained for some time, and then gone on a journey. She was worried about her mother but she didn’t comment for now. “I will go search…” She offered, but she didn’t move off yet, mindful of her mother’s instruction to stay as a group.
* Kova tilted her head towards the direction of Morrigan and then to her alpha. She would find the request rather odd but she couldn’t help but find her eyes falling now to Kajika?
* Kajika chose to travel down the slope, picking his spots that he landed carefully and slid down the rest. It was then that he was now on level ground that he was able to see a gathering of several forms not too far off that he changed his trajectory slightly to meet them. He was a little out of breath when he arrived, but only panting as the sound of the snow crunching rapidly under his paws. He would have chuffed ahead of time, but what he carried would limit how loud he would be able to make it, and he wasn’t stopping now. He did slow down once he got to the group, glancing around to see those that were there and a puzzled look crossed his features for a moment as he saw a figure that he hadn’t seen in what seemed like a very long time. Without acting out of turn, he placed his pouch down and would nose those nearest to him warmly, even if he couldn’t help but cast glances out of the corner of his eyes to look at one in particular.
* kamaitachi didn’t know what to think of this wolf near the alpha bit staying together was a good idea. She wondered about this morrigan wolf. She wasn’t scared but the rest of the pack seemed to be
<Calder> Continued to search for said trinket but with no success he knew he was running out of time. His paws came across the edges of some more shiny coins as he pushed them aside until he felt his claw catch something. Digging through the rubble and coin he came across a silvery object that still held its sheen from years and years being buried and untouched by the weather. He investigated it carefully to ensure it was a match.
<Morrigan> “Well..” she would scoff towards the air as Kajika’s scent seemed to woft to her. “Come forth, healer.”
* Kajika aside from being the most recent one to arrive and greeting those closest to him when he arrived, he didn’t draw attention to himself just yet. But he couldn’t melt away now. As he felt the Morrigan now looking at him, he averted his own eyes and when he did allow himself to look at her again, it was not one of challenge when he first met this entity. When he was told to step forward, he only glanced around once before his attention focused solely on the white wolf. He didn’t have to be told twice and he stilled his tail but didn’t want to appear any extra bold or overconfident but just did as he was told in stepping forward. “Yes?” he asked in a low tone.
* Atraya would look to Kajika and the Morrigan before her hues fell to her daughter, now addressing her willingness to go head long into the fray to find the bear or Calder. “The rest of you, come with me. We hunt bear this evening…” slowly she rose to all fours before she would wait for the rest to gather. “We do this together.” in reality she wanted to keep Fianna and the others as close to her as possible.
* Ayaka would have nosed Kajika as he approached, glad he’d returned safely, then turned her attention to watch him, wondering what the white wolf would want of him. She held her muscles at the ready, just in case. Fear was not what kamaitachi might be seeing, but watchfulness, and a readiness to to what must be done.
<Morrigan> Shifted her paws and when Atraya spoke of leaving she would simply smile. “Come child.” was all she offered Kajika before she turned and pointed her entire body in the direction of the ruins. “Guide me there.” would he follow?
* kamaitachi would pad forwards as atraya would move off. She wanted this to be done with
* Ayaka ‘s stomach rumbled at the word hunt, which was silly considering their quarry, and the hilarious idea they could kill it, not that that was even the plan but perhaps her stomach was hallucinating? Regardless she lowered her head to Atraya and moved after the fae as soon as she would step forth. “He left back over the bridge last I saw..” She offered.”Perhaps the Mykeer is within the caves?” then paused as it suddenly seemed they were to leave Kajika in the sole company of the Morrigan. She felt a twinge of worry and her gaze would meet his a moment if possible. “Be careful Kaji.” She said, moving to nose him once. “I don’t know if she can be trusted…” She whispered.
* Kova would look between Ayaka, Fianna, her alpha, kamaitachi and the rest. She would tilt her head at the old wolf’s request for Kajika’s presence but would leave that for later. She turned then to Ayaka and nosed her “I hope Shukie shows soon..” she admitted before preparing to move.
* Fianna too would glance between Kajika, Morrigan, and the others before moving to walk beside Atraya. She narrowed her eyes as she thought of the Mykeer, dipping her head to her mother. “I am ready.” She answered, having faced the large bear alone before, she truly was. It was time to get some answers, she hoped. Heard Kova’s words and nodded as well, “and Kwaani..” She added softly, worry for her sister heavy upon her heart.
* Kajika blinked in surprise and looked ahead in the direction that the Morrigan pointed out as it was the same direction that he had just came from. She wants to go back there? he thought to himself. How strange indeed. But it didn’t look like she was going to negotiate and he decided to take her words to the letter and lead her there rather than follow. It was an interesting take away from it, but he figured that if he was being asked to show off the ruins that he wouldn’t be guiding from behind the Morrigan. He simply nodded in acknowledgement to Ayaka, not daring to say anything that might be heard in close quarters such as this and he still wouldn’t be sure what all the Morrigan could hear with those ears. He picked up his pouch and with one notion over his shoulder, he offered just a few words of caution to the others. “Be careful everyone.” And despite himself, he found that he was smiling to ease the mood a little bit. He wasn’t sure what this all was about, and maybe that was a good thing in this case. He wouldn’t be leading blindly as he had spent days if not about a week in these ruins and if it came to it, he might be the best one suited to out maneuver the Morrigan through these deteriorating hallways.
<Morrigan> As soon as Kajika took to her side to guide her she would follow with ease. She has gotten along with her life for a as long as she has by herself so a guide was all the more helpful and useful in getting to where she needed to be faster. For good reason, of course. “Tell me… to whom does your knowledge stem from?”
* Atraya waited for each wolf to nod in agreement before she would turn and start off towards the direction of the icey bridge they used to cross over. She would hasten her steps and allowed Kajika to go off with the Morrigan. She would look towards kamaitachi and then all the others. “I need someone to go around to the front of the cave where you first entered and then meet us back in the bone pile room. Who wants this task?” she would ask while they moved.
* kamaitachi looked to her “I’ll do it alpha” she said stepping up she knew where to go
* Ayaka would be at the ready to move whenever Atraya headed off, and as the Alphess sent kamaitachi’s toward the caves front entrance she wondered if this were to keep the Mykeer’s from escape should he desire… But what could one wolf do? Perhaps it was to just have a voice there, should anyone be spotted. In any case it sounded like a good plan and she would nod to kamaitachi as the fae volunteered.
* Kajika as they made their way back to the ruins, he was careful to not get too far ahead or too far behind and found a nice, constant pace to match the Morrigan step for step. The question he was asked almost caught him off guard but it was one he had answered before and found ease in saying it again without hesitation. “I first picked up my knowledge of herbs with my littermates. It wasn’t much but it was enough for the injuries and small illnesses that we incurred in our own activities and rough games.” He reminisced fondly of those memories even if he spoke little of them. “It wasn’t until I left that group that I started finding new things and experimented more with familiar ones that helped me build the knowledge to be what I now know of a few things.” Sounding like he was boasting or otherwise bragging about it, he huffed lightly and looked on ahead at the formation that he still hardly knew anything about. “And yet through all of my traveling, all that I know now is that there is still more to be known about even more plants and herbs here.” It hadn’t occurred to him why the Morrigan asked the question, but he saw no harm in sharing this information and so he did.
* Fianna would be antsy, pacing slightly beside Atraya as she waited for the group to move off, after a moment she seemed to realize she was doing so and stilled her paws, pulling her posture up to wait silent and still. She constantly had to remind herself wisdom came with patience, and patience was slow to come, but she was gaining it little by little. She would wait for her mother’s word, and merely watched as kamaitachi would head off.
* Atraya looked towards the younger fae “Very well, make sure not to linger to long… we must hurry and meet in the middle. Report anything you find.” she responded back to her before she pressed forward ‘Ayaka, as previous huntress to this pack you are well versed in the animals behaviour. The deer you came across in the cave, do you think you might be able to scare them into the bone room?”
<Morrigan> Gave a low, grandma like grunt of her voice in thought as she listened to his words. “and have you brought anyone back from the dead?” a very blunt and odd question indeed, but her tones very serious. She matched Kajika’s own movements ensuring they would not stray from their path. Her nostrils flaring in and out.
* kamaitachi nodded and moved off towards the entrance of the caves. She kept her pace quick but her senses alert and would loom out for what she did not know but foe now all seemed ok
* Kova followed alongside Ayaka and Fianna as she would listen to her alpha’s request. She turned to Atraya and would then look ahead, recalling the group of deer they came across. She wondered in thought before the idea of what Atraya was suggesting hit her own thoughts. Brilliant, she thought. If they could press the animals through the caverns, perhaps they can scatter the bear out as well. The wolves can’t take a bear on their own but in multiple numbers they had a chance to at least persuade it? Right? He was big…
* Ayaka considered the Alphess’s question. “If they had acted like normal deer when we were there I would have said yes, but.. They didn’t seem concerned in the slightest about our presence. Still, with several of us showing aggression we could definitely try. They are deer after all, and the species has a healthy fear of predators.. Shall Kova and I attempt this? Perhaps with another as well?”
* Kajika looked at the Morrigan and for a moment he almost stopped. His eyes grew wide for just that amount of time and he shook his head. When he spoke, his voice was puzzled but there was also a new sense of curiosity in his voice. “I haven’t resurrected anyone and I didn’t think it possible. Is that something that you have done or that you are capable of doing?” He hadn’t been
exposed to anyone dying around him, but it would be something that he would view as some sort of ultimate achievement and would be a living, breathing testament of one’s skills as a healer. And there was so much that he didn’t know about the Morrigan that he had thought about since their last encounter. Did she once belong to a pack?
<Atraya> As the wolves moved through the snow and ice, they would come across the familiar bridge that would close the space between the cavern and ruins. Atraya would be quick to cross it with all the other wolves in tow. Her eyes focused on the caves entrance as she would look at all the edges before she entered. Her senses at high alert now as she would feel the darkness embrace her. “Be alert..” she warned them as they entered into the dark cavern.
* kamaitachi continued toc the front of the cave entrance. She didn’t know wht to expect but she did catch a scent of a wolf it smelt like Calder but she couldn’t be sure. Whatever it was, it was new to her
<Atraya> “just the two of you will have to do. I will keep to the shadows and help press them along once they reach the bigger cavern.” she added to Ayaka’s question.
* Ayaka nodded and nosed Kova, “ready to hunt with me again?” She asked, her eyes gleaming. Finally. A chance to hunt some true game. The goal was not to kill one, but still… She dipped her head low to her alphess then, and as they reached the bone cave, she would branch off down the cave pathway thy lead to the peaceful haven, knowing Kova would be right behind. She knew the way well by now and would make haste to find the
* Ayaka place.
* Fianna looked as Kova and Ayaka would branch off to complete their own tasks. Now it would be just herself, nightshade and her mother. She knew her mother was wise, and excitement over the plan grew within her as she kept her place just beside the Alphess. “Mother he is a large bear, how can we hope to intimidate him? What will we do when we find him?” She asked softly even as she moved lithely at Atraya’s side.
<Morrigan> Continued to move with a some what hurried pace for an elder wolf. To Kajika’s question she simply cackled “Oh my dear child… there is much I can do. You shall see.” as the conversation progressed perhaps Kajika didn’t realize they where already in the large open courtyard of the ruins. She stopped within the courtyard. She tipped her nose up, scenting the air. She hummmmmmed quietly to herself as if causing the air around them to vibrate even slightly. “There.” she pointed her nose to the east wall where what looked like an empty fountain lay. It was guarded by a wolf sculpture where at one point water poured from it’s gap jaws.
* Kova gave a nod of her head to Ayaka “Always!” she said with a low breath before she would quickly move along her and towards the open cavern where she recalled the deer to be. She ensured to be as silent as possible so as to keep that surprise.
<Atraya> As the wolves had moved around in the cavern kamaitachi would find there wasn’t much in the way of large bears but she might sense and feel the presence of another, maybe it was the deer? Atraya turned towards her daughter, Fianna, and nosed her lightly. “We will find a way. There is always a way. There has to be a way… there is no other choice” her nose came to brush along her crown softly as she watched the pair of hunters move off. “We must find a hiding spot in here” by now they reached the bone room and it was empty. “We will push them to that opening near the waterfall, where the Myrkeer left the last time.”
* kamaitachi wouldn’t find anything that would go with the scent and so she would pad into the entrance of the cave and head towards the pile of bones still keeping her senses alert for the slightest sound or scent
* Ayaka would make haste up until they moved into the peaceful cavern, already spotting the same deer with the odd eyes eating contentedly on the green and thriving vegetation within the cavern. “I’ll go right, you go left and we can get behind the group of deer before launching our efforts to send them back.the way we came?” She whispered to Kova. Wen Kova would acknowledge she would move off, easily falling into her usual slinking crouch that she would often use when hunting, her tail barely sweeping the earhy floor. Carefully crept into position,watching for Kova to be ready.
<Atraya> Kamaitachi would find that there was nothing unusual at all, except when she was getting closer towards the bone pile she might pick up a few smells of Calder, most recent of the day, and maybe a small tuft of hair that belonged to a bear. Other then that nothing else to report.
* Fianna would nod, scanning the area, searching for likely places, and her eyes fell on a dark corner where a few larger pieces of rubble and human debris seemed to litter the area. “Perhaps there?” She motioned, padding quickly toward it, she would look over her should at Atraya.
* kamaitachi would almost reach the cave of bones and noticed Calder scent but it was stale and as she looked she noticed hair. Padding up to it she recognized it as bear fur and would look around her. She couldn’t tell if it was fresh or not. It smelt fresh but she couldn’t be sure
* Kova followed after Ayaka’s movements and she would be in the “hunter” zone. She looked into the familiar cavern they first found the key and turned to Ayaka nodding. “Perfect.” she responded as she looked ahead. Just within the confines of the cavern there would be the same deer grazing and unaware of the impending ambush. She would wait for Ayaka’s signal.
* Kajika followed the direction that she pointed in and tilted his head slightly. As he looked at it, he noticed that the air felt different now than when he was just in here and his fur stood on end. “That thing? What about it?” he asked. It’s likeness to his kin had drawn his attention, but aside from snapping at the water, he wasn’t able to take anything away from its structure and had moved on. Sure it was strange that it still worked after all of these years, or was it something that the Morrigan was somehow breathing its own life into it?
<Morrigan> As Kajika would guide her to where the fountain used freely pour water into the basin below, the closer they would get he would find the sweet scent of water? Surely not? This fountain was centuries old and hadn’t functioned for so long until then, right? The closer they would get to the fountain he would find the scent even more inviting. “You have your pouch, right?” she asked in a quiet tone.
<Atraya> Kamaitachi would find nothing else of note and if she proceeded the darkness too would consume her. In no time at all she would most likely reach the small cavern where Ayaka and Kova where preparing to pounce on their prey. What would she do?
* Ayaka nodded to Kova, then centered her eyes on the deer, springing into action as she ran towards the closest cluster of them with a loud growl, ears erect, tail raised she hunched her shoulders and got as big as she could, flashing her white fangs at the deer as well. Anything to add the boost of fear to the deer right? For these were odd deer, yet she hoped they would run, for all their sakes..
* Kova would wait for Ayaka’s signal and watched the deer. When the time was right she would be ready. Her body coiled and ready as she felt the ebb and flow of her very soul tingle with anticipation. Ready…set … go. Jaws parted and teeth snapped as she would try to spurr them. She would hope to help push them along to the other cavern!
<Atraya> The deer would look up to the approach of the wolves and at first didn’t seem to entirely phased. Had the Myrkeer done something to them? However after they drew closer and almost on top of them the deer would let loose a screetch like no other. It was a mix between an elk and mule. Very unusual indeed! They where deer after all and would not become anyone’s meal. One leap, two leap, and they where headed off in the direction the wolves pressed them. Down the corridors of darkness that was their home they easily navigated through without any trouble. Into the larger cavern they would bound in fear. This is where Atraya and Fianna would be waiting. They had their shot now and would take it. She would wait for a good majority of them to reach the open expanse before leaping from her own place to stirr them down the correct tunnel.
* Fianna was ready as well, springing the moment Atraya did and running after the deer, swerving to deter any that would choose a different path she would snap at their heels and even let loose a rumbling growl. It felt good to loose the tension within her, even a little, and she would keep pace with her mother, herding the deer.
* Kajika nodded his head and stepped forward to place the pouch gently just beside the Morrigan and nose it the rest of the way to her paws. “I sure do!” he replied dutifully and with a slight wag of his tai. “I hardly let it out of my sight,” he added. He hadn’t opened it but simply carried it around under the believe that it was empty. The fountain itself seemed more inviting showing it off to someone else. Others may have noticed it when they first came in perhaps, but inspecting it on display like this almost felt like a formal walkthrough of the estate. Â«end
* kamaitachi would pad intovdarkeness and would hear a loud screech. Running blindly forward she would see ayaka and kova chasing deer and would pause and watch staying in the tunnel in case they decided to charge that way
<Morrigan> Gave a nod of her head to his response before adding “Go on then… fill it up.” she touched her nose to the cold stone and allowed Kajika to move about. She was used to the darkness of the world. She was very demanding wasn’t she.
* Kova it worked! The deer would be pressed down this way and that until they finally reached the other cavern where the pile of bones would be. A low growl escaped her as she snapped at a straggler but these where fast creatures. As soon as Atraya and Fianna lept from their places she would find that she wasn’t to far behind.
* Ayaka would feel a thrill run through her at the deer’s bugle. It was an odd sound, coming from these deer, but nonetheless it was thrilling. She lifted her head and howled as she ran, blasting into the bone cavern on the tail of the deer, running just by Kova and taking note as Atraya and Fianna leapt out as well.
The deer would spring this way and that in an elegant manner but also in a confusing pattern to the predators. Their bodies where not light like the usual deer around their woodland areas but these where darker creatures with almost milky hues. Darkness didn’t require good sight entirely. But what they lacked in sight they surely gained in speed and agility. Bound they would go and seemingly moved in whatever direction the wolves would be moving. With no other choice they would be pushed down the particular corridor as directed and within moments there would be a large blowing roar that shook even the walls of the cave. Ice pieces began to fall from the ceiling clashing and breaking bone on the ground. The wolves best be careful unless they want to be impaled. The Myrkeer surely was responsible.
* kamaitachi watched the faes more before moving out. She heard a roar and the ceiling started falling around her. She jumped out of the corridor and towards the bone pile
* Fianna yelped as an sharp piece of ice landed just beside her, opening up a scratch on her shoulder with how close it came to burying itself in her pelt instead of the floor. Feeling the burn she shook it off, eyeing the ceiling more carefully as she ran, the roar shaking her bones as well as those around her.
* Ayaka felt the adrenaline already coursing through her spike at the roar that sounded, and the crash of ice around them. Hearing Fianna’s surprised yelp made her jerk her glance toward the alphas daughter, eyes a bit wild, but she was glad to see the fae didn’t seem much hurt.
* Kajika blinked but picked up the pouch once more, stepping forward and held the pouch on the ground while pulling the uppermost corner gently with his teeth. He did so gently because these were the jaws afterall that could have easily torn the bag open, spilling its contents all over the floor that they stood on and render it useless. After easing it open, he turned his head sideways
underneath the running water and blinked when the water rebounded off of his muzzle or the bag until he got it just in the right place to start filling up with the cool water. When he felt like it couldn’t hold much more, he paused, figuring out just how to close it and now keep the water in it. Setting it down again he figured would let the water spill out and after doing this much, he wasn’t sure if he would be able to ask for advice on how to close it so he decided to hold it against the wall with a paw while balanced on his other three and pulled his head back until the bag was sinched tight. He wasn’t sure if it would maintain its load if it was jostled or turned upside down, but he figured that he would just be a little more careful with it. When he had completed this task, he would slowly tilt his head up slightly to the Morrigan, a look of his own accomplishment plain on his muzzle. “What next?” He managed to say. He didn’t mind doing all of this because he was slowly memorizing each of the steps as he figured out exactly what these steps would accomplish. (success!)
* skydancer ears drops as roar echo’s around the cavern and then has to proceed and dodge the ice starts coming down in response to the vibrations
* Atraya her frame would shift this way and that against the deer’s own movements as she would do her best to try and dodge the ice shards that started to fall from the ceiling. She would hear the roar and knew they had come across the bear finally, at least, she hoped that’s what it was. Sure enough Myrkeer would be roaring down the caverns as the deer started to move all around him. She would shift her body nd growl “Hurry, follow after!” she started down the cavern
<Morrigan> Watched Kajika move and twist his head to fill the pouch with water. She would wait paitently for him to do the task before she would dip her head “Good… you will need that later.” her milky white hues peered towards the horizon once more and she would stare down a door. “Do you have herbs on hand as well?”
* Kova would have heard her alpha’s words and promptly adjusted her speed and her direction. She would quickly make her way down the corridor towards the bear. She would feel her heart and soul rush throughout her entire body as the impending doom seemed to loom over her, but now was the time and time they shall give to whatever is asked of them with strength and courage. She was a WolfSpirit. Darting headlong into the corridor she would not fail.
* Kajika shook his head slightly and his head started to droop a little, threatening to drop a few drops of excess water before holding his head up straight. “I don’t have any on me, no.” He didn’t feel the need to explain why in this case but couldn’t help to ask if it would completely change whatever the Morrigan had planned. “That’s not going to change anything too much, will it?” The question almost came out of the muzzle of a pup, but he felt like in this situation, it needed to be asked..He wasn’t sure where the nearest herbs might be found but if it would just make things easier and not just possible, then they might be better off without going on an adventure to find some.
* skydancer follows after the others her ears flattening a bit. no matter how acomplished she is in hunting bears, this I no normal bear. how can one kill what is alreadydead. if was alive that is.
* Fianna would rally herself, the scratch nothing compared to the adrenaline and even fear that speared through her. She focused on Atraya’s voice as it called out and indeed there she saw the Mykeer. With a growl of her own, she dug her claws into the ground and launched herself faster, faster, moving as quickly and fluidly after the large bear as she could, her lithe frame dodging each new icicle that fell, hearing it crash to the floor.
* Ayaka leapt over a large pile of bones and pushed herself harder, feeling somehow as if this were a culmination of their adventure so far, what would happen when they caught up? Because they would. If she knew anything about the wolfspirits pack, it was that they were undeterred by any odds. She growled, glancing toward Kova pushing faster beside her, glad to be running beside the fae.
* Shukie and Kwa were still in their perspective tunnels seeking Calder’s pathways in and out of the labrinth of caves. In time the two tunnels would merge, each giving the other a fright so much so both would start to snarl until the tones would be recognized.
* Atraya it was as if the world turned into slow motion as they would all barrel down the corridor after the deer and the sound of a bear. Loud roars would resound against darkness and canyon walls as the cave suddenly became alive. Ahead of them Myrkeer would be roaring in their direciton. Not at the deer, but at those who have disturbed his place. There was little room in the space he occupied for it seemed like they ran right into a slumber chamber but lucky for them he had a way out and out he took.
<Morrigan> Listened intently to Kajika’s words as the resounding roar in the distance seemed to tickle her senses. Maybe Kajika didn’t hear it? She herself had heightened senses for many reasons, perhaps for the lack of sight. Her milky white eyes turned towards Kajika and as if to look right at him she spoke “Perhaps… perhaps not. It all depends on what your pack does.” Cryptic and vague as always it seems but there was a lot of weight behind those words. A seriousness within. “Your pack will need your skills very soon I would wager.”
* Fianna would see the Mykeer snarling and spitting anger in their direction, before spinning to leave his den, deep in the heart of the caves. It was good hejd n exit, she knew or else they would have faced his rage then and there. She snarled as well, all her pent up anger, frustration, and confusion over her mother’s capture, Kwaani’s absence, her papa and rooks disappearance, all going into into it, for she focused it on the Mykeer. He had kept her mother here, chained. Her paws surged faster than ever and she burst into the den and out after the Mykeer. “Coward.” She snarled at him.
* Kova quickly fell in line with all the others and found herself running in the direction of what seemed like certain doom. For her pack. For her family. She would risk it all… even her life. Myrkeer was not happy and the thought of that very large bear coming down upon them would no doubt shake any’s nerves but she held true to herself.
* kamaitachi pinned her ears back at the sight of that awful bear and would continue with the pack to chase him down the cave he disappeared into. She didn’t know what to expect and she had lost all sense of direction
* Atraya down the corridor of ice and stone they would go as the Myrkeer would exit the chamber and into the outside world. The snow would be kicked up in their faces along with the deer. Once the open expanse was reached the deer scattered left and right. Myrkeer would roar back over his shoulder but continued to run into the dark of night. Oh, soon they will get theirs. As soon as they would reach the lip of the exit she would quickly begin to slow until she stopped, panting. ‘Good, he’s in the open!’ she turned her hues to the others who surely fell behind her. “Tomorrow we end this.”
* skydancer glances at fianna, not that she blames her for being upset about the whole situation but that last bit. “carefull, you really don’t want him to try and be a hero right now.” she cautions the youngster a faint look of amused recognition in her eyes even with the situation being as serious as it is. a moment later she shifts her attention back the bear, whare it belong as they chase it down the corridor.
<Morrigan> Moments would pass before she would look towards Kajika and offer in quiet tones “You best join the others… I can manage on my own.”her milky white hues would remain frozen on the horizon.
* Shukie perked her ears, faint sounds seemed to echo all around them, leaving no clue to the actual direction of origination. She had tried, and tried even more to seek out and offer herself and at least Kwaani’s assistance for what ever his unseen chairs were of. “Feels like a quake” her tones normal.